Tinted License Plate Cover

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I am curious as to whether anyone has been ticketed for it? I just covered my plates today and may remove the friggin things. I asked a detail cop about them today and he said it will fail inspection as it obscures the plate. Discuss.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Shit....I got a ticket for a license plate frame. I see those tinted covers around and figure it's an immediate pull over. I don't need the aggravation. Unless you've got some gold PBA card or a GOOJF card... those plate covers are a hard pass. What are they for? Camera detection blocking?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The plates belong to the state, who care if they get dirty?????
Seriously…..?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I am curious as to whether anyone has been ticketed for it? I just covered my plates today and may remove the friggin things. I asked a detail cop about them today and he said it will fail inspection as it obscures the plate. Discuss.
Failing inspection isn't the issue. Whether you will get ticketed is.

Why are you asking here? You need to ask other Mass. drivers. This isn't a Mustang thing, it's a state thing. This is something you Google.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
God I hate those stupid things. If I was LEO, I would pull over every single person with those stupid tinted plate covers.

Sponsored

Fastrthnu5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt premium
I have a cover on mine. Has been there since i tagged it in early 21. Have had same black tag cover on many vehicles. Been pulled over and only once has it even been brought up. I dont see why its a big deal you can see the plate thru it. Also im in oklahoma but travel to arkansas weekly

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I have a cover on mine. Has been there since i tagged it in early 21. Have had same black tag cover on many vehicles. Been pulled over and only once has it even been brought up. I dont see why its a big deal you can see the plate thru it. Also im in oklahoma but travel to arkansas weekly
What are you trying to accomplish with those covers?

Fastrthnu5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt premium
Well i have a fully black car so it matches the esthetic but also it makes it slightly harder to read especially if you make sure to spray water between the tag and coverwhen washing and dust sticks to the tag😈

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
They’re good PC to get pulled over.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I paid for parking and went about my business and when I came back I was getting a ticket. I had the clear ones on not tinted. I was pissed. I ask why since it was clear and I was told that it obscures the plate. Even when clear.! :inspect:

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Illegal and ugly to boot. Our exhaust alone is enough for a cop to feel the need to pull us over. Why give em the free chance.

OP
OP
Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Shit....I got a ticket for a license plate frame. I see those tinted covers around and figure it's an immediate pull over. I don't need the aggravation. Unless you've got some gold PBA card or a GOOJF card... those plate covers are a hard pass. What are they for? Camera detection blocking?
The plates look like shit being as bright as they are.
Sponsored