Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Me too!

My tint guy would not touch my front windshield. Said too many electronics to potentially get wet during the install process and he didnt want to be responsible nor wreck my new car. I agreed 🙂
I’ve done it twice with no issue in my 17
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I had 80% on the front windshield of my 2016 GT. I dunno what all the concern is about, lay a towel down on the dash and tuck the edge down by the windshield.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
In case anyone is interested, As of 3/2020:

2021-06-11 14.16.45.jpg

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
In case anyone is interested, As of 3/2020:

2021-06-11 14.16.45.jpg
Explanation of the State Law Summary Chart

LAW CHARTS
US State Law Chart (2020)

Canada Window Tinting Law Chart
The summary chart of state aftermarket tint law information is not a legal document.It is the result of independent research, using several sources of public state documents. Window tinting laws vary from state to state and province to province. Before applying any window tinting materials, installers should thoroughly review the appropriate state regulations as well as local enforcement policies to insure compliance with all applicable standards.

FilmVLT%: Refers to the film itself

Net VLT%: Refers to the combined film & glass

Vague: The language of the law is unclear, legislative intent is unclear, or interpretation is uncertain.

Windshield: Presumably, NR tinting is permitted above the AS-1 line. If the law specifies only the AS-1 line, AS-1 appears. If AS-1 or specified inches appears, the AS-1 is assumed and only the number of inches down appears.(Note: NR is used in lieu of “No, Any, or a specific percentage” when the law permits unspecified “nonobstructive” or “Transparent” tinting materials. In these cases, the legality of tinting inevitably depends upon each officer’s discretion.

Front Sides: No film, or the actual percentage of VLT permitted. (Note: Because they may vary from state to state, manufacturer’s tolerances (i.e. + / - 3% VLT) are not listed on this chart, not are they included in these VLT numbers.)

MPV: Multi Purpose Vehicle, a vehicle with motive power, except a trailer, designed to carry ten people or less that is constructed either on a truck chassis or has special features for occasional off-road operation.

Back Sides: No film, or the actual percentage of VLT permitted.

Rear: No film, or the actual percentage of VLT permitted.

% of Reflectivity: NR No metallic or mirrored appearance

NE: Not excessive (not specific)

MNIR: Must not increase reflectivity

MBNR: Must be non-reflective (not specific)

NMMA: No metallic or mirror

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I always have 70% ceramic installed on the windshield on all my vehicles. Sure it is illegal at least in CA but never been bothered and I have over 276K miles on my F150. Like everyone here has said, the windshield is where you get the most heat (unless you have a glass roof) and ceramic tinting is the way to go.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Come to Florida, everyone has 5% tint here, even the cops.
Dont tell him that, we dont need more YANKEE's (no not baseball team inference) here!!! :cwl:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Dont tell him that, we dont need more YANKEE's (no not baseball team inference) here!!! :cwl:
I seem to remember a report on the evening news that said they were going to ban anymore Yankees (not the baseball team) from moving to Southern Florida. That was in 1976, just after my mother moved down to Deerfield Beach from NY. :crackup: :like:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
Heck, it only took me a year and a half to get it done, geeze. Went with the best they had to offer, "ceramic" allegedly, whatever that means in terms of vinyl film. (you got me) Stayed legal up front with thirty percent and twenty for the triangles and rear glass. Nothing on the windshield.

The most astounding thing to me being an old schooler is the heat reduction improvement in the vinyl. Amazing technology and visibility isn't hampered too much.

1625348555139.png

1625348573453.png

1625348593684.png

1625348608926.png
Looks nice KB! I have one question. How do the tinters avoid damaging the rear seat delete in the CFTP cars. Can it support the weight of the technician without damaging it while they tint the rear windows or do they have to take any special precaution?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice KB! I have one question. How do the tinters avoid damaging the rear seat delete in the CFTP cars. Can it support the weight of the technician without damaging it while they tint the rear windows or do they have to take any special precaution?
Not answering for KB, but when the tinter did my rear tint in my 350R, the rear seat delete was sat on and no issues.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Looks really good, I will have mine done soon.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Can it support the weight of the technician without damaging it
Jim is correct. The seat pan is still there below the cardboard and it was not an issue. I have had adults back there again, no problem with the tint guy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I envy you guys that can run such dark tint.

Up here in Minnesota (which I am convinced is on its way to being another California), legal window tint is barely perceptible. It's hardly worth the expense and effort.
Sponsored