Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Mighty sorry to learn that, Dave...clearly a case of too much government. But, be thankful your vehicles don't suffer from this equatorial sun that we have down here.
Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
The “ceramic” is what gives you the heat rejection. Actually the biggest heat creator is your windshield. I had mine done with 70% You cannot see it, no issues with visibility or your local police. And the added heat rejection is significant.
I got 80% on my windshield, ceramic. love it. I tell everyone to get 70/80
Does your state have inspection stickers on the windshield? I'm not sure how well that would work here in PA since they usually scrape off the old sticker with a blade.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
How do you find your windshield with polarized sunglasses? Since the tint itself is polarized I find some of mine give everything a purplish tint. Actually its pretty cool.
I've been told this is all in your eyes. Some people see that, some people don't. I also see it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Does your state have inspection stickers on the windshield? I'm not sure how well that would work here in PA since they usually scrape off the old sticker with a blade.
I've been told this is all in your eyes. Some people see that, some people don't. I also see it.
Two valid concerns and reasons I won’t tint my windshield.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The installer will know not to put tint where the sticker goes.

As KB said it’s in the sunglasses. Non polarized are no issue. Highly polarized, like my Maui Jim’s and Ray Bans give me the glow. It is not an issue and the heat rejection is worth it.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I envy you guys that can run such dark tint.

Up here in Minnesota (which I am convinced is on its way to being another California), legal window tint is barely perceptible. It's hardly worth the expense and effort.
Well, in MO we can't tint the windshield. Drivers and passenger side windows can have a max of 35% but from there on back could be painted solid if you wanted.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I envy you guys that can run such dark tint.

Up here in Minnesota (which I am convinced is on its way to being another California), legal window tint is barely perceptible. It's hardly worth the expense and effort.
The chart I put up and Earl linked up says otherwise, you should take a look at it.

Here in SNJ you have two options: 1) The tinter can cut out the state required area (Sucks if you have anything darker than 70%, I dont) of 6H x 8W. Option 2: Go to a Pvt location and have it done there and stick it on the cling tape and affix it on the tint for easy removal in the in future (This option requires payment of $60 every 2 years). I have not made my decision what I am going to do since I have 4 years to decide.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it has to do with whether your sunglasses are polarized as well.
"When you get up in the morning and the light is hurt your head......"

No cheap sunglasses worn over here buddy.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<smiling> I hear ya, Jamie, I am a big fan of buy cheap, buy twice. That said...

The price of glasses doesn't reflect whether they're polarized or not, at least I don't think so. They're more better IF you don't have a job or hobby that puts you behind other polarized glass. Then, IMHO, they are unusable, no matter the cost.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I only wear polarized as I have blue eyes and get headaches from bright lights. I’ve yet to tint my windshield as I’m waiting to get a medical exemption but I’ve never minded the rainbow effect of using polarized glasses.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only wear polarized as I have blue eyes and get headaches from bright lights.

Exactly. I also have a US Standard issue membership where I get 70% off Oakley sunglasses. I then use uniform allowance to buy them :thumbsup:

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
KB, Sara looks very good in shades.
I have yet to tint also being a Commiefornian like others have said, is it worth the trouble for the small reduction. I did invest in some high end Oakleys and love the glare reduction they provide.
The desert sun is not kind to us blue-eyed gingers!