KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
@KingKona
You either don't read the posts or you have zero retention of what you do read.
I certainly don't read all posts....no.

It's a shame you can't just act like an adult and be clear, complete and concise with your information.

It's kinda' like you're hiding something......
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I have at least 2 posts where I name the model. If you can't be bothered with reading them I can't be bothered repeating it.

I never put people on ignore but I think you are going to be an exception.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
We must be the outliers in our age group (I’m 28) and I don’t like this new iPad video game trend.
Ford is having issues incorporating the screens properly into the dash. Instead of making them look like damn tablets sticking out or floating, it should be built into the dash.

Look at the 2024 Nautilus. It looks amazing as the whole dash is screen, two 24" screens making it a large 48" widescreen. Doesn't look like an after thought.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
We
Ford is having issues incorporating the screens properly into the dash. Instead of making them look like damn tablets sticking out or floating, it should be built into the dash.

Look at the 2024 Nautilus. It looks amazing as the whole dash is screen, two 24" screens making it a large 48" widescreen. Doesn't look like an after thought.
That's issue with the screens, they are just......there. And the bezels of the screens are really thick as well. It just screams cheap and lazy.

But I'm sure the Unreal engine graphics make up for it. And the Fox Body gauges. 🙄🤣The gimmicks are just 👌.

Sponsored

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
I will say after having driven the Mach 1 around a lot, you definitely notice what Thomas talks about in the video with feeling the front end tires... I didn't realize it as much when i first got it but after having taken it through twisty backroads in the mountains a lot, it's definitely my biggest complaint with Mustangs as well and I don't even do track days. If it's even worse in the S650, then yikes.

Really makes you appreciate cars like the GR86 that are more simple/analog more, doesn't it?
Dont give a rat ass about gr86 or whatever craps that come from.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
They basically called it the same car as before but with much worse steering and a messed up interior .....they say they video gamified the Mustang
Not that I would like to object any of this (or sell the other opinion), it is just interesting that TheStraightPipes guys just claimed the steering to be much better than the S550 GT.
().

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
It's cosmetic "video-gamey"...Ford is too cheap to put in a heads' up display or other modern tech. They just put in a video card from 2010 for the dash and hoped that having the fake Fox gauge cluster would blind everyone with memories.

I'm also upset that they pulled out the analog gauges in the handling pack...wonder if they're in the Dark Horse. Not sure I like the new exhaust sound either.

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
We

That's issue with the screens, they are just......there. And the bezels of the screens are really thick as well. It just screams cheap and lazy.

But I'm sure the Unreal engine graphics make up for it. And the Fox Body gauges. 🙄🤣The gimmicks are just 👌.
Ford should give the option to display both types of gauges from the S550. That way when someone has buyers remorse for trading in their beloved S550 they can sort of get their old car back,,,,,, :)

Sponsored

SN8KBTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE, 2022 ZR2 Silverado, 2023 Acura MDX
Ford, please focus on more analog and not so much on the I-Pad afterthought.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The Smoking Tire had the same steering complaints and they actually praise the Mach 1 and GT350. Makes me wonder if some of these pre-production cars had some sort of issue where their steering was actually running in Comfort Mode or something. I know in my car Comfort Mode on the steering feedback feels like it's an old Buick.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I know in my car Comfort Mode on the steering feedback feels like it's an old Buick.
Steering modes only change how heavy the steering wheel is. It has nothing to do with the actual steering feel and feedback. It makes you put a bit more effort to turn the wheel, but the steering itself is just as numb. You don't feel any changes in sufrace through the wheel. Replacing those terrible 235 wheels with something more adequate and making even mild changes to the suspension helps improve the feel by quite a bit. That's why mach1 is praised, I guess. I'm sure that DH will have more favorable feedback too.

Having said that, majority of modern cars try to insulate driver from actual process of engaged driving as much as possible, and replace it with bunch of gimmics like steering wheel modes, fake engine sounds, all sorts of assists and 3-letter acronyms. It's just safer and most people like it. My first ever car didn't have any assisted steering, turning the wheels stationery was equal to a good workout. It also didn't have ABS, or traction control, or anything else. It was equipped with a heater and a radio. While it was an old 70 HP econobox, it was probably the most engaging driving experience. If you didin't hold a steering wheel strong enough, it would pull itself out of your hands on a rough road and potentially dislocate couple of your fingers. On a gravel road, you could tell the size of pebbles through the steering. If you pressed brakes too hard, front wheels would lock up and if you are in gear, engine would shut down. Driving this thing on ice was the best educational experience for me as a driver.

None of modern cars that I'm aware of give that level of engagement and feedback. Except for Lotus maybe. So we can keep pounding on mustang steering feel, but at the end of day, it's not much different from everything else. Look at some threads on this forum - the minute people experience tramlining on cup2 tires, they go and buy a different set of wheels to make it more numb. Masses don't actually want communicative steering, and a GT car doesn't need it, I guess.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Steering modes only change how heavy the steering wheel is. It has nothing to do with the actual steering feel and feedback. It makes you put a bit more effort to turn the wheel, but the steering itself is just as numb.
I disagree. While you're correct that it doesn't change suspension geometry, overboosting the assistance either way absolutely changes the feedback you get from the wheel. I run my steering in normal as Sport adds unnecessary weight to the wheel and comfort overboosts the assistance and numbs the feedback you get.
Sponsored