UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
2024 Ford Mustang GT Review // $50,000 V8 Champion - YouTube

Im laughing so dang hard at first 30-45 seconds......

They basically called it the same car as before but with much worse steering and a messed up interior .....they say they video gamified the Mustang

They literally said the steering was so bad they had 0 confidence in the new car through the corners
Sponsored

OP
OP

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Weird... Steeda's review was the exact opposite
From Road and Track

"A numb front end with next to zero steering feel doesn’t help things, and occasionally creates a sketchy ice-skatey vibe because you don’t know how much grip is available."

I am thinking some of the reviews are just kissing Ford you know where vs. giving honest evaluation.....

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Pretty much what everyone figured it’d be. I’m sure it appeals to some people but I don’t really care for the updates. Feels like they tried to make it more like a 2 series BMW but didn’t do it as nicely.

It really is more “video gamey” and gimmicky, but not necessarily in a good way. I prefer the 2018+ models and I say that as a 26 yr old who loves playing video games.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Yeah the opening was hilarious. On the steering thing I think that has always been a Mustang criticism to some degree. I think they have touched on many things we as enthusiasts are struggling to like about the car too. And they nailed it when they said its basically the same car it was before.

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yeah the opening was hilarious. On the steering thing I think that has always been a Mustang criticism to some degree. I think they have touched on many things we as enthusiasts are struggling to like about the car too. And they nailed it when they said its basically the same car it was before.
I will say after having driven the Mach 1 around a lot, you definitely notice what Thomas talks about in the video with feeling the front end tires... I didn't realize it as much when i first got it but after having taken it through twisty backroads in the mountains a lot, it's definitely my biggest complaint with Mustangs as well and I don't even do track days. If it's even worse in the S650, then yikes.

Really makes you appreciate cars like the GR86 that are more simple/analog more, doesn't it?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I always try and listen to Evan Smith's review. REVEVAN via youtube. He is honest and goes back to foxbody days, Editor MM&FF mag and Raceway Park NJ.. Diehard STANG fan, who is actually a very cool dude. met him numerous times at Englishtown with his Freehold FOxbody Stang back in the day.. A true Gentleman....... Also Jim "Campy" Campisano..., Another great guy!!!!!
Anthony

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Pretty much what everyone figured it’d be. I’m sure it appeals to some people but I don’t really care for the updates. Feels like they tried to make it more like a 2 series BMW but didn’t do it as nicely.

It really is more “video gamey” and gimmicky, but not necessarily in a good way. I prefer the 2018+ models and I say that as a 26 yr old who loves playing video games.
We must be the outliers in our age group (I’m 28) and I don’t like this new iPad video game trend.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
They literally said the steering was so bad they had 0 confidence in the new car through the corners...
Same as the 2015-2023 cars. 0 steering feel due to EPAS.

ETA; Actually, it looks like they've made it even worse!!!!

I did not think that was possible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Raties ride really touched on the fact, the GT would be a ton better with an Tremec and why Ford hasn't dropped it in the GT's. I'm wondering what's the purpose of the dual intakes if the S650 GT's are making the same HP as the S550 Bullitt.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

The good folks at M7G must be going apoplectic!!!

Also, FWIW, that's a 300A/301A interior. Note the two separate screens.

1690300274301.png

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Raties ride really touched on the fact, the GT would be a ton better with an Tremec and why Ford hasn't dropped it in the GT's. I'm wondering what's the purpose of the dual intakes if the S650 GT's are making the same HP as the S550 Bullitt.
Thought same thing about dual intakes LOL

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You know part of the appeal to the 2024 Mustang is the engineers said they improved the steering, which is my biggest pet-peeve with this car. Coming out of an E92 M3, which was the last hydraulic steering BMW, this is huge. To hear that its no better than the outgoing S550 is going to be an obstacle for me to move forward with an S650. The S550's GT350 and GT500 supposedly corrected a lot of the issues with the steering, so what gives? When are the reviews of the DH coming out?

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
You know part of the appeal to the 2024 Mustang is the engineers said they improved the steering, which is my biggest pet-peeve with this car. Coming out of an E92 M3, which was the last hydraulic steering BMW, this is huge. To hear that its no better than the outgoing S550 is going to be an obstacle for me to move forward with an S650. The S550's GT350 and GT500 supposedly corrected a lot of the issues with the steering, so what gives? When are the reviews of the DH coming out?
I agree, I'm huge fan of steering. Almost pulled the trigger on an Alpine white E92 M3 but read the horror stories with rod bearings and went and bought a mustang. I do like the steering on the Camaro 1LE over the Mustang.
Sponsored