Sponsored

Throttle Body Issue (P2112 Code)

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Really sending gratitude your way! I’ve managed to have them declare and sign a waiver indicating that they sold me a vehicle with aftermarket parts neither parties were aware of. Hopefully they’ll assume responsibility for this. But why would a rev limiter cause an emissions fail?
Because it is an after market part and you can be sure that the tune changed fueling parameters, not the red line only
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nikitopless

Nikitopless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Because it is an after market part and you can be sure that the tune changed fueling parameters, not the red line only
Is there any way I can find out what kind of tune was done? It’s parameters etc?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
But why would a rev limiter cause an emissions fail?
You’ll only have an emission fail if the OBD test illustrates monitors not active.
If all required monitors are shown as active you’ll pass the test.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Really sending gratitude your way! I’ve managed to have them declare and sign a waiver indicating that they sold me a vehicle with aftermarket parts neither parties were aware of. Hopefully they’ll assume responsibility for this. But why would a rev limiter cause an emissions fail?
But in that waiver document from them, it should state that THEY are guaranteeing that when the vehicle fails for emissions, they will cover costs associated to getting a valid passing inspection.

A "waiver" that they are now agreeing they sold you a modified vehicle doesn't do anything other than say "we're not liable" for XYZ problems or if it fails inspection. UNLESS it's specially worded in that waiver that they are also guaranteeing the vehicle will pass NJ State Inspection.

If the waiver isn't worded as such, they only removed liability from themselves and if the car fails NJ Inspection, you're responsible for getting it to pass at whatever costs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nikitopless

Nikitopless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
But in that waiver document from them, it should state that THEY are guaranteeing that when the vehicle fails for emissions, they will cover costs associated to getting a valid passing inspection.

A "waiver" that they are now agreeing they sold you a modified vehicle doesn't do anything other than say "we're not liable" for XYZ problems or if it fails inspection. UNLESS it's specially worded in that waiver that they are also guaranteeing the vehicle will pass NJ State Inspection.

If the waiver isn't worded as such, they only removed liability from themselves and if the car fails NJ Inspection, you're responsible for getting it to pass at whatever costs.
How about a fake inspection sticker? 😅

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Reving 15-17 engine that high without having an upgraded oil pump gear is a sure way to get yourself a new engine - and given car has pedal commander, doubt it had the gear upgraded.

Sorry to not be more helpful, but would really look at that.
Provide any account here of OPGs/engine failure occurring with a 15-17 tune/intake-only motor.

I had the same thing......tune & intake, that raised the limiter to 7750. Didn't cause the slightest bit of an issue.

OP
OP
Nikitopless

Nikitopless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Provide any account here of OPGs/engine failure occurring with a 15-17 tune/intake-only motor.

I had the same thing......tune & intake, that raised the limiter to 7750. Didn't cause the slightest bit of an issue.
0A35E799-1A59-40E6-A86B-7B0B4B728731.jpeg

72069CC7-90AA-45A0-9F59-27C2ED2B109C.jpeg

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
How about a fake inspection sticker? 😅
So with that aftermarket tune, should my beloved home state decide to start following California's lead, you'll be in a rough spot, possibly failing.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a37022836/california-ecu-tune-during-smog-checks/

Simply having it, regardless of how aggressive or could be the world's nicest tune, will still fail. Not sure if you have your tuner, but to cover your own ass, it'd be nice to have that tuner so should it happen, you can still at least return your car to stock, pass your smog, and then go back to your tune afterwards.

Laws do take some time, and even if your state magically whizbang throws it in and passes it, they'll still give you time to comply, but if your dealer is busy thinking about stuff and it's a hot topic with them, might give you more bargaining room while it's going on.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I get this same code and fail safe mode when on the track, driving me nuts. I have a Bamma tune and I have the limiter set at 7400. Maybe I need to lower the redline? Always seemed to kick in on a down shift with a throttle blip and the car in a very slight drift. Usually going from 4th to 3rd around 80mph.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nikitopless

Nikitopless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
I get this same code and fail safe mode when on the track, driving me nuts. I have a Bamma tune and I have the limiter set at 7400. Maybe I need to lower the redline? Always seemed to kick in on a down shift with a throttle blip and the car in a very slight drift. Usually going from 4th to 3rd around 80mph.
I’m getting my car back today. Had the Throttle Body replaced so I’ll keep everyone updated if it was just defected or had any relation to tune/software.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yes, limp mode but only on the track. Not going to dealer, not under warranty. They will never figure it out. I can hear them now "unable to recreate the issue".

OP
OP
Nikitopless

Nikitopless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Yes, limp mode but only on the track. Not going to dealer, not under warranty. They will never figure it out. I can hear them now "unable to recreate the issue".
I can confirm I had a defective Throttle Body. Problem went away, kept tune, still rev up to 7500 and no problems
Sponsored