Throttle Body Difference

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So if someone wants their Mustang to sound like a lawnmower with a burned out muffler you recommend a Soler throttle body?
Lol! That’s exactly what they will get when using an analog signal tb on a car which requires a digital signal. It was a trial and error when I agreed to be a beta tester for the Soler tb.

Overall, I am happy with my Soler ported factory tb. Mike @ Soler worked with me until everything was straightened out and to me, that’s what I call good customer service.
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Oh, totally agree. Even though I’m on my third tb, his support and customer service has been top shelf.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Lol! That’s exactly what they will get when using an analog signal tb on a car which requires a digital signal. It was a trial and error when I agreed to be a beta tester for the Soler tb.

Overall, I am happy with my Soler ported factory tb. Mike @ Soler worked with me until everything was straightened out and to me, that’s what I call good customer service.
I was also a beta tester. The unit I received did not have the added aggressive machining I believe all units now have. My experience has been very good with no issues to date and I have been running it now for a full year. As has been said, Mike has been fantastic. He offered to add the extra machining gratis but the car runs so good I decided not to do anything.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Are there any track record reporting on guys with a tune and a Soler? I have one experience…buddy got a tune and then later on, a surging idle developed. He swapped back to the stock tb, didn’t touch the tune, and it’s been great ever since.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are there any track record reporting on guys with a tune and a Soler? I have one experience…buddy got a tune and then later on, a surging idle developed. He swapped back to the stock tb, didn’t touch the tune, and it’s been great ever since.
Do you mean a tune after the installation of the Soler tb or just a tune on the car in general?

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, just a tune after, or in conjuntion with.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sooooooo…got the Ford Performance tb in and put it back on the car. Did a solid drive, 30 miles or so, freeway, lots of stop and go in town…and honestly, I can’t tell a daggum bit of difference from the Soler. Which is odd because I clearly remember my first Soler being different. Subtle, but it was an improvement in a few ways. But going backwards…nada. Oh well. IDK.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sooooooo…got the Ford Performance tb in and put it back on the car. Did a solid drive, 30 miles or so, freeway, lots of stop and go in town…and honestly, I can’t tell a daggum bit of difference from the Soler. Which is odd because I clearly remember my first Soler being different. Subtle, but it was an improvement in a few ways. But going backwards…nada. Oh well. IDK.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember posting about how the ECU would do its level best to adjust the way it commands the Soler throttle angle so that it would deliver the same performance as the stock throttle body.

The TB is just a means to an end for the ECU - it adjusts the throttle plate to deliver the exact air mass per second needed to respond to the driver's pedal input. The throttle plate angle ends up being whatever it has to be to deliver that air mass per second. Polish or machine the throttle body to deliver more air at a specific angle, the ECU just closes it a bit to get what it wants.

Now, when you initially installed the Soler, the ECU needed to "learn" the response curve of the TB, so there was a discernable difference. Once it figured it out, the learned compensation got the pedal to power relationship back to stock. When the OEM part went back in, the ECU breathed a sigh of relief and went back to its factory settings.
Sponsored