Sponsored

Thoughts on the New Bronco?

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Got to see the full size Bronco in person.

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Killer retro look... could be a huge hit for Ford if quality is there and they can keep up with potential demand. I think the market is primed for a retro utilitarian suv as the appeal of large, bloated, look alike SUV’s is getting stale. My wife has an 07 FJ Cruiser and it is insane what the resale and interest is for this vehicle that was last made in 2014.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here’s the bigger question:

Will the Bronco paint be able to hold up to a single trail, muddying or water crossing - or will it chip and flake like an S550 that is driven on the street.... LOL

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Killer retro look... could be a huge hit for Ford if quality is there and they can keep up with potential demand. I think the market is primed for a retro utilitarian suv as the appeal of large, bloated, look alike SUV’s is getting stale. My wife has an 07 FJ Cruiser and it is insane what the resale and interest is for this vehicle that was last made in 2014.
This is true for the 4Runner as well. Big resale value.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was pumped when they announced that they're bringing it back. I talked to my neighbor (not a diehard Ford girl) who traded her GC in and said it was an upgrade in every sense of the word.

So my plan is a two door, all white Bronco with 'JUICE' as my license plate.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think Ford absolutely nailed the designs of both the new Bronco and Bronco Sport.

bronco21.jpg

I just wish Ford had the forethought to have made these available for sale outside of the USA. Bronco, along with Mustang, is a globally recognized name, it would virtually sell itself. I had hoped the success of the Mustang as an export would have convinced Ford that the Bronco could do very well in other countries.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I love the looks but they need to come with more HP !

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The look is there but with the front wheel drive layout the lost me.
It needs to be more truck based

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
The look is there but with the front wheel drive layout the lost me.
It needs to be more truck based
You're confusing the bronco and bronco sport.
The Bronco is a body on frame "truck" the bronco sport is a ford escape with a new body. Almost everybody I have talked to that isn't diehard interested in the bronco gets these confused so no worries.

I have a reservation in, but I hope I don't actually get it until summer 2022. Just bought my 2021 mustang GT April 2nd, would be nice to have about a year to get a nice down payment together for the bronco.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Miss my 07 fj ..was a great vehicle..was gonna Maybe get a new bronco..but ended up finding a sweet deal on a 08 GX470

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
As a previous 4-time 2-door Jeep Wrangler owner, I love that Ford had the foresight to offer the 2-door as the nameplate originally intended. I hope that Bronco quality exceeds Jeep's.

I have one on the short list of possible replacements for my '15 Mustang (the only non-car), believe it or not. It fits my non-driver needs better than the Mustang, but I think I'd miss having a car I can take out and thrash on weekends.
Sponsored