Sponsored

Thoughts on the front camera mod (NAViKS)

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
There's a great 1st mod thread I'd recommend anyone read - lots of small but great ideas people have done to their cars (and I have a list of them I'll be doing too!). One of them is the "front camera" addition, something this car should have to keep the splitter off the cub and something my C7 had that was very useful. Now - I have noted that Mustang guys like to back into their spots more frequently than our neck and torso mobility impaired, New Balance wearing Corvette brothers... but still - Ford should have added a front camera.
So - before I even took delivery of mine - I ordered up the Natika camera and through messages with guys here who have done it - settled on the NAViKS module I'd use...
The NaviKS site says they have installation instructions for all cars... so I message them - and heard nothing. I'm not a fan of that sort of customer service pre-sales as it's usually pretty indicative of what to expect... but I pressed on. After my car was delivered I actually called the fine folks at NAViKS... and the dude was as friendly as a handcuffed runner with jock itch... like - curt is putting his demeanor politely... and since I was just asking about the difference between 2 modules, you might have expected a bit more enthusiasm on their end... Still... against by better judgment I opted for the $300 module and submitted my web order.
It took a few days for the order to be fulfilled and when I got it and opened the box - the module very clearly had been in someone else's very dirty car OR put together in nana's attic... Like - you know how connected this car is - this thing looked like a dirty physical manifestation of "malware tracking you" - that I could hold in my hands and marvel at the cat hair on...
Should have listened to my gut... so - I politely went to their website, filled out the RMA request... the next day I had to poke them on it since you have a 14 day window to return this thing... they issued the number and I shipped it back - insured and signature guarantee. Received in NYC right when UPS said it would be... and then no refund, no email, nothing... So - knowing how return departments work - I waited, becasue I'm a reasonable dude... after several days I went back to my RMA email and the original case and asked why the refund had not been issues when the return was signed for... like a hour later - refund issued.

I'm not directly bashing them rather sharing the experience I had. It's actually a pretty cool modification - one I kinda wanted to do. But other members I chatted with said they are absolutely no help with installation (contrary to their site) - but it's a pretty easy install... I dunno - something about the personality, the misinformation and the dusty, cat haired part... just a note here for the future mod-er considering this one. I still think it's a cool mod - but I'm not keen on the supplier of the key component.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I haven't installed mine, but I had a good buying experience. I got it on sale, it was shipped quickly, and it was NIB.

I am waiting on a new front bumper cover that I ordered 6 months ago.....

I can't bear to drill the one that came with the car.
Sponsored