Sponsored

Road Course thoughts?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any of you GT500 owners had them to the road course yet? Any thoughts about how it went? I'm looking forward to hearing more about these cars.
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Any of you GT500 owners had them to the road course yet? Any thoughts about how it went? I'm looking forward to hearing more about these cars.
Same here!

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It performs amazing on the track, better than anticipated
Any more details? Can you describe what car you are coming from and compare it to the GT500? Really anything at all - I'd love to hear more information about the GT500. I feel that the pro reviews we've gotten so far have been a little lacking.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
I heard a GT500 was on track and in 2 sessions wore through the outside of the front tires. He did not have caster/camber plates. If you only do one thing before your track event get caster/camber plates.

It is now being stated that the handling package gets the caster/camber plates. However it will be later in the year maybe this summer went owners possibly get them.

Unfortunately I’m going to Barber in April and more than likely will not get the caster/camber plates in time.

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I heard a GT500 was on track and in 2 sessions wore through the outside of the front tires. He did not have caster/camber plates. If you only do one thing before your track event get caster/camber plates.

It is now being stated that the handling package gets the caster/camber plates. However it will be later in the year maybe this summer went owners possibly get them.

Unfortunately I’m going to Barber in April and more than likely will not get the caster/camber plates in time.
Heard? from who? do you have any idea if they were on 4S or Cup 2s?

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

What track was this? Do you know what car the driver owned previously? Any comparisons from him on what he thought of the GT500 versus his previous vehicle? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for more information if possible.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
We'll find out soon at the Track Attack just how well they perform as well as anything regarding 4S tire life.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We'll find out soon at the Track Attack just how well they perform as well as anything regarding 4S tire life.
As far as I'm concerned it can't come soon enough.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hear you man. I'll see if I can get the opportunity to find out more about what their service guys are running into as well.

Sponsored

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The PS4S & Cup2s last and have good wear with the camber plates. It's not advised to track the car without them, especially if you're anything but a beginner.

Too little camber with too much steering input (from inexperience) will kill tires in most cars.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
The PS4S & Cup2s last and have good wear with the camber plates. It's not advised to track the car without them, especially if you're anything but a beginner.

Too little camber with too much steering input (from inexperience) will kill tires in most cars.
Yep

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
]

Heard? from who? do you have any idea if they were on 4S or Cup 2s?
My mistake it was 4 sessions, 1 day on track corded the outside of the 4S tires. The rest of the tire looked great.
Joe Johnson told me this.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I’m just trying to decide if I should buy caster/camber plates or wait for ford to get the plates to me before I go to Barber.

I agree with Billy the plates are required for using the car on track.
Sponsored