Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Soooo, what happened to the big power tease?

Yawn. Underwhelmed for sure. Some good content and great to see the name back, sure, but.....
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I love the front bumper, but damn, 480hp is a little disappointing. I wish they would've hit a nice even 500. Also, the magnum wheels look like shit on the S550...

I'm glad they offer the Tremec and the A10 though.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely digging the wheels on the Handling package, but otherwise sharing @Hack's thoughts for the most part. Where's the unique hood?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Ugh, I also wish this wasn't a "limited addition." Here comes the ADMs...

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Performance Data Recorder that you can use for filming track laps. Yes it's a fluffy deal rather than something you have to have, but it would be really nice to be able to film and review your laps and have that functionality within the stock car.
Here's what the PDR looks like in a ZL1. It overlays the track profile and stats on your lap(s) so you can review your entire session for your own entertainment / learning and improvement
2017-camaro-zl1-performance-10.jpg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh, I also wish this wasn't a "limited addition." Here comes the ADMs...
I doubt it's really 'limited' in any overt way. @martinjlm do you have PP2 and Bullitt production break down? True there were ADMs on Bullitts (even still to this day!) but they didn't last much past the initial wave of 'gotta have it' buyers. My GTI Rabbitt was far more 'limited' (only 500 made in Cornflow Blue) and I didn't pay any ADM, there was a small price bump over the standard 'S' and the resell was total crap.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do like the pedestal wing on the white one. The PP2 wing is very functional but I prefer the wing to stand up more.

For a car that is replacing the GT350 and 350R, why didn't they push the power to 520 or a bit more? The only hope is that the Mach 1 is lighter than the 350/R but with all the extra cooling bits it sounds liek it will be heavier and with less power, it will be slower. Might do better at a twisty track but will be lesser off the line.

It could be, IMHO, they went with the Getrag gearing to keep the car slower (manual) just so they could come out with better gearing in a Tremec and get more out of (basically) the same engine. It is possible they fixed the gearing to be more track focused and to put the power down better.

Wonder if they also closed the gap a bit more between the manual and auto.

So what do you think these will cost?

Base Mach 1 - $56,000
Add Handling package $7-8,000

Any chance those round grill fog lights are smoked over and DO work? One of the photos makes them look more like glass and less plasticy

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like the pedestal wing on the white one. The PP2 wing is very functional but I prefer the wing to stand up more.

For a car that is replacing the GT350 and 350R, why didn't they push the power to 520 or a bit more? The only hope is that the Mach 1 is lighter than the 350/R but with all the extra cooling bits it sounds liek it will be heavier and with less power, it will be slower. Might do better at a twisty track but will be lesser off the line.

It could be, IMHO, they went with the Getrag gearing to keep the car slower (manual) just so they could come out with better gearing in a Tremec and get more out of (basically) the same engine. It is possible they fixed the gearing to be more track focused and to put the power down better.

Wonder if they also closed the gap a bit more between the manual and auto.
I think we should be looking at the GT500 as the replacement for GT350. GT350 was supposed to end production after 2018, but the delays in launch of the GT500 kept it in the portfolio. With GT500 (incl CFTP) on the street, Ford was already positioned to pull the GT350. Mach I is more a replacement for Bullitt and maybe also PP2.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I also wonder if the extra trans cooler applies to the manual cars as well.
the GT350 has had a trans cooler since 2016(?). This is the same parts.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going through the B-roll video and caught a glimpse of what must be a puddle lamp projector at the 0:50 mark. Look under the mirror casing. If you look at the B-roll you get some good views of M1 Concourse. Looks like that's where all the pics and video were taken.

Mach I Puddle Lamp.JPG

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My previous post aside, I bet this will wind up being very quick on track. The PP2 certainly is, but suffers from cooling issues, so with the cooling (assuming) resolved, the added option for a beefed up A10, revised aero/suspension tuning ... can't wait to see an A10 Handling Pack tested.

I guess since it's not mentioned, the manual with get a 3.73 and the auto a 3.55 (TORSENs like a PP car), but isn't the standard Tremec gearing a little lazy with the 3.73?

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Fantastic job Ford, I’m not underwhelmed at all, clearly a well thought out enhancement to the platform. Hope to see one in my garage next year. Do I wish it had 500+ hp, sure, but I am hopeful Ford is not done tuning the production version. Either way, exactly the one I've been waiting for. Great work!
Sponsored