SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i am a bit.....underwhelmed...
i have been looking forward to this coming out and now im not sure if i want one or not....
will have to wait and see what configurations and prices are before i choose.
might have to go retro and get a 2004 Mach 1 or add another Boss to my collection....

do we know when Ford will put the Build your own up on the website??
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
However the Bullitt was sold in Europe so one could hope.
it says right near the top that it's going global. Just that timeframe is TBD and thus not specified.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I dig it. Awesome to see the Tremec and some cool-down parts. Absolutely love the styling.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
the Diff has been there for years. The A10 already has a cooler doesn't it? The MT82 doesn't have a pump which is my buying the Shelby coolers is a waste of time.

BigWorm graphics kit in 3.. 2.. 1
And I wonder how much of the improved suspension is actually the Magneride Handling Package in the catalog as well. Overall with some dedication you can build this car from the FP catalog hopefully we will get some discount here. But for sure with A10 and Tremac as well as Handling Package this car will be way more expensive than a Bullitt Probably like +5000$ more expensive.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
underwhelmed as well....come on, faux lamps??

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
underwhelmed as well....come on, faux lamps??
Yup, grills gotta go. Cali special grill for sure, or a honeycomb with the tribar in the corner.

back emblem is underwhelming as well, the silver and black old emblem would’ve been nice.

I have my complaints, it looks nice, but there are some needed tweaks. Still say it needs a NACA/NASA hood.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But for sure with A10 and Tremac as well as Handling Package this car will be way more expensive than a Bullitt Probably like +5000$ more expensive.
doubt it. Since leather is an option, a 'stripper' Mach1 is probably going to be bang on current PP2 with perhaps 1-2K bump. Appearance package will likely be priced within 150% of as the current California package. Handling package probably a 2.5k option. I expect it'll hit the same 50-54k range as the Bullitt.

And still no PDR... Geez Ford, pick up the phone!

Interesting they'll putting 255/40 tires up front on the 9.5 rims instead of going 275 at all 4 corners.

A small bump in front and rear sways...

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Meh, Still will be slower than 1/LE which will be embarassing - for probably $20k more (if dealers don't want ADM). It does look nice visually though and Tremec is a plus - wonder how involved swap would be.

Anyone knows (or has a pic) how GT500 toe link looks like ?

Sponsored

5.4dreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 gt500
Disappointed they still have shitty rear brake calipers.

Love the rematch feature.

Overall I like it. The looks and styling are awesome to me. At that price point you can get a new gt350 from what I've seen on some of the leftover 19 models.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
@Ace have you heard or had any indications regarding the availability in Europe?
Press release says global availability. It only discusses North America timing, but does say global availability.

From the press release..... “This is one of those special Mustangs that truly brings a smile to the faces of our owners, enthusiasts and fans – including me – so there’s never been a better time to bring back Mach 1 and have it go global too.”

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Good solid effort here by Ford. I like the cooling and that they spent the money for the Tremec with cooling, added engine cooling as well as diff cooling. I like the wheels. They are different but still look quite good to me. I think if you buy one of these and run it on the road course you will like it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets good reviews as well.

The engine power, meh. I had hoped they were going to increase engine power somehow. They are waaaaaaay too locked into that 5.0 displacement, which is dumb in my opinion. It is played out. Just increase displacement already so you can give us more power with great reliability.

The hood is way too subtle. The stripe does complement the car, but I don't especially like it. And the hood doesn't even look unique to me. I wanted to see a cool hood on this car.

I agree with others about the appearance of the grill. Not that good.

I would have liked to see a PDR added by now. I realize if it isn't on the GT500, the Mach won't get it. However, it's time.

I like that the large screen seems to come standard. Ford usually cheaps out on interiors too much. Hopefully this doesn't mean the car will be excessively expensive.

Limited: either plan to wait or to work really hard to get a deal on this car for the next couple years.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
@Ace have you heard or had any indications regarding the availability in Europe?
I quote....

"“Bold styling, great acceleration and speed – Mach 1 says it all,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s chief operating officer. “This is one of those special Mustangs that truly brings a smile to the faces of our owners, enthusiasts and fans – including me – so there’s never been a better time to bring back Mach 1 and have it go global too.”
Sponsored