corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have a GT/CS with everything other than magneride. I love my car, worked hard for it, and want all the bells and whistles. If this prices a base car out of your range, sorry, but then you will need to buy something else.
Ummm, no.

The whole point of providing options is to offer choices to those who want them badly enough to pay the going rate for them. Not to establish an an additional barrier to ownership for those who don't.

Norm
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The standard seats will move forwards when you use the back lever, then they'll come back to the original position. The Recaros don't, they just tilt.
What I said was incorrect. Standard seats just tilt, like the Recaros. I don't know why I seemed to remember that they also moved a bit forwards. They don't.

Word has reached me that there's a Mustang in our local showroom, so this morning I drove there to see it. And among other things I tried tilting the seat.
But the seats aside, oh my God, that antenna is really, really hideous in the flesh. It's even uglier than it looks in pictures. There's also a very cheap look to it, it doesn't even sit perfectly flush with the roof, and there's an obvious clash between the metallic look of the paint on the roof and the cheap plasticky look of the paint on the antenna. It's unbelievably ugly.
Well, here's something to wish for the next generation: to get rid of this monstrosity.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You know what, after seeing it in the fresh on my black accent / black roof car I don’t think it looks half as bad as I was expecting after viewing the photos.

Would I rather have the old one ? Yes.

Can I live with the new one ? Yes.

Do I have a choice ? No ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I might check into that :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What I said was incorrect. Standard seats just tilt, like the Recaros. I don't know why I seemed to remember that they also moved a bit forwards. They don't.

Word has reached me that there's a Mustang in our local showroom, so this morning I drove there to see it. And among other things I tried tilting the seat.
But the seats aside, oh my God, that antenna is really, really hideous in the flesh. It's even uglier than it looks in pictures. There's also a very cheap look to it, it doesn't even sit perfectly flush with the roof, and there's an obvious clash between the metallic look of the paint on the roof and the cheap plasticky look of the paint on the antenna. It's unbelievably ugly.
Well, here's something to wish for the next generation: to get rid of this monstrosity.
Okay, we get it. You hate Batman, shark week and '59 Eldorados.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Touché! :crackup:
I lost interest in Batman after the three thousand four hundred and fifty-third remake. But I love the '59 Eldorado. :inlove:

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
how about some g*d-damn quality CONTROL?

Front-wheel drive on 6MT shouldn't be a hard problem just as long as you have accurate wheel sensors at the rear. dual-drive motorcycles are a thing - just drive the front wheels slightly faster than the rears - I think it was about 2%. Porsche/Audi have rear-steering, Tesla has independent AWD. Instead of using brakes for 'chassis stability control' and inside/outside you can use motors to pull the nose around a corner. Should probably let GM come up with it first, they are better at this sort of thing than Ford.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
1 - a faster steering rack would be nice. It doesn’t instil confidence when you have to swing the wheel so far to change the course of direction. Maybe I have been spoiled by our locally developed Australian Ford Falcons from the immediate past.

2 - less interior squeaks and rattles. My FN model has even more than my FM had...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If I was actively car shopping today, this is what I'd like to see as far as major options are concerned.

Leather seating as a stand-alone option not requiring Premium trim, and heated only.

PP2 or equivalent as a stand-alone option not requiring the 301A as a mandatory companion.

With this in mind from the other thread . . .
Grintch said:
There is got to have, nice to have, don't care, don't want, deal breaker.
there really isn't anything for me that immediately jumps out as ranking above "don't care" in either the Premium trim (other than the seating) or the 301A package.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
HUD, really just a toy. You really cannot look 1 - 2 degrees lower to see the dash right in front of you? You have a far wider field of vision that that.
I actually like the concept behind HUD, from installing and using A-pillar mounted gauges at various times.

What I really don't like about OEM HUDs is where the mfrs insist on putting the displays. Too close to central vision. There's no need for whatever information you choose to display being forced on you all the time. Let your driving be an escape from having information pushed at you and drop back to looking for it only when you want to.

I would like to see them get rid of the excess and stop trying to be a BMW or other expensive car. Comfort is one thing but overloading on stupid tech is another.
This ^^^

Ford should note that the BMWs of today don't wear the "ultimate driving machine" mantle as well as they once did. Being competent but trying too hard for an overall "ownership experience" isn't the same thing.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You should check what people have before posting. No it doesn't price me out. I have a '19 GT PP2 with every option available (including Magnaride and the B&O sound system) except the Recaro seats. As a daily, I went for comfort over race.
Sorry, my bad, I read that part wrong.

My point was not about affordability but the fact that it will raise the base price making it harder for more to afford with more options and toys they offer. Also, more toys means more useless wiring for those who do not want it since, often, they make fewer variations in the harnesses and such. The point is that it will raise the price and the weight only so the very few can have some useless stuff they rarely use.
Having worked for manufacturers in the past I can tell you that the base price is not really effected by options. The cost of the options include the necessary changes to wiring, etc. These costs are not factored into the cars base price. And even if they did, the reality is that many of these options, especially ones related to safety eventually become standard equipment. There is rarely a price increase when that happens so it tends to all even out.

How often do you use all those things you purchased?
Every feature everyday? No of course not. But I do use all of them. Some every day, some every now and then.

If you look at the mirror to see the yellow dot, WHY NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR for a car? Learn to position your mirrors correctly. They are not for looking for door bangs and the side of your car.
I've been driving for 50+ years. I know how to adjust my mirrors. But there is always that instance when you let your guard down or forget to look. I appreciate the BLIS system there to have my back.

Ummm, no. The whole point of providing options is to offer choices to those who want them badly enough to pay the going rate for them. Not to establish an an additional barrier to ownership for those who don't.
Norm, I agree with you. But Fly2High is saying that because of our hi-tech options it is raising the cost of even an option less bae car. This is where I disagree. The average cost of a car is now $37,000. A base Ecoboost is $26,670 and a base GT is $35,880. These are still very affordable cars. I doubt the wiring for my options has made any difference in these numbers.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I guess to summarize my thoughts on the potential of the next-gen Mustang...

What I Want/Need on a GT (that's already available as an option this gen): Active Exhaust, Safe&Smart, Spare Tire, MagneRide (not Performance Pack Exclusive)

What I Want/Need (that's new): 360 Degree Camera

What Would Be Really Nice To Have: AWD, Hybrid V6 or V8 Powertrain, Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto

...and I'm pretty sure everything else I mentioned earlier was aesthetic in nature, so I'll leave it at that. :)

Last edited: