Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
A crowd finder option would be nice - and useful too.
Isn't that just the button for traction control? I imagine turning that off subconsciously turns on the "large group gathering detector". :turkey:

I thought about the idea of being able to configure a car to one's liking before ordering it. Someone else mentioned having warranty-keeping mods directly available through Ford after purchasing a car. While I can't say anything about mods seeing as I have zero experience with it, I have played around with online car configurators/builders for a while. And I think even more than Mercedes Benz or BMW, Porsche does the "ala carte" approach the best. Realistically though, I think having the amount of customization a Porsche does when it comes to exterior/interior/tech preferences might be too much for a Mustang. Several have pointed out practical and financial reasons that sound reasonably in opposition to my thought process. So maybe not so much quantity of available options, but perhaps a reference guide to, say, the entire history of Mustang colors with real-life paint/material samples (in reference to exterior/interior/trim)?

Ultimately, I think that level of customization is probably best left to my dreams and imagination, as I'll probably never actually be able to afford something that personal in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What do I want in the next gen Mustang?

a quality build that doesn't break or fall apart.

A manual with only one overdrive gear.

A proper software -
- dash color selection that matches interior. No Blue only colors. Hate the latest update color scheme.
- Ability to only show what I choose and use.
- No warning screens about data being sent. It should NEVER send data period unless I tell it to send data now.
- Ability to pick what screens to show in driver's dash panel. I hate to need to select gauges or travel stuff. Let me pick which to show and let me pick the order.

Less weight.

Lower seating height.

Seat that allows passenger access to the back even if it is only for storage. The fixed seats are ridiculous. Make them either tilt or slide forward.

Usable back seat for short trips when a 6' 1" driver is driving.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just a question. How many of you have all the options that are offered in the Mustang now?

My fear is that they make all you want with all the toys and bells and useless whistles available and all it does is raise the bottom line. Do not be fooled. Having options WILL raise the base price for all of us, even if you do not buy the option. It will also add weight with useless wire and extra mounting points for all those computers and hardware that you did not buy.

HUD, really just a toy. You really cannot look 1 - 2 degrees lower to see the dash right in front of you? You have a far wider field of vision that that.

I would like to see them get rid of the excess and stop trying to be a BMW or other expensive car. Comfort is one thing but overloading on stupid tech is another.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The predator engine in a base 300A GT, with a 15-17 MT82 course.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What is the average age of a Mustang driver? I think it is something like 53 and that was listed a few years ago.

So if that age goes up because those are the enthusiasts that buy the car I could see them adding the following to support them:

- Place to store your cane in the door

- Seats that raise up to aid in entry/exit.

- Pre installed 60's music or your favorite grandpa tracks. Radio will have 8 track emulation mode

- Outdoor noise amplification - helps the hearing impaired.

- Sleep monitoring to prevent DWD - dozing while driving

- Auto slow down whenever in the left lane but can be added to activate in any lane.

- Ability to turn off your turn signals - most don't use them except when they need to pass inspection.

- Larger, wider seats - we are getting older

- G force countermeasures - the elderly cannot handle large G forces so the car will be able to reduce the feel of extreme G force when taking turns rather fast

- Cupholder insert for your false teeth

- Seats with Depends pockets for when you just couldn't hold it.

- Grandma voice for navigation and all car spoken messages.

- Annoyed Grandma voice when you exceed your desired speed limit.

- Prescription optimized windshield and side glass. No need to wear your eyeglasses and fear not looking cool while you drive your sporty car.

- Trunk space for wheel chair or runabout.

- Auto tow truck call when any dash light comes on. You are too weak to work on a car, back hurts or cannot be bothered. No need for spare tires, pumps, etc.

- buoyant ride option so you can enjoy your Cadillac feel once again

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What is the average age of a Mustang driver? I think it is something like 53 and that was listed a few years ago.

So if that age goes up because those are the enthusiasts that buy the car I could see them adding the following to support them:

- Place to store your cane in the door

- Seats that raise up to aid in entry/exit.

- Pre installed 60's music or your favorite grandpa tracks. Radio will have 8 track emulation mode

- Outdoor noise amplification - helps the hearing impaired.

- Sleep monitoring to prevent DWD - dozing while driving

- Auto slow down whenever in the left lane but can be added to activate in any lane.

- Ability to turn off your turn signals - most don't use them except when they need to pass inspection.

- Larger, wider seats - we are getting older

- G force countermeasures - the elderly cannot handle large G forces so the car will be able to reduce the feel of extreme G force when taking turns rather fast

- Cupholder insert for your false teeth

- Seats with Depends pockets for when you just couldn't hold it.

- Grandma voice for navigation and all car spoken messages.

- Annoyed Grandma voice when you exceed your desired speed limit.

- Prescription optimized windshield and side glass. No need to wear your eyeglasses and fear not looking cool while you drive your sporty car.

- Trunk space for wheel chair or runabout.

- Auto tow truck call when any dash light comes on. You are too weak to work on a car, back hurts or cannot be bothered. No need for spare tires, pumps, etc.

- buoyant ride option so you can enjoy your Cadillac feel once again
200.gif

:like: :crackup::cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just a question. How many of you have all the options that are offered in the Mustang now?

My fear is that they make all you want with all the toys and bells and useless whistles available and all it does is raise the bottom line. Do not be fooled. Having options WILL raise the base price for all of us, even if you do not buy the option. It will also add weight with useless wire and extra mounting points for all those computers and hardware that you did not buy.

HUD, really just a toy. You really cannot look 1 - 2 degrees lower to see the dash right in front of you? You have a far wider field of vision that that.

I would like to see them get rid of the excess and stop trying to be a BMW or other expensive car. Comfort is one thing but overloading on stupid tech is another.
I have a GT/CS with everything other than magneride. I love my car, worked hard for it, and want all the bells and whistles. If this prices a base car out of your range, sorry, but then you will need to buy something else.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a GT/CS with everything other than magneride. I love my car, worked hard for it, and want all the bells and whistles. If this prices a base car out of your range, sorry, but then you will need to buy something else.
You should check what people have before posting.
No it doesn't price me out. I have a '19 GT PP2 with every option available (including Magnaride and the B&O sound system) except the Recaro seats. As a daily, I went for comfort over race.

My point was not about affordability but the fact that it will raise the base price making it harder for more to afford with more options and toys they offer. Also, more toys means more useless wiring for those who do not want it since, often, they make fewer variations in the harnesses and such. The point is that it will raise the price and the weight only so the very few can have some useless stuff they rarely use.

How often do you use all those things you purchased?

I turned off the lane assist and all the extra nonsense. I really hate the blind spot warning lights since they going off all the time and I am not looking to change lanes. Now, it they tied a head position monitor into it so that they do not go off unless you are looking.. then they really would be useless. If you look at the mirror to see the yellow dot, WHY NOT LOOK IN THE MIRROR for a car? Learn to position your mirrors correctly. They are not for looking for door bangs and the side of your car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Better and thicker application of paint, period.

Complete removal of the roof top antenna. Figure a way to relocate it so it’s not messing up the body lines. The fastbacks, the antenna can be relocated to the interior on the rear parcel shelf - it will still maintain excellent signal through the rear glass.

Design the locking system to auto lock the damn doors when exiting and walking away from the vehicle - it isn’t that difficult to do...

Create a rear pan that blocks off the “parachute” and stops the rear bumper cover from collecting 30lbs of road debris within it. If you haven’t checked yours, go shake it and see what falls out...

Get rid of the door mirrors already. Mount a small corner monitor on the inside of each door or on A-pillar that is fed by external cams facing the exterior rear or sides of the vehicle.

Bring the 360* cams to the S550 or S650 like the Explorer and F150’s are optioned with now.

Improve the Stereo system with better components (Amps, speakers and larger sub). Integrate a real EQ into the system so the user can actually control and tune their system to their ears.

The exterior Pony that is projected to the floor, make it animated so it’s running.

More wheel options - people will pay to have the choice of upgrading to more available wheel designs...

More exterior colors - people like choices and they’re willing to pay if it costs more.

Forward night vision that is capable of illuminating road hazards to the driver while driving on non-illuminated roads at night. Cadillac just came back with this in one of their models. It’s an excellent safety feature, especially for those of us who travel rural roads where there is greater danger of deer, moose, steer or other large animals that would cause massive impact damages if hit. High beams and fog lights do not always give such visibility to those dangers.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The only camera related additions I would like to see is build in driving cameras with control via the center console. They already have cameras in the car, why not just offer a SD card recording. No need to wire in a dash camera.

It would be cool to be able to pull up both front and rear cameras and be able to replay recent footage on the dash. they need to make them 360 deg and impact, etc. aware but that is just sensors stuff. not really that hard to do

They also need a battery in the car to support times when the car is not running so as to not drain the car's battery.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
1) I would like true horizontal entry into the trunk. No high lip to go over. I would like a straight shot through the pass through when the seats are down ( and they should lay completely down.).

This way, if I want to hang something out the back, I can and just put a red flag on it.

2) Spare tire well that fits a full size tire.

3) more than 16 gallons of gasoline.

4) placement of the tire pump in a separate compartment. Leave the tire well free for storage. Maybe make a storage compartment that fits the well so at least it can be used when you still offer the car without a spare. place the pump so that when the trunk has stuff in it, it can still be retrieved. side panel in the trunk or under a seat would be best.

5) Always include a jack and lug wrench. Even if you are patching a tire, you sometimes need to get it off to do so.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
How about a wide body option like dodge offers? I'm sure there is a way to do it that would be appealing, make it a true track package, better suspension, tires, wheels, maybe even a bump in power. Also considering that it's gonna likely be bigger. How about rear steer?