You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It's cheaper bc what you got is pre mixed. Ford only has 1 gallon concentrate. I was hoping they would offer it in quart size too but they don't. So I just got a gallon of Motorcraft and a gallon of distilled water. Now have plenty left over for MANY repairs that require coolant haha.

Actually Ford does sell pre mix as I bought many of them for my supercharger install. Here is a picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449687252.522494.jpg
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The radiator and fans in these cars are capable of keeping the engine cooler, the stock thermostat and what temperature the fans operate at (which is controlled in the tune) are what dictates what the engines operating temperature is.

With a lower degree thermostat and a tune that turns the fans on sooner to account for the thermostat the engine will operate at a lower temperature. A cooler running engine will produce more power and help keep detonation at bay and will also help with cool downs and repeatability at the track or on a road course.
Ok...that makes some sense as far as the fans turning on sooner but I'm just trying to fathom how a thermostat aids in cooling a motor once it's already open and flowing as much as it can.

Follow my thought process here but if you tstat is set for 170 (arbitrary number), then the coolant temp reaches that point it is suppose to be fully open and flowing as much as the pressure and diameter of the piping will allow. As long as the coolant temp remains above 170 the tstat will stay open. If the coolant temp drops below 170 then it starts to close, however unless you shut your motor off that temp will never drop below the cooling capability of the heat exchanger system.

Livernois, can you expound on how the lower temp opening is beneficial to cooler temps in the motor? I can see how having the fans on helps as it's drawing air across the heat exchanger...but if the motor is at operating temp...I'm lost about the tstat. I understand having a higher pressure radiator cap as temperature and pressure is inversely proportional....

By the way, thank you for those who are willing to help explain it without being a dick about my questions.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Actually Ford does sell pre mix as I bought many of them for my supercharger install. Here is a picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449687252.522494.jpg
I asked my local dealership and he said they only have concentrate. Probably meant that's all THEY have in stock. But even if he said they could order it I would have just got what they had in stock anyway lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I asked my local dealership and he said they only have concentrate. Probably meant that's all THEY carry. But even if he said they could order it I would have just got what they had in stock anyway lol. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem. I am an online kinda guy and buy all my Motorcraft fluids off Amazon, even full synthetic oil and filter :)

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

This is what I saw everyday driving to work at 65-70 mph for over 6 months with an Even Flo. I paid for another EvenFlo and it consistently ran at 202 coolant 215 cylinder head temp.
Now that I installed the 170 coolant is 185 and cylinder head temps at 196-198.
So maybe I got a few bad ones I know that can happen with any product.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So maybe I got 1 really bad 160 and another not so bad but I Paid for 2 this summer and there sitting in a box in the garage. Now I have a 170 and its running 185 coolant 198 cylinder head. So I paid for 3 tstats since June. An actually the first one I took out was one that was just replaced by my installer with one that was sent to them since my temps were so high.

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
When i put mine in ill be using evans waterless coolant.

I can't find anywhere that has that stuff local. And don't you have to flush the system to get all water and coolant out with a different product they sell before you can put the waterless coolant in? Think I saw it on horsepower TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I can't find anywhere that has that stuff local. And don't you have to flush the system to get all water and coolant out with a different product they sell before you can put the waterless coolant in? Think I saw it on horsepower TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wont find it local. Its also about a 300 dollar investment with the actual coolant, the prep fluid and kit. But its good for the life of the car. Providing you keep moisture out of the system. You can drain and reuse after water pump installs. ive run it in multiple cars, its great stuff. I usually buy it on amazon. Rarely does someone have a better deal.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Reading does not equate to understanding what you have read, or the actual application of what you have read. Nor does you using profanity transcend all of our testing. The correct running temperature for most engines is between 180°-200°. Our EvenFlo tstat begins to open at 160° and is fully open at about 175°. These parts also feature a triple-bridge design that increases strength, stability and reliability. High-flow thermostats also have a bypass valve that allows a small amount of coolant to circulate before fully opening. Your stock tstat will reach temps of 235-245°, so I do not see how you think that there are not "big reductions" in head, block and coolant temps. Let's call it 240° for argument's sake, is 195° not less?

The only way to accurately test is to on the same day, same engine hit the dyno. Not a chassis dyno, but an engine dyno. Has anyone other than the OEMs, thermostat manufacturers and us done this?

We have spoken to the OEMs, we work directly with the OEMs and a 160° is better than a tstat that is ~8° off of stock...period, end of conversation.

Your stock 178° tstat is not in there for optimum power. There are other reasons why it is there.

As for our other products, we invite you to test ANY of our products. Our tuning, aftermarket parts, cylinder heads, engines whatever you wish. We will outshine anything that you stack it up against. As we have said thousands of times before, if we offered "snake oil" or "placebo" parts and support we would not be a top tier performance vendor for the OEMs. We have even had the heads of the international OEM branches here in our facility. We have over 65 years of experience in THIS industry. How many companies that you claim are better can say that? None. What you are blind to is that we develop parts, assist with tuning, build motors for and fix erroneous projects for all...let me reiterate that...all of the major vendors in the performance aftermarket. From building engines for the "fastest" vendor on the planet all the way to development and testing for the international conglomerate that built your car.

We never set out to set the world on fire, but so many times our reliable, proven tunes and parts just so happen to set records. Of course we aren't going to complain when this happens, and we'd be fools not to promote it.

We have a very specific focus, and that is always power without sacrificing reliability. Could we make parts or develop a tune that makes more power while having tradeoffs? Absolutely. But that is very shortsighted. There aren't many companies that can say their name has been in the industry for 2 years, let alone more than 65 years, and because of that, we become a big target.

It's something we are used to, and we know comes with being on the top. Everyone feels the need to compare themselves to the best. We always appreciate the business other vendors supply us with indirectly. Our installation and engine departments have never been busier. And it allows us to have an amazing amount of insight into the true happenings in the industry, because we do more than just tuning.

I think these is the often overlooked benefit with us, that we do more than just tuning. We understand from developing, installing, and testing parts in house how they can impact a vehicle. Something you just don't get a full appreciation for sitting behind a computer.

That being said, everyone has to make the decision that makes sense to them. We offer a solution that we know, and have confidence in the results from the word go. But, because this challenges the establishment, people are reluctant to think it works, even if the results prove time and time again that they do.

At the end of the day, only one thing matters to us, that our customer's are happy with the products and service we provide. When someone isn't satisfied, we want to do what we can, whether we are the issue, or not.
Let's point out that you came across condescending which is understandable when you're trying to defend your product but not excusable.

On several forums and several threads your inferior product has been reviewed and empirical data posted. People say higher reductions in temp with a 170* thermostat than your 160*. There have been individuals who swapped out your product for the 170* unit and are happy. Oddly enough it isn't the other way around.

Your original condescending tone and continued will ensure I don't use your product and I'll be sure to do a nice review on my 170* thermostat's performance when I get it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Let's point out that you came across condescending which is understandable when you're trying to defend your product but not excusable.

On several forums and several threads your inferior product has been reviewed and empirical data posted. People say higher reductions in temp with a 170* thermostat than your 160*. There have been individuals who swapped out your product for the 170* unit and are happy. Oddly enough it isn't the other way around.

Your original condescending tone and continued will ensure I don't use your product and I'll be sure to do a nice review on my 170* thermostat's performance when I get it.
Completely agree! You will see results form the Reische thermostat. There has been more than enough results to show that the evenflo 160 doesn't lower temps as much as the Reische 170.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have 1000 wheel, and i rarely see over 200 cht on the street

the car cools down much quicker at the track as well

thats with the evenflo 160

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

refer to post 231 and 232

Plus, I have never seen over 187 cht on the street with the Reische 170. That's with a blower setting on top of my engine in Tampa FL weather.

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

With the evenflo 160 I saw 205-217 with half your Hp and 30 degree weather.
170 I am 185-190 max.

So, tell me whats the big difference? Coolant ratios? Bad TStats?

Last edited:

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
evenflo avg temp around 210, much of the time around 215-220 CHT....

the whole car is bone stock except for the stat and fans, which turn on much earlier.
Sponsored