Sponsored

thermostat

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
But I don't run at a dragstrip or autocross...
then why are you posting in this thread? you're fine with stock thermostat if you're not tuned and running the car hard.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
then why are you posting in this thread? you're fine with stock thermostat if you're not tuned and running the car hard.
Oh, my bad...I didn't see that the title of this thread was "Drag Racing and Autocross performance mods" That's what I get for asking questions to learn about why people do certain mods and how they affect performance. Thanks. Feel free to assume I'm not going to tune my car at some point...

BTW, if you're going to just trash me for trying to learn something the least you could do is respond to my query about how a thermostat makes an engine run cooler when it's purpose is to be fully open to flow at a certain temperature while in no-way changing the size or efficiency of the radiator whose sole job is a heat exchanger.

But by all means, continue being a dick, that is sure to earn you respect....
:frusty:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
There just hasn't been any evidence that the EvenFlo 160 out performs the Riesche 170. Look a few post up. GXSR1300 was was a EvenFlo and has now switched to Riesche 170. He isn't the only one either. Maybe it is time to just start selling the Riesche and call it a day.
We used to sell them, and developed a better part. Like we said, if you would like to actually test the product test it correctly, please do so. You guys are relying upon other customers for technical expertise, you are aware of that correct? That would be like breaking your arm and turning to the guy sitting next to you at the Dr's office for a medical solution.

Any one is more than welcome to test any of our products in any situation. We will also gladly have an informed conversation with any and everyone. This debate is nonsensical and baseless. We are debating a $30 part that is not even tested correctly...:frusty: Nobody is trying to get rich or build a thermostat empire here $30 at a time.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Oh, my bad...I didn't see that the title of this thread was "Drag Racing and Autocross performance mods" That's what I get for asking questions to learn about why people do certain mods and how they affect performance. Thanks. Feel free to assume I'm not going to tune my car at some point...

BTW, if you're going to just trash me for trying to learn something the least you could do is respond to my query about how a thermostat makes an engine run cooler when it's purpose is to be fully open to flow at a certain temperature while in no-way changing the size or efficiency of the radiator whose sole job is a heat exchanger.

But by all means, continue being a dick, that is sure to earn you respect....
:frusty:
That is the misinformation that is rampant in this thread. Cool coolant is what helps a hot motor make more power. A cooler tstat helps the radiator allow for more efficient cooling. Try to ignore the nonsensical banter. If you have questions about the technical data feel free to call, email or PM us. We will be more than happy to help you out!

Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
But I don't run at a dragstrip or autocross....doesn't the temp range of thermostat indicates when it's open, not it's ability to cool the motor? You need a better radiator to lower coolant temps.
The radiator and fans in these cars are capable of keeping the engine cooler, the stock thermostat and what temperature the fans operate at (which is controlled in the tune) are what dictates what the engines operating temperature is.

With a lower degree thermostat and a tune that turns the fans on sooner to account for the thermostat the engine will operate at a lower temperature. A cooler running engine will produce more power and help keep detonation at bay and will also help with cool downs and repeatability at the track or on a road course.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
That is the misinformation that is rampant in this thread. Cool coolant is what helps a hot motor make more power. A cooler tstat helps the radiator allow for more efficient cooling. Try to ignore the nonsensical banter. If you have questions about the technical data feel free to call, email or PM us. We will be more than happy to help you out!
I don't remember if it was this thread or not, but it was one of the many thermostat threads. I and a few others were wondering what led to the determination that a lowered thermostat with updated fan timing was better for this motor, from a tuning perspective? I have read that there is no coolant temp sensor and coolant temp is inferred by the PCM using other readings. We see CHT, but also read CHT is used no where in the tune. So what is seen or changes to the point that coolant temps are effecting performance? At what temps does the engine start to lose power? Whether it be air or water or both and what reading is used to come to that determination?

I am not embarrassed to admit I got the lowered thermostat purely based off recommendation due to the tune I purchased, already had fan timing adjusted for it. And since you're willing to educate, I though I would take the opportunity to ask. Thanks in advance for your time and patience with us. I am in no way looking to continue a debate about what thermostat does what better. I am trying to learn.

There will always be multiple products on the market and everyone will always have an opinion on what is better. I feel we are lucky enough to be part of a great community that there are no shitty rush to market and take people's money and run products around here.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Maybe Im mistaken, but I dont believe advance auto carries motorcraft coolant.
this is the motorcraft stuff. same exact thing just motorcraft rebrands it. i just picked up some last week from autozone and used it to top off. it's also like $10+ cheaper than the motorcraft rebrand.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
this is the motorcraft stuff. same exact thing just motorcraft rebrands it. i just picked up some last week from autozone and used it to top off. it's also like $10+ cheaper than the motorcraft rebrand.

pic no worky

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)

It's cheaper bc what you got is pre mixed. Ford only has 1 gallon concentrate. I was hoping they would offer it in quart size too but they don't. So I just got a gallon of Motorcraft and a gallon of distilled water. Now have plenty left over for MANY repairs that require coolant haha.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
It's cheaper bc what you got is pre mixed. Ford only has 1 gallon concentrate. I was hoping they would offer it in quart size too but they don't. So I just got a gallon of Motorcraft and a gallon of distilled water. Now have plenty left over for MANY repairs that require coolant haha.
So prestone is more or less concentrated. In my precious Mach I simply added distilled water to bring it up to normal IF it was ever a bit low.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
So prestone is more or less concentrated. In my precious Mach I simply added distilled water to bring it up to normal IF it was ever a bit low.
The pic he has of what he purchased is pre mixed 50/50. I wasn't too sure if it was exactly the same stuff Ford uses or not. It didn't research it. I just went to Ford since it was just as close as an auto parts store. But I'm sure Khyber did his research.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
ford sells both the same stuff premixed and not premixed. premix just saves you the hassle of mixing it 50/50. either way same thing and prestone is who makes it all anyways :D premix is also more expensive but not by much.

pic no worky
it definitely works.
Sponsored