Sponsored

There is a button above the license plate to open the trunk???

Locksmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Didn't find anything in the owners manual about it but, if the trunk release fails, there's a lock hidden behind the rear seats to open the trunk. At least that't on our 17 convertible. Pull to the side the left (right if you're facing it) upper portion of the rear seat. Is it the same for the coupe?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Didn't find anything in the owners manual about it but, if the trunk release fails, there's a lock hidden behind the rear seats to open the trunk. At least that't on our 17 convertible. Pull to the side the left (right if you're facing it) upper portion of the rear seat. Is it the same for the coupe?
It's in the owner's manual about the convertible trunk release. That only applies to the convertible, no such feature on the coupe. On the coupe, I guess if you really had to get into the trunk with a dead battery, you would fold down the rear seats and crawl back inside the trunk and pull the safety trunk release.

S550 Convertible Trunk Release.JPG
S550 Coupe Trunk Release.JPG

Locksmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pierre
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Dammit man! I swear I looked through that section. I gotta get my eyes checked.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Isn't the owners manual the thing some people read after the dealer charges you for an issue and then tells you it's all in the owners manual?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I've been in this forum too long..

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Dammit man! I swear I looked through that section. I gotta get my eyes checked.
Download the owner's manual in PDF from the Ford website, then you can do word searches and find stuff easier and faster.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's in the owner's manual about the convertible trunk release. That only applies to the convertible, no such feature on the coupe. On the coupe, I guess if you really had to get into the trunk with a dead battery, you would fold down the rear seats and crawl back inside the trunk and pull the safety trunk release.

S550 Convertible Trunk Release.JPG
S550 Coupe Trunk Release.JPG
Am I the only one who wants to get locked in the trunk to see if it actually glows?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Only reason I knew about it was because my wifes MKZ we've had for a while has it above the plate too.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Am I the only one who wants to get locked in the trunk to see if it actually glows?
I can confirm that it does, just had to climb in and close it to make sure all the features were working

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I've got some good "hidden" stuff

1. Probably obvious but if you grab handle without unlocking the car unlocks itself as long as key is in proximity, if you tap the top of the handle it locks.

2. Not so obvious, on the 2018 mustangs the start button pulses at the heart rate of a horse.

3. On the sync 3 radio press next key and eject key at the same time and hold it till car starts beeping, you have now entered a sort of engineering mode for the unit, press end test unless you want to test your speakers, then there's a bunch of diagnostics and all that if you care about that, but the cool thing is if you go to test settings you can change the theme of the radio, so you can get it to the Ford GT style or even Lincoln, you can also choose the Shelby or raptor ones and when you turn the car off it'll show the respective emblems on the screen.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Also I've got some good "hidden" stuff

3. On the sync 3 radio press next key and eject key at the same time and hold it till car starts beeping, you have now entered a sort of engineering mode for the unit, press end test unless you want to test your speakers, then there's a bunch of diagnostics and all that if you care about that, but the cool thing is if you go to test settings you can change the theme of the radio, so you can get it to the Ford GT style or even Lincoln, you can also choose the Shelby or raptor ones and when you turn the car off it'll show the respective emblems on the screen.
That’s interesting, because in the DIY Forscan thread, guys are changing As Built code to do just that (change screen images) and here you found out how to do it at the unit without Forscan...

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
That’s interesting, because in the DIY Forscan thread, guys are changing As Built code to do just that (change screen images) and here you found out how to do it at the unit without Forscan...
The Forscan method is permanent where the other one resets to factory every time you turn off the car.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah I’m somewhat of a genius. Kidding of course yeah like was said above this is just a cool one time trick you would have to do it every time you get in the car. The only thing I think you can enable permanently is the MY 18.5 views but that looked the same to me.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
What a weird place and why didn't any of you tell me this before??

I'm disappointed in all of you!! Lol : )
The level of narcissistic attention seeking behavior that people openly exhibit to the point of explicitly detailing their ignorance is truly baffling to me.
Sponsored