Sponsored

There are no words…

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Man… I don’t know if anyone else has seen this recent news footage… but, there just aren’t any words to describe the footage.

Be aware, the Police body cam video may be disturbing for some to watch.

On Oct. 15th a kid in Stillwater Oklahoma driving a Mustang with his passenger reached speeds of 150mph going the wrong way and hit another vehicle head on…. The wreckage of the Mustang does appear to be an S550, but no year or other info is given.

The crash debris field is MASSIVE. The passenger in the Mustang died, the passenger of the other vehicle died, the driver of the other vehicle is in the hospital. The driver of the Mustang is now facing 2 counts of second degree murder.

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/...ue-jail-state-highway-51-second-degree-murder

The body cam footage is all over the internet in various stages - but like I said, there just isn’t words to describe what is seen.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I saw that earlier this morning but I didn’t post it because I’m just getting tired of seeing this crap. I’m getting tired of these “kids” not being treated as adults. We’ll see what happens here.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah saw that too. Your title is appropriate. There are just no words. 18 years old, killed 2 people and has pretty much ruined his own life now.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
When people on here brag about street racing, THIS is why I tell them they're fucking morons. THIS is why it's stupid.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry. Not 150mph. 150mph head on, and there would be vaporization of everything and ZERO survivors.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
A young fellow in Florida who was gifted a mustang by his parents for a graduation present from high school was racing an Altima not so long ago. Hit a mother and her child in a stroller crossing in a cross walk and killed both of them. I do not remember his sentence, exactly, but he got many years in prison. In my opinion not enough. AND is just one of the reasons that idiots drag racing on public streets are absolute morons. If you do, which member of your family are you willing to have taken from you for eternity?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Man… I don’t know if anyone else has seen this recent news footage… but, there just aren’t any words to describe the footage.

Be aware, the Police body cam video may be disturbing for some to watch.

On Oct. 15th a kid in Stillwater Oklahoma driving a Mustang with his passenger reached speeds of 150mph going the wrong way and hit another vehicle head on…. The wreckage of the Mustang does appear to be an S550, but no year or other info is given.

The crash debris field is MASSIVE. The passenger in the Mustang died, the passenger of the other vehicle died, the driver of the other vehicle is in the hospital. The driver of the Mustang is now facing 2 counts of second degree murder.

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/...ue-jail-state-highway-51-second-degree-murder

The body cam footage is all over the internet in various stages - but like I said, there just isn’t words to describe what is seen.
Not to nitpick saw nothing to write home about, lots of shrapnel but that was it. Nothing graphic..nothing that could be called out as "disturbing for some to watch. "

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Not proud of it , but as a youngster I did some stupid stuff .Many have surely done the same. Most of us got lucky yet sit here and judge these youngsters that have destroyed their and others lives.
Parents and society are the ones really to blame. Were these kids ever really taught the right ways to behave ?
Speaking for myself ,even though my folks were good people, there was a lack in guidance which led me to be a naughty youngster.
I was lucky nothing ever happened that wasn’t fixable.
If we all taught our kids correctly, a lot less of these senseless deaths would be averted !
Just my 2c

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
A young fellow in Florida who was gifted a mustang by his parents for a graduation present from high school was racing an Altima not so long ago. Hit a mother and her child in a stroller crossing in a cross walk and killed both of them. I do not remember his sentence, exactly, but he got many years in prison. In my opinion not enough. AND is just one of the reasons that idiots drag racing on public streets are absolute morons. If you do, which member of your family are you willing to have taken from you for eternity?
The bolded part says it all. I'll never understand parents who give their kids sports cars at such a young age. My dad gave me a '70 Cutlass with a V8 when I was 17, and I routinely drove it like an immature, irresponsible moron with delusions of grandeur. I was extremely lucky. And that car had less power than today's Ecoboost Mustangs.

I don't blame the kid, who is, after all, a kid. I blame the parents.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Waaaay back when, 4 kids from our rival HS died in a Mustang crash. Someone took Daddy's car out for a joy-ride, and they all died on prom night.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Waaaay back when, 4 kids from our rival HS died in a Mustang crash. Someone took Daddy's car out for a joy-ride, and they all died on prom night.
Thankfully you can make more.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
The bolded part says it all. I'll never understand parents who give their kids sports cars at such a young age.
It wasn't so bad when I was in high school and there was such a thing as a 90hp Mustang. 😅
I think the 4-banger Mustang LX was upgraded to 105hp my sophomore year. I knew a guy that had one and was like "This is fun. I don't know why people think they need the V8."
We agreed no one our age should have the V8.

One of my cousins had an LX 2.3 notchback, and kept it for many years until (late in her college career) she wrecked it by taking a curve too fast. It was even a familiar curve where she should have known how fast she could go, but was overconfident. 😕

Since then, the Ecoboost has eclipsed the torque of the LX 5.0, and the lamest 1.5L econobox has enough power for a dumb driver to get in trouble.

It doesn't help that our licensing requirements are so minimal, and let most people brain-dump everything their driving instructor tried to teach them about speed limits and safe following distance.

More teenagers need to go to extra driving schools after they get their license.
My sister has already decided when her kids are old enough (6 years from now, for the older one) they're going to something like the "Street Survival" school.
Sponsored

Last edited: