Sponsored

The last GT350R

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
It's got to be his. I think @PP0001 mentioned that the calipers were going to be guardsman blue as well? I'm curious to see the panel gaps on this one. I doubt he will have any.
Blue stitching for the reacros as well. It would be really cool if they made the small ring on the shifter blue as well

I think it will still have panel gaps in addition to orange peel. But I will be curious too. I didn't know what panel gaps and orange peel were before I came to this site and now I can't unsee it whenever I look at car. Whenever I see a GT350R I look at the splitter to see if its mounted correctly lol
Sponsored

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Blue stitching for the reacros as well. It would be really cool if they made the small ring on the shifter blue as well

I think it will still have panel gaps in addition to orange peel. But I will be curious too. I didn't know what panel gaps and orange peel were before I came to this site and now I can't unsee it whenever I look at car. Whenever I see a GT350R I look at the splitter to see if its mounted correctly lol
In my opinion, the HEP cars should have had the blue calipers and stitching in general. Regarding the panel gaps, someone on here mentioned before when Ford has a big show or reveal, sometimes they'll repaint if needed and fix any gaps in the panels. They're obviously well aware of them, but they have an acceptable level of tolerance when it comes to panel gaps...which is annoying. If I had to bet, this R will have more attention to detail than normal.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
In my opinion, the HEP cars should have had the blue calipers and stitching in general. Regarding the panel gaps, someone on here mentioned before when Ford has a big show or reveal, they'll repaint if needed and fix any gaps in the panels. They're obviously well aware of them, but they have an acceptable level of tolerance when it comes to panel gaps...which is annoying. If I had to bet, this R will have more attention to detail than normal.
Yeah they definitely should have. Oh I didn't know that. I thought they just put the car on the same assembly line like the rest of them.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Yeah they definitely should have. Oh I didn't know that. I thought they just put the car on the same assembly line like the rest of them.
It's definitely being built on the same line with the same workers, I'm just saying they all know its his car so I'm sure it will have a higher standard than the others.

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I'm just saying they all know its his car so I'm sure it will have a higher standard than the others.
that’s screwed up that he gets a nice fitting rear bumper and correct panel gaps, and the customers don’t.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Anyone taking a guess on the chassis number?
I will take a wild guess at chassis number "LR280" and without a doubt this very last HEP R will be going to Bill Ford.

Expect this last HEP R to have not only Guardsman Blue OTT painted stripes and the same Guardsman Blue painted lower side stripes but also painted Blue brake calipers, Blue seat stitching and Blue seat inserts at least that was the plan from well over a year ago.

In addition there is no question that this very last HEP R will head to the FRAP "Quality Control Room" which is typically limited to vehicles assembled for the Ford Family, Ford Exec cars and Ford Show static display show cars and will be critiqued extensively.

I was very humbled and appreciative to Ford of Canada and also to FP in Dearborn when "JR157" was also sent to the QCR at the FRAP just prior to the Base R's being discontinued in April 2018.

You can bet that Mr. Ford's car will be pretty much perfect in all aspects including fit and finish and will sit right beside the very first 2nd generation R model namely "F0001" which was a 2015 GT350 R model painted in Oxford White with Black OTT stripes and was a Base R model and was built back in early July 2015 along with 36 other 2015 R models.

A 6 year model run from 1965 thru 1970 and now another 6 year model run from 2015 thru 2020 and no doubt that was just not a coincidence.

What a cool couple of R models that will be sitting close together and very unique in their own way!!

:clap::clap:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
its good to see you back Harry.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
As an interesting addendum to this thread, I finally finished pulling all the Window Stickers for the HEP-R cars and I noticed something very interesting about the last 5 and in particular, the last 1.

The last 5 HEP-Rs have "Special Order" at the bottom.

The very last HEP-R has a package no other HEP-R has. The "Final Heritage Package". See

It shows painted OTT stripes and even painted side stripes. I think we can definitively say this is the last car.
Ben, thanks so much for attaching the WS for "L5552710" ! :like: :like:

After taking a close look at the Window Sticker for the "Final Heritage Package" GT350R a few thoughts immediately came to mind.

* For those who purchased a Heritage Package car such as myself our price for that option was $1,965 when in fact Bill Ford paid $10,000 for this same package but obviously a very good reason for that revised pricing and that was the painted stripe option which mirrors that of the CFTP GT500 cars.

* I would suggest that the above price difference for Mr. Ford's HEP optioned GT350R was predicated on having painted OTT and painted Lower Side Stripes and that his car will be sent over to Team Penske close by and will have the stripes painted along side all of the other 2 seat Shelby's namely the CFTP GT500 cars therefore in some great company.

* Based on a conversation that took place just less than a year ago and with the individual from FP that was responsible for the idea and the launch of the Heritage Edition Package it was my understanding that Bill Ford's last HEP R would also include such unique items such as Guardsman Blue painted brake calipers along with Blue seat stitching and Blue seat inserts but do not see that listed on the WS but may have missed those items. It will be interesting to see the final look of this car and suggest that this car will indeed come with Blue brake calipers and Blue stitching and Blue seat inserts.

* I found it very interesting that Mr. Ford spec'd out the very first GT350 R back in 2015 namely "F0001" as a bare bones and 15 item delete R model whereas with his very last HEP R he elected to order this last R with all available options which in my opinion is pretty cool therefore he has the best of both worlds with respect to his very first and last R models assembled over the last 6 MY's.

* Lastly, it will be very interesting to see what chassis plate number is assigned by the FRAP individual who is responsible for assigning these chassis plate numbers to each GT350/R and would not be surprised to see some sort of unique chassis plate designation for the very last HEP R.

:sunglasses:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's cool that Bill Ford actually likes his products enough to have a Mustang made for himself. It definitely makes sense to me that he will get one that costs more to build than the typical Mustang. Ford can afford to put extra effort into a single Mustang, but they have to make most of them to a price point.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ehh, the thought of Penske..... they have done notoriously bad work on the CFTP cars. Mine, as well as many others, were rejected by Ford and sent back to Penske for a second try. Even then, the results were disappointing.

I am sure Bill will get a special job on his stripes. Owens will see to that I am sure. In hindsight, it might not have been a bad idea to get those stripes painted on at the dealership after all.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Very cool stuff! I once bought a 1998 Volvo T5 wagon that was an Executive's car. He was from Sweden and had it built and delivered to NJ where he was going to be working for 6 months. It had a manual transmission and was really nicely optioned. I guess he preferred to do that over Hertz! lol

Those cars are then available at cost to employees. I bought it 2 years later from that employee. Sweet brick indeed, but the torque steer of that big turbo sending power through a stick to the front wheels was, well, suffice it to say, hold the steering wheel tightly when you are launching hard!
Sponsored