Sponsored

Took Delivery of 2017 GT350R Last Night!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congrats!

PS - I want to stab myself in the eye when people love on their 17 carplay setups. :( I want! Cmon Ford!
Sponsored

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Check your front splitter if you have not done already, and not from a standing position.

Get down pretty low to the ground and look eye level for a gap in the center of the splitter. It should be flush.

There has been a lack of quality splitter installs over the last 9 months. So........Just some free advice. :) take it or leave it.

Oh, one more thing..

I didn't see locking lug nuts on your wheels. This is a must. You should have rec'd a set with your car. Look in the bag that your floor mats are in, they are typically located there. You don't want those wheels lifted when you take the car out for a quick pit stop.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Freaking awesome!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Very very nice! Nice garage collection :)

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Looks great!

Welcome to the club ;)

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am very excited to report I took delivery last night of my Avalanche Gray GT350R. Unfortunately the weather in Chicago was cold (~53 degrees) and raining so I did not get to experience it too much. I drove her about 30 miles last night so I don't have a good sense yet of the cars true capabilities. The car came with 5.2 miles on the odometer.

I am very happy to report as well that I do not have any panel gap issues or paint issues, that I could find. I went through the car pretty thoroughly given what I have been reading on the web regarding the same.

This is my first time driving a Shelby. I have owned other Mustangs in the past but not for many years. The car is loud! In fact, it's louder than my 2016 GT3 with RSS exhaust. I love the raspy nature to it and the burbles. Very bad ass. The seats are great and incredibly comfy. I am very impressed with the Sync 3 system as well. It's more intuitive and better than my GT3 mentioned above or my 2015 M3, which I thought was very intuitive to use. Sync 3 seems to work better and Apple CarPlay is really cool.

I'll give more of an update once I drive her more and I'll try to make fair comparisons to my GT3 and M3, both of which I love.

Anyways, attached are a few obligatory pics. Unfortunately I don't have good ones yet as I didn't want to take pics of the car in the rain.
Congrats again, alevine!! It looks amazing!!!

Deysha

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congrats. Beautiful choice in color and strips but I may be biased;)

You guys are right, in bright sun it looks white. When cloudy or at night, it looks grey.

I'd also suggest locking black lugs. To me the black lugs with the black wheels looks better. YMMV
DSC_0004_zpsytrdexp8.jpg

Last edited:

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
You have an R, a GT3 and an M3?

Good sir. I'm not the envious type. Truly, I'm happy with what I've got and feel like I've been extremely lucky in life.

But damn dude. A. I like your style. Those three cars are all tips on my list. B. Damned dude. Holy cow you have got some list of cars man!!!!!

And yes, I'm totally envious.

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Car looks awesome. I wasn't sold on Avalache Grey until I saw one in person at the Track Attack. It quickly became a favorite color.

Think you'll get a track day in before the weather is completely screwed?

I hope so! I have a track day planned at Autobahn Country Club on 10/20 but I don't know if I'll have enough miles on it yet, per the owners manual. If not, I'll probably drive the M3 that day.

Sponsored
OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have an R, a GT3 and an M3?

Good sir. I'm not the envious type. Truly, I'm happy with what I've got and feel like I've been extremely lucky in life.

But damn dude. A. I like your style. Those three cars are all tips on my list. B. Damned dude. Holy cow you have got some list of cars man!!!!!

And yes, I'm totally envious.
Thank you. I am incredibly fortunate that I have enjoyed some business success. One of my mentors in my business once said to me "The harder I work, the luckier I get." I have taken that saying to heart and truly believe it!

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check your front splitter if you have not done already, and not from a standing position.

Get down pretty low to the ground and look eye level for a gap in the center of the splitter. It should be flush.

There has been a lack of quality splitter installs over the last 9 months. So........Just some free advice. :) take it or leave it.

Oh, one more thing..

I didn't see locking lug nuts on your wheels. This is a must. You should have rec'd a set with your car. Look in the bag that your floor mats are in, they are typically located there. You don't want those wheels lifted when you take the car out for a quick pit stop.

Thanks. I checked the splitter install before I left the dealer after reading some of the stories on this forum. Fortunately it was done properly.

And yes, black Gorilla locking lugs are on order!

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
GT3 and a 350R....you're the man. I had a 911 C4S for a while and what a great driving car. Can't imagine what the GT3 is like. I tell people that after driving a 911, you understand why those with the means are willing to spend that kind of money on a car.....remarkable machines.

Last edited:
OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3 and a 350R....you're the man. I had a 911 C4S for a while and what a great driving car. Can't imagine what the GT3 is like. I tell people that after driving a 911, you understand why people are willing to spend that kind of money on a car.....remarkable machines.
Agreed, the 911's are amazing! Once you experience the feel of a short hood, rear engine car and how to use the weight in the rear to control the car it's hard to go back. The GT3 is truly epic. The carbon ceramic brakes stop like nothing I've ever experienced. There's nothing that I've owned or driven that comes close. I've been fortunate enough to have some really fun cars but the GT3 is so good in so many ways. The power is endless and the car handles like a go-kart. Oh, and the sound from the 9k RPM's at red-line doesn't hurt either.

Here are a few pics of my baby. :)
DSC_0780.jpg
DSC01779.jpg
DSC01785.jpg
DSC01784.jpg
DSC01778.jpg
DSC01768.jpg

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John