Sponsored

Took Delivery of 2017 GT350R Last Night!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Congrats on the AG R! It's my favorite color by far.
Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Congrats, beautiful car.

tw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2016 Porsche GT4, 2017 GT350
Check your front splitter if you have not done already, and not from a standing position.

Get down pretty low to the ground and look eye level for a gap in the center of the splitter. It should be flush.

There has been a lack of quality splitter installs over the last 9 months. So........Just some free advice. :) take it or leave it.

Oh, one more thing..

I didn't see locking lug nuts on your wheels. This is a must. You should have rec'd a set with your car. Look in the bag that your floor mats are in, they are typically located there. You don't want those wheels lifted when you take the car out for a quick pit stop.
Are these supposed to be a gratis item with the R model? My dealer tried to tack them on as a $250 option so I said to remove as I can pick them up much less online. If they're included from the factory I want to make sure they're in the car before it ships out next week.

tw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2016 Porsche GT4, 2017 GT350
Agreed, the 911's are amazing! Once you experience the feel of a short hood, rear engine car and how to use the weight in the rear to control the car it's hard to go back. The GT3 is truly epic. The carbon ceramic brakes stop like nothing I've ever experienced. There's nothing that I've owned or driven that comes close. I've been fortunate enough to have some really fun cars but the GT3 is so good in so many ways. The power is endless and the car handles like a go-kart. Oh, and the sound from the 9k RPM's at red-line doesn't hurt either.

Here are a few pics of my baby. :)
Agate Grey? Looks great! Almost went with that color on my GT4 but opted for white just before my order locked. Was going to do the expl matte wrap over the gray, which looks incredible. Chickened out on the aftermarket wrap as it was $5k plus...

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Agate Grey? Looks great! Almost went with that color on my GT4 but opted for white just before my order locked. Was going to do the expl matte wrap over the gray, which looks incredible. Chickened out on the aftermarket wrap as it was $5k plus...

Yes, the GT3 is Agate Gray. The metallic flake is amazing in the sun. White my my first choice originally but then I figured at the last minute I would go Agate. I'm so glad I did. I have a SunTek PPF over the front half of the car. It's held up really well and is barely noticeable. I've had 3M and the othe big brad (can't think of the name right now) on other cars and those were much thicker and you could tell they were wrapped with PPF. The SunTek is much less visible.

Enjoy the GT4. It's a beautiful car and a formidable track weapon!

Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Are these supposed to be a gratis item with the R model? My dealer tried to tack them on as a $250 option so I said to remove as I can pick them up much less online. If they're included from the factory I want to make sure they're in the car before it ships out next week.
The wheel locks are "included" with an R Model. They are normally shipped in a bag (not installed) with items in the trunk.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Yes, the GT3 is Agate Gray. The metallic flake is amazing in the sun. White my my first choice originally but then I figured at the last minute I would go Agate. I'm so glad I did. I have a SunTek PPF over the front half of the car. It's held up really well and is barely noticeable. I've had 3M and the othe big brad (can't think of the name right now) on other cars and those were much thicker and you could tell they were wrapped with PPF. The SunTek is much less visible.

Enjoy the GT4. It's a beautiful car and a formidable track weapon!
Congrats!! Trying to hunt for an R myself - gotta have the best for the track.

You will be impressed with the brakes on the track with the GT350R...the best performing stock brakes outside of the Porsche GT cars in my opinion.
Sponsored