67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea, the reason I say is because there were a few bids like this for R's that were crazy like this. Both buyers didn't pay and when the item was relisted, it was up front and center and very clear that this was for the ADM. Who knows, but if I'm wrong, I'll figure out a way to send you that beer.

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yea, the reason I say is because there were a few bids like this for R's that were crazy like this. Both buyers didn't pay and when the item was relisted, it was up front and center and very clear that this was for the ADM. Who knows, but if I'm wrong, I'll figure out a way to send you that beer.
Awesome!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I’m not sure what your first sentence means. When engaged - as in - clutch engaged in gear, a dct will act like any torque transferring medium. It’s still a transmission.

I really wish ford included a eLSD with this car. That’s almost a necessity with this power. Anyway, you’re right it can break the tires loose at 100mph. But should it? That’s wasted.
The DCT is a transmission with computer controlled clutches. That means the computer has control over how much torque is transferred.
Per Motortrend, "The 10-speed clocks in at 3,926 pounds—14 pounds heftier than the 3,912-pound manual."

Reference: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...8-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1le-first-test-review/

There's a weight thread on the C6 board, guy weighed in with 3/4 tank, in his manual ZLE, 3858, if the MT weight is a full tank, that's ~32lbs more, and I'm not sure if he was stock (the Camaro exhaust is heavy).

I think the thing that's sort of funny is the ZL1 is 3900+ lbs, but the GT500 with just 100-150lbs more is super heavy weight, hahaha, suddenly 150 lbs is like the difference between a Charger Hellcat and a Cayman GT4 ... :crazy:
Yes different sources show slightly different weights. I agree with your last statement and that was my point. I expect that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are going to be similar in weight to the GT500, just like all versions of the Camaro are pretty similar in weight to the Mustang.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes different sources show slightly different weights. I agree with your last statement and that was my point. I expect that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are going to be similar in weight to the GT500, just like all versions of the Camaro are pretty similar in weight to the Mustang.
Oh yeah, that was totally meant to support your original assertion. :)

I find it sort of comical it comes off like some people are suggesting a substantial difference, like it's 500 lbs, and we're really talking about two cars that are hovering +- 100 lbs around 4K :D

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It lists a VIN number. Is that legit? How would a car that has yet to enter production have a VIN?
No vins yet, completely fabricated

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
The DCT is a transmission with computer controlled clutches. That means the computer has control over how much torque is transferred.
I see what you’re saying, but it doesn’t actually do that.

As I understand it, the computer controlled activation is for part throttle, rolling, creeping, and launching.

It cannot modulate torque during engagement like being in third on a sweeping corner.

It basically send a commuter controlled signal to the control valves saying, hey the driver is stopped and applied 5% throttle. Engage the odd clutch for gear 1, at X ramp rate to allow a smooth even torque transfer and forward motion.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
who the hell buys cars and doesnt put $$ down? My meager ADM was the 1st Deposit(s) I made, spread out over 2 months. Thats not including tax and tags, always pay that upfront, at a minimum!
Ill decide how much more I put down when it arrives, after i see how many other things the Mrs decided to move higher on the priority list
Lol that dude is crazy, he said he lost money on the special edition mustangs. Did he mean GT500/GT350? Or a 50th anniversary/bullitt? Nobody gives a damn about the 50th/bullitt.

The top dog mustangs take a while to depreciate, while the regular GT depreciates much quicker. Can go to the for sale section and buy a used GT with a blower that is 10-20k cheaper than buying new and spending $$$ on mods.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Lol that dude is crazy, he said he lost money on the special edition mustangs. Did he mean GT500/GT350? Or a 50th anniversary/bullitt? Nobody gives a damn about the 50th/bullitt.

The top dog mustangs take a while to depreciate, while the regular GT depreciates much quicker. Can go to the for sale section and buy a used GT with a blower that is 10-20k cheaper than buying new and spending $$$ on mods.
Right!?

Built to spec and out the door, my car ill be 85k, all in. AT MOST, ill owe 70k once I drive it off the lot.. People dont think it will be years before its resale value nears what owed? Even if I made minimum payments spread over, what the max these days 82-90 months lolol.. I could sell that car in 2023 for at least 65, if not more

Sponsored
OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I think the thing that's sort of funny is the ZL1 is 3900+ lbs, but the GT500 with just 100-150lbs more is super heavy weight, hahaha, suddenly 150 lbs is like the difference between a Charger Hellcat and a Cayman GT4 ... :crazy:
The new gt4 gained over 300lbs. I couldnt believe it. Not sure what Porsche was thinking. Maybe it's a better street/gt car now.
My brothers friend owned one and now has a gt4 CS. No way they're getting the new 718 gt4 with a big weight gain.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
The new gt4 gained over 300lbs. I couldnt believe it. Not sure what Porsche was thinking. Maybe it's a better street/gt car now.
My brothers friend owned one and now has a gt4 CS. No way they're getting the new 718 gt4 with a big weight gain.
The new GT4 walks all over the previous version even with the 300lbs.

What a strange thing to be upset about when performance is night and day different.

Only reason to not get one is because we don’t want to wait two years or we can’t because they will all sell out.

I don’t have enough Porsche status and was told I’d be at least a from January. The 2020 718 GT4 is most likely perfect.

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new GT4 walks all over the previous version even with the 300lbs.

What a strange thing to be upset about when performance is night and day different.

Only reason to not get one is because we don’t want to wait two years or we can’t because they will all sell out.

I don’t have enough Porsche status and was told I’d be at least a from January. The 2020 718 GT4 is most likely perfect.
Without looking, is the new gt4 dct or a manual 6? If it's the latter, that explains the stomps.

With manuals slowly dying, I'll take a 6 speed. Also if I'm spending over 100k on a p car I'd rather spend it on a gt3. Even if it is more.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
I think the ZL1 1LE is actually closer to 3900 lbs than 3800 lbs. And with an automatic the ZL1 1LE is about 3950.

I don't see there being a big weight difference between the cars. Especially if you compare auto vs. auto.

The main thing will be the spool valve dampers and the super high spring rates in the ZL1 1LE vs. (I assume) much more compliant and comfortable ride in the GT500. Will the electronics, aero, power etc. in the GT500 make up for the faux race car stiff ride of the ZL1 1LE?
I think the ZL1 1LE is actually closer to 3900 lbs than 3800 lbs. And with an automatic the ZL1 1LE is about 3950.

I don't see there being a big weight difference between the cars. Especially if you compare auto vs. auto.

The main thing will be the spool valve dampers and the super high spring rates in the ZL1 1LE vs. (I assume) much more compliant and comfortable ride in the GT500. Will the electronics, aero, power etc. in the GT500 make up for the faux race car stiff ride of the ZL1 1LE?
Multimatic DSSV has specifically engineered spool valve dampers for Ford Performance in the GT, GT MKII and Mustang GT4.

The firm ride associated with DSSV is so "faux race car stiff" that Multimatic DSSV is the factory damper on Ford GT. So "faux" that Multimatic is in bed with Ford performance on the new GT MKII.

A better question might be; If GT500 is serious about the circuit, why isn't DSSV at least an option? It is after all, the standard damper on Ford's halo performance car (GT) and the Mustang GT4; Neither are "faux race cars".

If one has not tracked or even driven a car with Multimatic DSSV and/or has actually experienced the benefit, one may not be qualified to comment. One must understand the mathematically predictable nature of spool valve dampers vs. traditional dampers and MRC as well as the ultra consistent grip advantage at all speeds associated with a damper specifically engineered by Multimatic Specfinder software to match chassis (whether hard or soft mounted) design.

This is not personally directed at anyone; With that said, IMHO only a candy ass would complain about a performance engineered ride on a high performance car. If a comfortable ride is even a consideration in a true performance car, perhaps that cars capability has been compromised.

If a comfortable ride is ones priority, perhaps a Lincoln or Cadillac should be considered.

FYI, the curb weight of an M6 ZLE is 3837.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A better question might be; If GT500 is serious about the circuit, why isn't DSSV at least an option?
Not to mention the cost for trhe ZL1 is only around $6000 (can't find source ATM) which is reasonable. If Chevy can stump for equipping the Camaro, what's Ford's malfunction? It's not like they don't have an existing relationship with Multimatic. If they have the nerve to charge 10 grand for some silly paint, they surely can stomach quoting customers a price for some proper suspension.

IMHO only a candy ass would complain about a performance engineered ride on a high performance car. If a comfortable ride is even a consideration in a true performance car, perhaps that cars capability has been compromised.
I'll beg to differ. "track suspension" is frequently described as harsh, skippy over bumps, whack in the ass, etc. because the high-speed compression circuit is way too restricted. USA road courses are far, more bumpy than their overseas counterparts so there really is no excuse for the domestics not coming up with a valve stack that provides both chassis pitch control (slow comp) and sufficiently compliant bump absorption (fast comp). A good setup will allow you to feel a thump and still maintain chassis composure while a poorly done one will transmit a thwack and inject pitch moments.
Sponsored