jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I paid ADM for a "Golden Ticket" GT500 order. I was able to get my GT350 at MSRP but I wasn't able to get an R. New Rs are still going for ADMs 5 years later. I would have loved to have been able to get a "Golden Ticket" GT500 at MSRP. Has anyone been able to find one at MSRP?
I had a CFTP at MSRP for 2 hours!! Lol than the regional rep called to inform us that we had no Golden Ticket. So I do have a Base at MSRP. I still very happy but I guarantee I’d been 1 of the few to make that score.
Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I had a CFTP at MSRP for 2 hours!! Lol than the regional rep called to inform us that we had no Golden Ticket. So I do have a Base at MSRP. I still very happy but I guarantee I’d been 1 of the few to make that score.
It may have been a little dissapointing initially but scoring a base GT500 at MSRP is a nice catch! It was similar to how things worked out with buying my GT350 a few years ago. I missed out on getting an R but I got the GT350 at MSRP. I was happy about it. This time I really wanted the CFTP and painted on stripes but I had to pay extra to get it.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Nope, paying 10-15% off if not passively accepting the dealer's claims of "losing money on the deal." The manufactures are in deep shit, they have overproduced very badly and are sitting on oversupply while at the same time the world car market is crashing double digits. Dealers make their money on Service, not new car sales so as long as they are making enough to keep the lights on, they'll pump out as many vehicles as they can. Guys handing them manna from heaven (ADM) are just lovely but at units of a handful/year don't move the needle.
I'm talking about individual salespeople, not ford corporate. Turning a lead into a sale is what they do for a living, not providing VIP service to people who have already bought hook, line and sinker.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
So it looks like not all C8’s will not be selling for MSRP or below. Our Chevy brethren are going through what many of you guys are.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...79169911744863510556225974723&ftag=CAD13782fc
Not sure why anyone would pay ADM for base and ZL1 Corvettes since GM will make as many as people will buy them, unlike GT500's and I except to see discounts once the hype dies down and upper trims hit the market. Almost all large volume dealers are selling them at MSRP.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-official-list-of-dealers-at-msrp-or-not.html

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Not sure why anyone would pay ADM for base and ZL1 Corvettes since GM will make as many as people will buy them, unlike GT500's and I except to see discounts once the hype dies down and upper trims hit the market. Almost all large volume dealers are selling them at MSRP.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...-official-list-of-dealers-at-msrp-or-not.html
Many are just oblivious that there are other options out there or that big dealers like Kerbeck and MacMulkin exist. Remember, the average Corvette buyer is still pretty up there in age. Many aren't used to leveraging the internet and buying out of state. I'm pretty sure the dealers trying to sell C8's over msrp are just hoping they'll come across a few of those buyers in the early days of C8 release.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Many are just oblivious that there are other options out there or that big dealers like Kerbeck and MacMulkin exist. Remember, the average Corvette buyer is still pretty up there in age. Many aren't used to leveraging the internet and buying out of state. I'm pretty sure the dealers trying to sell C8's over msrp are just hoping they'll come across a few of those buyers in the early days of C8 release.
You got a good point there since median age of new Corvette buyer was 61 years old when the C7 came out. I'd expect to see many orders getting canceled if the stock market tanks near future and puts a large dent in their retirement accounts.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
You got a good point there since median age of new Corvette buyer was 61 years old when the C7 came out. I'd expect to see many orders getting canceled if the stock market tanks near future and puts a large dent in their retirement accounts.
I startee to read that and thought you were going to say because median age of 61 for C7 = potential deaths for those previous buyers.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I startee to read that and thought you were going to say because median age of 61 for C7 = potential deaths for those previous buyers.
The funny thing is that's probably a concern for GM since that means that the same group of folks is buying Corvettes and they'll eventually won't be able to drive anymore or die out. My guess is that's one of the main reasons why GM made a radical change by going mid-engine and kept the price increase to a minimum, in order to attract younger buyers.

This is a quote from a business article published in 2013 when the C7 came out:

"But I don't think it's going to win the new customers that GM needs for its halo car. I think that after the initial rush of interest, we're going to see Vette sales head slowly downhill.

And that means that the next all-new Corvette -- if there is one -- is going to have to be very different."

https://www.fool.com/investing/gene...-2014-corvette-stingray-isnt-good-enough.aspx

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Its a very niche market for a 2 seater $40k+ sports car. Worse at $60k+

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Sorry GM, im 36, a first time muscle car buyer and the Vette wasnt in the race.
Same for me. Just not a Corvette guy. Honestly, I'm not a 2-seater car guy period. No matter the performance or looks of any Vette, I'll never be in the market for one.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Same for me. Just not a Corvette guy. Honestly, I'm not a 2-seater car guy period. No matter the performance or looks of any Vette, I'll never be in the market for one.
i can't use the 2-seater excuse to cull this one, as I'd love to have a viper also. and I've never really been into vettes cause the last body style looks extremely dated once the new one comes out, but that C8Z, if it looks anything like the render, may have to be considered.
Sponsored