Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I think you should go for it! No downside to give it a try.

IMO, I think that the end of GT350 production will create a brief seller's market blip for the GT350R, but not necessarily for the GT350. There is still considerable nationwide inventory for the 350, but not the 350R.

If you look at each dealer individually, look for how long the 350R has been on the lot. A recent delivery may make them less likely to negotiate. If the car has been at the dealer for some time and there are other GT350s that have been there for a while, you can assume that there will be significant pressure to move them. This will also apply If there is significant new inventory that is stale across their product line.

Target a dealer the has a 350R that is NOT a HEP. I think that negotiating for those will be a little easier.
Great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. One I have an eye on just got delivered soooo I’m guessing the end of the year game might not work with that one, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks again!
Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Give $500 to somebody's dad here who bought a GT500 for 6% under MSRP the other day at Kerry Ford in Cinci. Clearly he knows a thing or two about brow-beating a dealership into letting go of a 3mo sitting car. :)
Hahaha! Too funny man. I saw that article and was pretty damn shocked as well. I need to get in touch with him to work my deals then!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. One I have an eye on just got delivered soooo I’m guessing the end of the year game might not work with that one, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks again!
every day it sits on their lot they are paying for it. If they could sell a car before it even rolled off the transporter I'm sure they would prefer it even more.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
IMHO to purchase an R at MSRP is a fair deal for all parties. That is what I paid for my R....

but it's cold, getting colder, and you may find an antsy dealer... go for it!

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
IMHO to purchase an R at MSRP is a fair deal for all parties. That is what I paid for my R....
but it's cold, getting colder, and you may find an antsy dealer... go for it!
exactly, an R at msrp is probably as much as they make on half a dozen regular cars. end of the year and winter season won’t hurt your chances.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
end of 2019/beginning of 2020 R were *advertised* as 7000 off. So MSRP is a lousy deal. But unfortunately timing, like location is key and that ship is likely long sailed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve been calling around for the last few weeks. I’ve yet to come across an antsy dealer on a 20r. The Heritage is a whole other deal as well. Considering how large the floor plans on most the dealers that have these cars, the unit or two they may have is hardly a burden. Cold or not, I don’t think we’ll start to see the R’s come down at all until possibly spring. But like a few have said it doesn’t hurt to try.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
end of 2019/beginning of 2020 R were *advertised* as 7000 off. So MSRP is a lousy deal. But unfortunately timing, like location is key and that ship is likely long sailed.
You find a 2020 R at $7k off and pass on it let me know... I’ll buy a second one....

... until in run it by my wife and I get “the look” and that will be the end of that.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Since I posted earlier today, a good friend connected me with his good friend that is the GM at a dealership in the Southwest region. They are asking $5k for their 2020R that just showed up this week, but he floated $1k over to see if that’s in my comfort zone. I don’t need the car, but would like it. If the community thinks MSRP is reasonable at this point, I might see if they’d make it happen.

Also, anyone getting an R recently finding any wheel protection plan? Im hoping to track the car 4-6 times a year, I live in AZ where roads aren’t terrible. Just curious what everyone with an R does about these wheels.

Thanks!

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Since I posted earlier today, a good friend connected me with his good friend that is the GM at a dealership in the Southwest region. They are asking $5k for their 2020R that just showed up this week, but he floated $1k over to see if that’s in my comfort zone. I don’t need the car, but would like it. If the community thinks MSRP is reasonable at this point, I might see if they’d make it happen.

Also, anyone getting an R recently finding any wheel protection plan? Im hoping to track the car 4-6 times a year, I live in AZ where roads aren’t terrible. Just curious what everyone with an R does about these wheels.

Thanks!
On the first point... I hate the idea of ADM but I’m not one to let a grand stand in then way of owning a car I really want.

Wheel protection.... I’d gladly buy if you find a company offering it but I tried to buy it at time of sale and the ford program specifically excludes the carbon fiber wheels.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Mind sharing what R your referring to? I’m trying to work a deal on another currently. You can pm me if you’d prefer.

Thanks!

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby

Thanks!
which AZ Ford Dealership

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Just curious what everyone with an R does about these wheels.

Thanks!
I run mine on the street. It seems a lot of R owner buy a set of rims for the street, either R knock offs or buy a set of rims from Terrance. Some prefer to us the CF Rims strictly for track days or for special events, or not at all. Not me, I run my stock CF rims, but it is not a daily. I would say if yours is not a daily and your roads are decent, don't worry about it and run them. I suppose theft could play a factor as well, but I am not really worried about that either. Personally I say run them.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I run mine on the street. It seems a lot of R owner buy a set of rims for the street, either R knock offs or buy a set of rims from Terrance. Some prefer to us the CF Rims strictly for track days or for special events, or not at all. Not me, I run my stock CF rims, but it is not a daily. I would say if yours is not a daily and your roads are decent, don't worry about it and run them. I suppose theft could play a factor as well, but I am not really worried about that either. Personally I say run them.
Avoid those curbs when parking! I have a regular 350 and am always OCD about not rubbing the rims... wish they had those fancy perimeter parking cameras...
Sponsored