The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
Local dealer has seven (7!) leftover 2019 GT350's. I thought about asking pricing, but not quite in the market yet. I gotta think they're dealing off MSRP for a new car that's about to be 2 years old.
Sponsored

UpTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am broke
Called a Chevy dealer, first call, they will take a refundable deposit on a c8 z06 at Msrp. Much nicer process. Ford really needs to punish dealers with inventory withholding if they do ADM.
This.
Also, have they started giving out delivery estimates? Iā€™m trying to find a dealer thatā€™ll give me an earlyish delivery. C8 Z06 should
Be mind boggling!

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
This.
Also, have they started giving out delivery estimates? Iā€™m trying to find a dealer thatā€™ll give me an earlyish delivery. C8 Z06 should
Be mind boggling!
The one I called had zero idea, end of 2021 until spring of 2022 range given ā€œdue to covidā€ which is understandable in these days. I just had to put a deposit down on a 2021 jetski last week to ensure I actually get one next year bc dealer allotment is selling out. Weird times of low supply And high demand. Iā€™m almost considering listing my Aston Martin now to free up some cash for the z06

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Local dealer has seven (7!) leftover 2019 GT350's. I thought about asking pricing, but not quite in the market yet. I gotta think they're dealing off MSRP for a new car that's about to be 2 years old.
I was able to get a NEW 2018 in April of this year, 2020, sitting on a WI dealer lot for a HUGE savings. I am guessing early next year these new 2019's will be selling well below MSRP.

Sponsored

sleepy floy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'74 Ford Bronco, '15 Jeep Wrangler
Napa Ford I think
Yes, Napa Ford. I asked for a quote for the 2019, came back at MSRP. I asked, "are you really asking MSRP for a car that's about to be 2 years old?" Response I got back is that they are discounted, were previously $2,500 over MSRP. Ok, good luck with that.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Yes, Napa Ford. I asked for a quote for the 2019, came back at MSRP. I asked, "are you really asking MSRP for a car that's about to be 2 years old?" Response I got back is that they are discounted, were previously $2,500 over MSRP. Ok, good luck with that.
I got about 5K off MSRP back in June on a ā€˜19, in Tustin!
They said it was 20K off because it had a 15K ADM. Ya, keep thinking thatā€™s a 20K discount.

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I got about 5K off MSRP back in June on a ā€˜19, in Tustin!
They said it was 20K off because it had a 15K ADM. Ya, keep thinking thatā€™s a 20K discount.
4k off MSRP on a '19 back in May. Non-essential businesses were still trying to figure out how to work in COVID.

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
4K off msrp for a 20 back in April but had to drive 300 miles to get it in central pa

Sponsored

MDFilip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's why they still have them. Before I purchased my 20 HEP I found plenty of 2019s 5k-7k under MSRP but I really wanted a HEP

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Napa Ford still has fourteen GT350ā€™s!! Five of them are ā€˜19ā€™s.
Someone is counting on prices really going up. Thatā€™s a lot of money sitting there.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
So Iā€™m over here contemplating some Hail Mary offers on 2020 Rā€™s over the next week or so with the end of the year approaching. Iā€™ve always enjoyed hearing from the community about how the negotiate. Iā€™m curious if anyone else has in the past knocked it out of the park with a purchase during the last week of the year?

From my recent searches it doesnā€™t seem hard to find an R at MSRP or with a $2k markup. Perhaps Iā€™m overly optimistic, but I think Iā€™m going to be shooting for $2k under MSRP offers this week and see if any stick. Iā€™m hopeful that as the next 10 days progress Iā€™ll get that desperate phone call.

So anyone thatā€™s got any previous experience with this game plan or would care to chime in about how realistic my thought process is, Iā€™d appreciate it.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
So Iā€™m over here contemplating some Hail Mary offers on 2020 Rā€™s over the next week or so with the end of the year approaching. Iā€™ve always enjoyed hearing from the community about how the negotiate. Iā€™m curious if anyone else has in the past knocked it out of the park with a purchase during the last week of the year?

From my recent searches it doesnā€™t seem hard to find an R at MSRP or with a $2k markup. Perhaps Iā€™m overly optimistic, but I think Iā€™m going to be shooting for $2k under MSRP offers this week and see if any stick. Iā€™m hopeful that as the next 10 days progress Iā€™ll get that desperate phone call.

So anyone thatā€™s got any previous experience with this game plan or would care to chime in about how realistic my thought process is, Iā€™d appreciate it.
I think you should go for it! No downside to give it a try.

IMO, I think that the end of GT350 production will create a brief seller's market blip for the GT350R, but not necessarily for the GT350. There is still considerable nationwide inventory for the 350, but not the 350R.

If you look at each dealer individually, look for how long the 350R has been on the lot. A recent delivery may make them less likely to negotiate. If the car has been at the dealer for some time and there are other GT350s that have been there for a while, you can assume that there will be significant pressure to move them. This will also apply If there is significant new inventory that is stale across their product line.

Target a dealer the has a 350R that is NOT a HEP. I think that negotiating for those will be a little easier.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Give $500 to somebody's dad here who bought a GT500 for 6% under MSRP the other day at Kerry Ford in Cinci. Clearly he knows a thing or two about brow-beating a dealership into letting go of a 3mo sitting car. :)
Sponsored