95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...I’m hoping when the 500 hits the streets, the 350 prices will finally settle down. I have very little desire to spend hours searching. I’d rather keep the money, invest it or buy something else.
I am a former SEC money manager and now just an investor (retired early). I've seen many people that are not willing to do a few hours of research in order to successfully manage their biggest asset: Their retirement accounts as well as the tax deffered money going into their accounts.

It takes a lot less time to find a good deal on a car.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I am a former SEC money manager and now just an investor (retired early). I've seen many people that are not willing to do a few hours of research in order to successfully manage their biggest asset: Their retirement accounts as well as the tax deffered money going into their accounts.

It takes a lot less time to find a good deal on a car.
I hear you on that.

Luckily I took the time and did my leg work on the investment side of things. I have my deferred comp account firing on all cylinders. Putting money into it every paycheck, I’m contributing 20% of each paycheck. I have 13 years left to retire with a full pension and I’m leaving this state (NJ) to go out west where my retirement money will go farther and build myself a log cabin.

Besides my two cars and my Harley Davidson I live a minimalist lifestyle, not married and no kids.

I could swing the extra 10-15K for the ADM but I just don’t feel right doing it. If they stop making the 350 and I don’t get one then it wasn’t meant to be. I’ll get over not owning one and move on to something else.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A dealer 30mi from me has both a regular and -R 2019 350 for 9% off MSRP.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that won't last.
Of course not. The dealer wants to sell the car, not admire it on the show room floor. The point of my posting was to show that even current MY Shelby's are being discounted. As opposed to the plethora of listings for 2018 still with ADM.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Of course not. The dealer wants to sell the car, not admire it on the show room floor. The point of my posting was to show that even current MY Shelby's are being discounted. As opposed to the plethora of listings for 2018 still with ADM.
the price for that R is a total anomaly, I've never seen one like that and I know pricing. I wonder if it's a bait and switch. if it's legit and someone's getting a great deal, but again it's not the norm not even close.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
found that deal. i referred someone on this forum last year to a 2018 white R they had for $5k off. he flew to pick it up and drove it home to GA. note that they have around $2300 in fees, so on this 2019 R, it'll be about a $4500 net savings off sticker. still a killer deal. good find.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my EB from that dealer and will be popping by tomorrow to pick up my tags. Fees are just another part of the negotiation process. I personally don't stand for fees over 300.

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
So I can definitely tell you that dealers will do bait and switch tactics.

When I bought a Shelby F150 last year in December of 2018 from Greico Ford - they had it advertised on website for $92K brand new without any miles on it.

When I called and got through to the point where we were discussing the buying of the car a manager picked up the phone and said it was a mistake. That this only applied to someone who would get all the applicable discounts (veteran etc.) and if they had applied all Ford cash incentives - which they cannot do.

I called him out on it and he did call me out also. So he basically challenged me to come down and buy it the next day and he would honor the price (or at least as close as applicable). So I did - but throughout the buying process of the truck I found plenty of place advertising a price to find out they would not sell it at that number. I got it for 93K.

I just bought my 2018 R for 63K firm with 2,800 miles on it. I bought it simply because I loved the color combination and wanted a newer one vs. 2016/17 (which would be fine also but I wanted newer). I found a local dealer who would sell me a black one for MSRP if I was serious enough to pay cash and could buy it that day (2019).

If you do some research and catch the dealer on the right day with cash in hand - I know its possible to get one close to MSRP. But finding ones under it is pretty dang hard.

RareBreed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody M6, 2018 F-150 Raptor, 2003 Corvette, 1998 Mustang Cobra
Ford has no control over the prices that the dealer charges. These contracts were written many years ago and supported by the Courts.

I'd never pay ADM on anything.
Ford may not have control over ADM, but they definitely encourage it. I work for a Ford Dealer, and several months ago my GM went to a regional Ford meeting. I don’t know the exact details, but at this meeting our Dealership “won” an allocation for an R. One of the Ford reps encouraged my GM to markup the MSRP by $20k due to the rarity of the model. At the time my GM told me he’d sell to me at $15k over. We received the R on 7/9, and for some reason the sales manager only added a $5k ADM. Well on 7/25 I signed the paperwork for it at MSRP. I might’ve been able to get it for less, but I acknowledge that they have to pay an annual fee in order to sell Shelbys, and we only sell 1 or 2 non-Rs per year. This was the first R allocation we received, so I was happy to pay sticker for it.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Ford has no control over the prices that the dealer charges. These contracts were written many years ago and supported by the Courts.

I'd never pay ADM on anything.
Keep looking. I was able to find a MY2019 nonR/GT350 at MSRP. Its passing thru Winslow, AZ today and should be arriving at El Mirage, tomorrow. Delivery to the dealer by the end of the week, or possibly by the first of next week. They're out there! You'll find one!!
Totally agree.

I've had several opportunities to buy very nice examples but I just cannot give someone 20K extra for just having a car to sell.

Same thing happened today. A local car dealer hit me up and said they had an optioned out GT 350 (ox white w/ perf blue stripes & mag pins) but they wanted 20K over.
I told him if he agreed to let go of the ADM I will stop everything I'm doing and come in. He told me he'll think about it and call me back. I'm not expecting a call from them...

Oh well, I'm pretty happy with my GT and its ruthless on the track so I'll stay put for a while.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I just bought a GT350, the dealer here in NY wanted 5000 over msrp, I refused and I wanted to give them 1000 less then sticker, was told no way your getting it below msrp... did not pay ADM
Maybe I could have done better??? As there are 11 white GT350’s with in 100 miles of my location
Sponsored