The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
10 years from now you will have over 100,000 +GT 500 /350 mustangs. First the 06 GT-H then the GT500's in so many different hp ratings. 500, 540,550 ,662 and it will go on. Then you have the GT350, GT ,GT-H,Boss302. I think you get the picture. Way to many to command collector status. If you just look at the current situation it always seems like the current will become collectable. Mainly because it's the best. The future will have so many more Shelbys. Enjoy them but don't think for a moment they will demand high values in the future. What about the 2000 cobra R ? It's low volume.
Could the current trend in TV shows and collector auctions be a craze that's created a bubble.? Maybe but I don't care because I don't have any skin in that game. I buy them because they are fun as hell to drive . Bring on the next one.
Sure some of my old cars I made money on. But I made a hell of a lot more in the stock market . That includes the Ford GT.
I didn't pay a adm on the Ford GT. A $170K Ford GT with tax ....increased in value to $300K with 1000 miles that's only 5% on your money today. Not that great of an investment and that's without insurance and repairs figured in. Some people paid way more then $170K on them also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
10 years from now you will have over 100,000 +GT 500 /350 mustangs. First the 06 GT-H then the GT500's in so many different hp ratings. 500, 540,550 ,662 and it will go on. Then you have the GT350, GT ,GT-H,Boss302. I think you get the picture. Way to many to command collector status. If you just look at the current situation it always seems like the current will become collectable. The future will have so many more Shelbys. Enjoy them but don't think for a moment they will demand high values in the future.
good points so many it kind of dilutes the mystique

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Speculating on future values for these cars is so difficult. We aren't ferrari and porsche owners (well at least i'm not) so special editions of our cars are not guaranteed to appreciate. If you are buying this car as any type of an investment i would probably say your money is better suited elsewhere.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I thought I would share my GT350 acquisition story in detail. It may be entertaining or inspiring for those waiting or searching for one.

10 Months ago, I knew nothing about the GT350, or even of its existence. I’m not a Ford fan, per se and never even owned an American Car in 35 years of driving. I’m more of a Porsche & Audi enthusiast, though, lately, I haven’t been following them too closely, either. With my ’97 Boxster and ‘99 A4 Avant going on 20 years and 17 years, respectively, I thought it was high time that I got something new and exciting. A sports car in the European tradition with a manual transmission and rear seats, as I have an 8 year daughter who likes to go for rides. I thought about getting something classic, like a Porsche 993, or 928, but these are just old cars, like what I already have. I wanted something more modern, but there wasn’t much out there, in my price point, that excited me.

Things changed dramatically when I read the GT350 review in the Nov. 2015 Car and Driver magazine. Prior to this, I liked the looks of the new 2015 Mustang, and appreciated that it had an independent rear suspension. A guy across the street from the house we rent in Wildwood Crest, NJ during our summer vacation had a White GT last summer, which looked and sounded great. But it wasn’t until learning about the GT350, that I got really excited. Being a Mechanical Engineer and former TrackRat/Instructor, I poured over all the special technology put into the GT350 – Sodium filled exhaust valves
Fracture Split Connecting Rods
this is good stuff! My wife has never seen me so into a new car, doing research, etc.

I immediately started contacting local dealers (there are over 100 within a 100 mile radius of my location in NJ), none of which knew anything about the car. I tried to see if I could get on a list, so I could order one to my specifications. No Luck. Once I was able to figure out the Ford Website and do an extended search, I was able to follow who had what on order or in the showroom and began visiting dealers. Most dealers had Tech Pack cars with stripes, which I wasn’t interested in, and all were asking $5K to $15K ADM, which I also wasn’t interested in.

From the very beginning, I was only interested in a Track Pack car. I wouldn’t be commuting in this car (I don’t commute in any car as I work from my home – which also makes it difficult to justify buying a 3rd car for myself!). I told one dealer “in 20 years, this Lync thing and navigation will most likely be obsolete – you know what won’t be obsolete? Heat Exchangers”. So, by early 2016, I had my sights set on an AG Track Pack with a Black Painted roof. Low and behold, a local dealer had one, so I contacted them through email. Their Internet sales guy called me back trying to tell me a bull story about how these cars are given via lottery; they were asking $20K over, but just reduced it to $10K. By this time, I had already found and been lurking on Mustang6G, so I knew what the deal was. Sorry buddy, but I did take a ride up to look at the color. The salesman seemed to know what he was talking about, but, still no deal with ADM – I don’t need this thing that bad. This car, serno 1496, built date 12/01/15, sat in their showroom for months and finally sold just as the 2017 order banks opened. I wonder how much they got for it.

Moving on
checking the Ford site daily, a RR Track Pack with Black Roof and no Stripe appears as dealer ordered. I’m thinking, this must be a custom order for someone, as it is completely unlike anything all the other dealers around here are ordering. Weeks go by and it disappears – it goes from Dealer Ordered to Gone – My suspicions were confirmed, custom ordered and delivered – or so I thought.

At this point there are ~48 GT350’s in my search area, 2016s and 2017s on order. I decided to change my strategy. Knowing that all 2017 will have the Track Pack, I figured that in the spring of 2017, there will probably be quite a few 2017 around to choose from. Only color, stripes and electronics will be a compromise, so I decided I would wait another year, all the while continuing to follow the market.

A few weeks later, the RR Track Pack reappears on the Ford website, and the dealer has a few dozen pictures of it. One picture shows it has 164 miles on it. I figured the dealership owner ordered the car for himself, drove it a bit and decided to sell it. This turned out to be the case. I contacted the dealer and they got back to me asking $10K over. Sorry, no deal. However, the dealer is “on the way” to Wildwood Crest, where we were going on vacation again this year. I was fantasizing about stopping in on our way down, doing a deal and picking it 10 days later on our way back. But, it was just a fantasy.

The day before my family was to head down the shore, I saw a post on Mustang6G saying that someone just bought a 2016 Track Pack at MSRP at a dealer in northern Jersey, and they had 2 Tech Packs also going for MSRP. With this knowledge in hand, I emailed the dealer and told them I would be in the next day at 11:00 to look at the car (on our way down to the shore).

We arrived on time, examined the car closely, sat with the sales manager, who was still asking $10K over. I told him, I’ll buy this car right now, cash for MSRP. He balked a bit and came back with $2K over. I told him about the Track Pack that was sold the night before. I said “Why should I pay any more for your car than that guy paid yesterday?” MSRP, and I’ll put down a deposit and finalize the deal on our way back from the shore in 10 days. He say, I’ll do the deal at MSRP, but it has to be done today; it was July 27th and he needed to get it off his books before months end. I said, I can do that, but you will need to store the car in your garage until I can pick it up on our way home – I had no intention of driving down the shore, where parking in our neighborhood is difficult.

We all agreed, did the deal, got the insurance sorted out and, within 90 minutes of arriving, the car was mine. They insisted I take it for a ride, so I loaded the family in and went for quick ride. Upon our return, they backed it into their garage and covered it, and we were off on our way. I can say it wasn’t easy vacationing knowing your new car is sitting in some dealerships garage, but I made it through. We picked it up on our way back. – I guess fantasies can come true.

Congratulations on making it down this far and thanks for reading!

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Congrats. My journey was similar to yours. I was looking at M2s.

I could see in the spring the ADMs being asked for didnt seem justified. Im really curious what the ADMs people paid really where.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. My journey was similar to yours. I was looking at M2s.

I could see in the spring the ADMs being asked for didnt seem justified. Im really curious what the ADMs people paid really where.
Did you get yours in NJ around 7/26?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you're the one I heard about, then...

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
The only 'sensible' reason they're holding onto them is a strong belief, or good information held tightly to their chest, that Ford isn't building the GT350 2018MY.
I think most dealers don't know jack about what Ford is up to until Ford announces it.

It's a numbers game. A lot like gambling. And If they end up selling them at MSRP, they're still making a killing.

Sponsored

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
I work for a Ford Dealer, we don't get any more information than the public does about what is coming or what their plans are, other than what everyone else can find in press releases or their own google searches.

ccie7599

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, Tech Pack, Magnetic/Black OTT
Hi all- late to the party here- I picked up my Shelby two weeks ago, after never believing I'd get one due to inventory, and inability to afford the ADM up until now.

I was at the LA Auto show when Ford revealed it- I actually met Joe Hinnrichs in the Ritz Carlton breakfast club lounge (showed him how to use the toaster LOL). When I saw the car, I had a wow moment, and then relegated myself to look at the GTs.

Fast forward to this summer. A bunch of dealers had 2016s in stock. I called around, and the general asking price was $5K ADM. I proposed a deal where they took my lease in early, and ate 8 payments plus over 10,000 miles in overage.

With that deal, the effective price was MSRP, the $5K ADM was countered by at least $5K in mileage and lease forgiveness (which would have went way up, as I had 8 months left on the lease, plus brakes, tires, and items not covered by WearCare).

It still wasn't enough. We've got two kids going into College this year- both out of state, both private schools, and being an A-Plan brat, it makes it that much harder to justify even MSRP. So I walked away from the deal, super bummed out. Then, I thought of another alternative-

We had a second lease - 6 payments remaining, about 5K over on miles. I proposed - if we buy a 2nd car at A-Plan, and turn in both leases with zero out-of-pocket, would that be enough. After days of haggling, the dealer agreed to forgive all but $2K of the second lease. So my effective price was now around $3K under MSRP, again not accounting for additional miles, tires, brakes, plus the smile factor of a new freaking Shelby! Bonus points as Mrs. CCIE got a new Expedition EL as the 2nd car, and anytime you can pull out a win-win-win, well that's a lot of wins to go around :-).

Short-ish points-
-I live in a cold weather area of a cold-weather state, and all of the dealers I spoke with seemed quite motivated to sell. A few of them offered me 2017 allocations for about $3K more. I think they have problems moving these in those regions, they're a 6-7 month vehicle at most in my neck of the woods.

-Our deal let the store preserve their markup, for whatever that was worth to them, and let me rightly justify the price.

-Writing that check (or signing the back of the loan check) was a lot more fun than having to pay Ford Credit for miles driven.

-A bit of a pucker factor as I saw over $120K fly in and out of my hands over the course of 5 days.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I like the way the car is lit in that pic! Congrats and start enjoying as the clock to winter is ticking down.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Hi all- late to the party here- I picked up my Shelby two weeks ago, after never believing I'd get one due to inventory, and inability to afford the ADM up until now.

I was at the LA Auto show when Ford revealed it- I actually met Joe Hinnrichs in the Ritz Carlton breakfast club lounge (showed him how to use the toaster LOL). When I saw the car, I had a wow moment, and then relegated myself to look at the GTs.

Fast forward to this summer. A bunch of dealers had 2016s in stock. I called around, and the general asking price was $5K ADM. I proposed a deal where they took my lease in early, and ate 8 payments plus over 10,000 miles in overage.

With that deal, the effective price was MSRP, the $5K ADM was countered by at least $5K in mileage and lease forgiveness (which would have went way up, as I had 8 months left on the lease, plus brakes, tires, and items not covered by WearCare).

It still wasn't enough. We've got two kids going into College this year- both out of state, both private schools, and being an A-Plan brat, it makes it that much harder to justify even MSRP. So I walked away from the deal, super bummed out. Then, I thought of another alternative-

We had a second lease - 6 payments remaining, about 5K over on miles. I proposed - if we buy a 2nd car at A-Plan, and turn in both leases with zero out-of-pocket, would that be enough. After days of haggling, the dealer agreed to forgive all but $2K of the second lease. So my effective price was now around $3K under MSRP, again not accounting for additional miles, tires, brakes, plus the smile factor of a new freaking Shelby! Bonus points as Mrs. CCIE got a new Expedition EL as the 2nd car, and anytime you can pull out a win-win-win, well that's a lot of wins to go around :-).

Short-ish points-
-I live in a cold weather area of a cold-weather state, and all of the dealers I spoke with seemed quite motivated to sell. A few of them offered me 2017 allocations for about $3K more. I think they have problems moving these in those regions, they're a 6-7 month vehicle at most in my neck of the woods.

-Our deal let the store preserve their markup, for whatever that was worth to them, and let me rightly justify the price.

-Writing that check (or signing the back of the loan check) was a lot more fun than having to pay Ford Credit for miles driven.

-A bit of a pucker factor as I saw over $120K fly in and out of my hands over the course of 5 days.

That's one good looking car and you are one lucky and happy owner. :thumbsup:

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I thought I would share my GT350 acquisition story in detail. It may be entertaining or inspiring for those waiting or searching for one.

10 Months ago, I knew nothing about the GT350, or even of its existence. I’m not a Ford fan, per se and never even owned an American Car in 35 years of driving. I’m more of a Porsche & Audi enthusiast, though, lately, I haven’t been following them too closely, either. With my ’97 Boxster and ‘99 A4 Avant going on 20 years and 17 years, respectively, I thought it was high time that I got something new and exciting. A sports car in the European tradition with a manual transmission and rear seats, as I have an 8 year daughter who likes to go for rides. I thought about getting something classic, like a Porsche 993, or 928, but these are just old cars, like what I already have. I wanted something more modern, but there wasn’t much out there, in my price point, that excited me.

Things changed dramatically when I read the GT350 review in the Nov. 2015 Car and Driver magazine. Prior to this, I liked the looks of the new 2015 Mustang, and appreciated that it had an independent rear suspension. A guy across the street from the house we rent in Wildwood Crest, NJ during our summer vacation had a White GT last summer, which looked and sounded great. But it wasn’t until learning about the GT350, that I got really excited. Being a Mechanical Engineer and former TrackRat/Instructor, I poured over all the special technology put into the GT350 – Sodium filled exhaust valves
Fracture Split Connecting Rods
this is good stuff! My wife has never seen me so into a new car, doing research, etc.

I immediately started contacting local dealers (there are over 100 within a 100 mile radius of my location in NJ), none of which knew anything about the car. I tried to see if I could get on a list, so I could order one to my specifications. No Luck. Once I was able to figure out the Ford Website and do an extended search, I was able to follow who had what on order or in the showroom and began visiting dealers. Most dealers had Tech Pack cars with stripes, which I wasn’t interested in, and all were asking $5K to $15K ADM, which I also wasn’t interested in.

From the very beginning, I was only interested in a Track Pack car. I wouldn’t be commuting in this car (I don’t commute in any car as I work from my home – which also makes it difficult to justify buying a 3rd car for myself!). I told one dealer “in 20 years, this Lync thing and navigation will most likely be obsolete – you know what won’t be obsolete? Heat Exchangers”. So, by early 2016, I had my sights set on an AG Track Pack with a Black Painted roof. Low and behold, a local dealer had one, so I contacted them through email. Their Internet sales guy called me back trying to tell me a bull story about how these cars are given via lottery; they were asking $20K over, but just reduced it to $10K. By this time, I had already found and been lurking on Mustang6G, so I knew what the deal was. Sorry buddy, but I did take a ride up to look at the color. The salesman seemed to know what he was talking about, but, still no deal with ADM – I don’t need this thing that bad. This car, serno 1496, built date 12/01/15, sat in their showroom for months and finally sold just as the 2017 order banks opened. I wonder how much they got for it.

Moving on
checking the Ford site daily, a RR Track Pack with Black Roof and no Stripe appears as dealer ordered. I’m thinking, this must be a custom order for someone, as it is completely unlike anything all the other dealers around here are ordering. Weeks go by and it disappears – it goes from Dealer Ordered to Gone – My suspicions were confirmed, custom ordered and delivered – or so I thought.

At this point there are ~48 GT350’s in my search area, 2016s and 2017s on order. I decided to change my strategy. Knowing that all 2017 will have the Track Pack, I figured that in the spring of 2017, there will probably be quite a few 2017 around to choose from. Only color, stripes and electronics will be a compromise, so I decided I would wait another year, all the while continuing to follow the market.

A few weeks later, the RR Track Pack reappears on the Ford website, and the dealer has a few dozen pictures of it. One picture shows it has 164 miles on it. I figured the owner ordered the car for himself, drove it a bit and decided to sell it. This turned out to be the case. I contacted the dealer and they got back to me asking $10K over. Sorry, no deal. However, the dealer is “on the way” to Wildwood Crest, where we were going on vacation again this year. I was fantasizing about stopping in our way down, doing a deal and picking it 10 days later on our way back. But, it was just a fantasy.

The day before my family was to head down the shore, I saw a post on Mustang6G saying that someone just bought a 2016 Track Pack at MSRP at a dealer in northern Jersey, and they had 2 Tech Packs also going for MSRP. With this knowledge in hand, I emailed the dealer and told them I would be in the next day at 11:00 to look at the car (on our way down to the shore).

We arrived on time, examined the car closely, sat with the sales manager, who was still asking $10K over. I told him, I’ll buy this car right now, cash for MSRP. He balked a bit and came back with $2K over. I told him about the Track Pack that was sold the night before. I said “Why should I pay any more for your car than that guy paid yesterday?” MSRP, and I’ll put down a deposit and finalize the deal on our way back from the shore in 10 days. He say, I’ll do the deal at MSRP, but it has to be done today; it was July 27th and he needed to get it off his books before months end. I said, I can do that, but you will need to store the car in your garage until I can pick it up on our way home – I had no intention of driving down the shore, where parking in our neighborhood is difficult.

We all agreed, did the deal, got the insurance sorted out and, within 90 minutes of arriving, the car was mine. They insisted I take it for a ride, so I loaded the family in and went for quick ride. Upon our return, they backed it into their garage and covered it, and we were off on our way. I can say it wasn’t easy vacationing knowing your new car is sitting in some dealerships garage, but I made it through. We picked it up on our way back. – I guess fantasies can come true.

Congratulations on making it down this far and thanks for reading!
Great story! Congrats on getting your car and at a great price! :thumbsup:

But technically, I believe your MSRP deal was for a used car, since it had an owner and 164 miles on it - right?
Sponsored