Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Ravnoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Some dealers have no idea how the market is currently. Just got quoted 78,345 on a 2016 GT350 Tech pack! I wished them good luck. I am pretty sure they are not going to sell it for that amount, given that quite some dealers are selling them at MRSP or with minimal ADM (up to 5k).
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
"Out the door price" is an irrelevant term because of all the variables such as tax and reg fees.

Selling price in relation to MSRP is a more useful metric to compare individual deals/market prices.
Yep, the correct way to compare a 'deal' is before sales tax and other local fees since those can vary all over the place depending on what state you are in.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yep, the correct way to compare a 'deal' is before sales tax and other local fees since those can vary all over the place depending on what state you are in.
Agreed too often people quote prices but leave out the fact they got robbed on their trade or any other factors that muddy up the water.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Gt350
Some dealers have no idea how the market is currently. Just got quoted 78,345 on a 2016 GT350 Tech pack! I wished them good luck. I am pretty sure they are not going to sell it for that amount, given that quite some dealers are selling them at MRSP or with minimal ADM (up to 5k).
Wow. That is ridiculous. Mine was not even close to that.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
A lot of dealers could have sold these 2016s for $5K over long ago and now they are unlikely to get much if anything over MSRP.

With 2017s already on the ground the market for both will get softer if they continue to allow supply to swell.

Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
A lot of dealers could have sold these 2016s for $5K over long ago and now they are unlikely to get much if anything over MSRP.

With 2017s already on the ground the market for both will get softer if they continue to allow supply to swell.
The only 'sensible' reason they're holding onto them is a strong belief, or good information held tightly to their chest, that Ford isn't building the GT350 2018MY.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The only 'sensible' reason they're holding onto them is a strong belief, or good information held tightly to their chest, that Ford isn't building the GT350 2018MY.
Yeah there may be a blip up in demand/price at the end. I also think some dealers bought them from other dealers I think at that point they are less motivated to sell.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but I just don't get the economic logic of that though. If I was a dealer trying to maximize profits I would have started dropping ADM in the spring so that my 2016s were gone when the 2017s landed. Then, start back over with a high ADM on 2017s (maybe hoping that there won't be a 2018).

Once production is finally over, the 2015s will be the most valuable, 2017+ next, and then 2016s (because of option packaging/cooler issues). Believing that 2016s will ever be worth over $70K in the the near future seems foolish.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Yeah, but I just don't get the economic logic of that though. If I was a dealer trying to maximize profits I would have started dropping ADM in the spring so that my 2016s were gone when the 2017s landed. Then, start back over with a high ADM on 2017s (maybe hoping that there won't be a 2018).

Once production is finally over, the 2015s will be the most valuable, 2017+ next, and then 2016s (because of option packaging/cooler issues). Believing that 2016s will ever be worth over $70K in the the near future seems foolish.
I dont see why the 2015s will be more valuable unless they are a R. I know there are less 2015s but they are identical to the 2016s(maybe if you have the first one)

I think you will have Rs and non Rs with newer cars being more valuable then older ones.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont see why the 2015s will be more valuable unless they are a R.

I think you will have Rs and non Rs with newer cars being more valuable then older ones.
Just purely based on the scarce production #s of 2015s my guess is that they will command some type of premium. Maybe it won't be much and I could be wrong but first year models tend to be more valuable.

Point is, I could see the 2015 being held on to for collector value and maybe the 2017s if that is indeed the last year. But 2016 being the middle year doesn't benefit from any such marketing if a dealer was trying to get a few extra bucks.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Gt350
Even if the 16s are not the most sought after they will still be desirable there are a lot more Shelby admirers out there than cars being built therefore they will always hold if not increase in value. That being said it will all depend on weather or not 17 is the last year. All bets off if they continue production past 17, then you can look at the GT500 as the guideline of what our cars will do.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I dont see why the 2015s will be more valuable unless they are a R. I know there are less 2015s but they are identical to the 2016s(maybe if you have the first one)

With all due respect I do not know how long you have been a Mustang enthusiast or an MCA member but if you feel that the 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350 Track Pack and Tech Pack cars are of the same value as the 2016 cars then I really don't know what to say.

History has shown that the first year of production for any limited edition and high horsepower performance cars typically command the highest value.

I am sure that Mark Fields the President and CEO of Ford new exactly what he was doing when he asked many Ford enthusiasts to sign off on the 2015 cars with respect to resale and of course the same will be happening with the upcoming Ford GT.

Certainly the most sought after Pony cars of all time are the '65 GT350 and the '67 Camaro Z28 which are first model year cars. In addition both of these Pony cars were produced in very limited numbers thus the most valuable from a pricing standpoint. Much the same with the MKl, MKll and MKlll AC Cobra's starting back in 1962 and of course the 1953 Corvette falls into this category as well.

With Ford only producing 50 Track Pack cars and 50 Tech Pack cars for the 2015 MY compared to ~1300 Track Pack cars and ~3400 Tech Pack cars for the 2016MY it is hard to imagine each of these model years to be of the same value.

We have all witnessed 2015 Track/Tech Pack cars go for anywhere from $115K to $148K within the last 8 months and I certainly don't see the 2016 cars heading in that direction.

Where the 2015 cars will settle in the future with respect to value it is anyone's guess but you can be rest assured it will be well ahead of the 2016 cars without question?

:cheers:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
With all due respect I do not know how long you have been a Mustang enthusiast or an MCA member but if you feel that the 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350 Track Pack and Tech Pack cars are of the same value as the 2016 cars then I really don't know what to say.

History has shown that the first year of production for any limited edition and high horsepower performance cars typically command the highest value.

I am sure that Mark Fields the President and CEO of Ford new exactly what he was doing when he asked many Ford enthusiasts to sign off on the 2015 cars with respect to resale and of course the same will be happening with the upcoming Ford GT.

Certainly the most sought after Pony cars of all time are the '65 GT350 and the '67 Camaro Z28 which are first model year cars. In addition both of these Pony cars were produced in very limited numbers thus the most valuable from a pricing standpoint. Much the same with the MKl, MKll and MKlll AC Cobra's starting back in 1962 and of course the 1953 Corvette falls into this category as well.

With Ford only producing 50 Track Pack cars and 50 Tech Pack cars for the 2015 MY compared to ~1300 Track Pack cars and ~3400 Tech Pack cars for the 2016MY it is hard to imagine each of these model years to be of the same value.

We have all witnessed 2015 Track/Tech Pack cars go for anywhere from $115K to $148K within the last 8 months and I certainly don't see the 2016 cars heading in that direction.

Where the 2015 cars will settle in the future with respect to value it is anyone's guess but you can be rest assured it will be well ahead of the 2016 cars without question?

:cheers:
I think you have collectors and Enthusiasts. I think collectors will go after Rs. That's the big dog. Collecting a 2015 base tech or track to me doesn't make sense.

We will see long term. The majority of buyers won't pay more for a identical car based on model year

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I think you have collectors and Enthusiasts. I think collectors will go after Rs. That's the big dog. Collecting a 2015 base tech or track to me doesn't make sense.

We will see long term. The majority of buyers won't pay more for a identical car based on model year
Collectors have already gone after the 2015 cars and yes they will go after the R models in 2016 and 2017 as well.

I am very fortunate to have a 2015 Track Pack car along with 2016/2017 R models and I know that if I took them all to the same auction that the 2015 Track Pack car would command the highest price of the three.

In fact I believe it was at Mecum in Indianapolis in May where a seller took a 2015 Tech Pack car along with a 2016 R model and if I recall correctly the 2015 Tech Pack car sold for somewhat more than the 2016 R model. Those results in Indy pretty much back up my suggestion with respect to the 2015 cars and the R models.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Collectors have already gone after the 2015 cars and yes they will go after the R models in 2016 and 2017 as well.

I am very fortunate to have a 2015 Track Pack car along with 2016/2017 R models and I know that if I took them all to the same auction that the 2015 Track Pack car would command the highest price of the three.

In fact I believe it was at Mecum in Indianapolis in May where a seller took a 2015 Tech Pack car along with a 2016 R model and if I recall correctly the 2015 Tech Pack car sold for somewhat more than the 2016 R model. Those results in Indy pretty much back up my suggestion with respect to the 2015 cars and the R models.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
It will be interesting if that holds over time there seems to be a bubble in the car collectors market (all cars not this)
Sponsored