Texas Speed (TSP) Headers

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
IMO fitment, sound, and quality are more than good enough for the money spent. Also for the record the o2s are routed up top of mid pipe for us e85 guys. ;) tsp ftw
I didn't know th O2s were in a safe location for E85 on these. That is great news! Making my decision on who to go with eventually much easier.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I didn't know th O2s were in a safe location for E85 on these. That is great news! Making my decision on who to go with eventually much easier.
Yes I looked under there while changing my oil since I had a shop install them and fitment looks really good perfect clearance all the way around. And yes the o2s are at the top of the mid pipe. ;)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Looking forward to your sound clip videos after you give your Mustangs head... a'hem I mean headers. HEADERS, not head. Sorry... haven't had my coffee.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have to laugh at the fluid dynamics comment, while true it does come into play with flow characteristics, I have built and seen built many sets of headers( for class record holders), and not one chassis house that I know of thinks about fluid dynamics. They build the header to fit the custom chassis. Now they will build them with some guidance, ie length, number of bends etc, but I have yet to see any of them farm it out to a fluid dynamics engineer. These companies piece together a header to fit in a certain space, no more. If they had to research the flow for each design, the cost of the header would be 4500-5000, not 700-1500.00. I bet each header makes power within 1% of each other, if it's the same size tubing and general design, which most of these headers follow anyways.
This.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
IMO fitment, sound, and quality are more than good enough for the money spent. Also for the record the o2s are routed up top of mid pipe for us e85 guys. ;) tsp ftw
My O2s are in the same spot. I have the rears plugged and turned off though and the fronts are tipped up on an angle so they can drain. I'm filling up with E-85 on Sunday and putting in my a E-85 race tune I've been working on. :D

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Yes I looked under there while changing my oil since I had a shop install them and fitment looks really good perfect clearance all the way around. And yes the o2s are at the top of the mid pipe. ;)
I wonder if TSP upgraded their design. The installer of the first set I heard of being installed (just slightly before this thread) stated that the 02's were not in the "right" position to run e85 without fouling the sensors.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am all about top end products, but If these can get a performance connect by spring, I may buy them over ARH.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I wonder if TSP upgraded their design. The installer of the first set I heard of being installed (just slightly before this thread) stated that the 02's were not in the "right" position to run e85 without fouling the sensors.
If they upgraded their design by eliminating the extra welds in the pipes, i.e. make it one piece, I would be all over these.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if arh h pipe will fit my Borla catback and tsp long tubes?

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have to laugh at the fluid dynamics comment, while true it does come into play with flow characteristics, I have built and seen built many sets of headers( for class record holders), and not one chassis house that I know of thinks about fluid dynamics. They build the header to fit the custom chassis. Now they will build them with some guidance, ie length, number of bends etc, but I have yet to see any of them farm it out to a fluid dynamics engineer. These companies piece together a header to fit in a certain space, no more. If they had to research the flow for each design, the cost of the header would be 4500-5000, not 700-1500.00. I bet each header makes power within 1% of each other, if it's the same size tubing and general design, which most of these headers follow anyways.
I dare you to find where i said they pay for the testing in their designs. I have seen speed shops pay for that kind of testing of arh tested against others TSP being ome of them. I respect that youve made great headers (world record holders doesnt make them fast btw, it could be in some slow 9 second or slower bracket). I dont pretend to have ever made a set. What i have seen in the circles i frequented that ARH typically was king. Like i said i couldnt give a damn what headers anyone runs. I just was correcting misinformation. The real issue here is people are touchy about their cheap chinese sourced headers and other budget branded headers. Its been that way for the longest time on forums. It doesnt matter to them that i said TSP are decent budget headers. The fact of the matter is If you want the best in all regards non custom fabbed and yadda yadda, you buy ARH. This coming from a guy thats only ran one set of ARH headers in my life. The rest have all by turbo manifold types.
You would:lol:

The level of butt hurt in this thread from those that cant handle some truth is staggering. Get over it folks. Tsp is a really great deal for what you get. They get the job done well for someone that doesnt care about winning or being the fastest with their mods, just the average joe that likes to have a little fun once in awhile. I never tried to take that away. But to compare TSP to arh or kooks is sad and hilarious. My biggest reason for watching this thread was because i suggested them to a friend(before the thread was made) much like you all (on a budget, didnt care for the best, just wanted great for the price) and i was curious on the results since he doesnt care for forums. You know, because im such a brand snob.

Im unsubscribing from this thread, the mentality in here hurts my head. Have a nice weekend folks.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol always love reading mustang guy reply. Thanks brotha I'm happy with the tsp. Yes not the best but the best for the price and they get me pretty close gains to the top of the line ones of course they're not going to be the most gains but pretty close half the cost

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Only ARH does that not even Kooks or SW everyone else uses welded segments. Seems nice but not worth an extra $1000 to me.
Kooks uses one piece pipes as well. If you look at videos of both ARH and Kooks there's a machine that bends the pipe, really no need for extra welds. Makes me wonder why other companies don't do this. One piece piping looks good, but there's more benefit than just cosmetic.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I dare you to find where i said they pay for the testing in their designs. I have seen speed shops pay for that kind of testing of arh tested against others TSP being ome of them. I respect that youve made great headers (world record holders doesnt make them fast btw, it could be in some slow 9 second or slower bracket). I dont pretend to have ever made a set. What i have seen in the circles i frequented that ARH typically was king. Like i said i couldnt give a damn what headers anyone runs. I just was correcting misinformation. The real issue here is people are touchy about their cheap chinese sourced headers and other budget branded headers. Its been that way for the longest time on forums. It doesnt matter to them that i said TSP are decent budget headers. The fact of the matter is If you want the best in all regards non custom fabbed and yadda yadda, you buy ARH. This coming from a guy thats only ran one set of ARH headers in my life. The rest have all by turbo manifold types.

You would:lol:

The level of butt hurt in this thread from those that cant handle some truth is staggering. Get over it folks. Tsp is a really great deal for what you get. They get the job done well for someone that doesnt care about winning or being the fastest with their mods, just the average joe that likes to have a little fun once in awhile. I never tried to take that away. But to compare TSP to arh or kooks is sad and hilarious. My biggest reason for watching this thread was because i suggested them to a friend(before the thread was made) much like you all (on a budget, didnt care for the best, just wanted great for the price) and i was curious on the results since he doesnt care for forums. You know, because im such a brand snob.

Im unsubscribing from this thread, the mentality in here hurts my head. Have a nice weekend folks.
Nobody is "butthurt". You know, ever since that phrase came out everyone misuses it whenever a debate occurs. It's a discussion, one where there are going to be different opinions. Not everything is a result of being "butthurt". And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them butthurt either. Sheesh, forums these days are all just a bunch of grown men talking about hurt butts...WTF.

Anyway, nobody is saying that the budget headers are comparable to the top brands in every aspect. Most people who have bought TSP, OBX, and SP have quite honestly mentioned that they are not the same quality. But I will argue to the teeth that as far as performance is concerned, there isn't any significant difference between brands. If anyone doubts that or wants to challenge that then I say get your top brand headers, I'll get a set of cheapies, and lets hit a dyno. I know a few shops in my area that charge about $100 for 3 runs. That is if I don't change my mind for any particular reason and get a set of the top brand headers. The only difference you'll see between TSP and ARH will come down to the quality, finish, and attention to details. ARH does lots of R&D to make sure their headers fit as perfect as possible. I'll give them that. But people who buy TSP don't care about stuff like that. At least not enough to pay an extra $1000 for it. It isn't to knock anyone who does. But when it comes down to performance, that extra $1000 won't get you anything significant if anything at all.