blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
He's not sold on the ESS "hype".
That's fair enough. Just wondering if there's something that makes Procharger better (maybe just their proven track record)?

No wrong choices if you are doing a max-effort drag build. Centri, PD, turbos... all will deliver MORE than you could imagine.

For a street build/occasional track day, PD blower or turbos with lots of cooling. Centri is boring AF on the street. Sorry... my experience with one SUCKED. Belt slip all the time, no power at all until 5k rpm, LOUD ass bypass valve ALWAYS open unless you are WOT. Pass!

Flame suit on. lol
For me, driving a manual 600+ torque PD blown car on the street was a total buzzkill. No street legal tire in the world will hook on an shitty road surface with that much low end power. I know it's a driver issue at the end of the day, but trying to launch from anything under 30mph was such a pain in the ass that it was just no fun half the time.

Turbos are definitely the endgame build, but they also have a lot of cost, complexity, cooling concerns, and all for the torque curve to kick in suddenly and end up shredding the tires anyway.

To each their own for sure, there's no wrong way to go with boost. Just trade offs. But I love centris because they're simple, easier on the drivetrain, and give you a chance to get rolling before they kick in.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
For me, driving a manual 600+ torque PD blown car on the street was a total buzzkill. No street legal tire in the world will hook on an shitty road surface with that much low end power. I know it's a driver issue at the end of the day, but trying to launch from anything under 30mph was such a pain in the ass that it was just no fun half the time.
PD blower with torque-by-gear FTW!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Genuine question - why would Procharger have been the better choice?
The procharger a higher quality kit. In these economic times, cost is important. Therefore I understand rolling with the more economical choice.

Sponsored

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
Ive never heard anyone say this, ever. Buzzkill? Come on, mang!

You needed better tires bud!
Had NT555RIIs, lots better than stock but still couldn't hook below 30 except on a hot summer day. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If you'd start making this an option, I'm quite certain there's plenty of people who would jump on board.
@mejohn50 will gladly show anyone with PCMtec exactly how to do it, just like I posted exactly how to boost fuel pump voltage without a bap a few days ago.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
@mejohn50 will gladly show anyone with PCMtec exactly how to do it, just like I posted exactly how to boost fuel pump voltage without a bap a few days ago.
Anyone who is truly interested in this can see the basics of what I’ve done here. If anyone wants to go deeper than that, I’m always open to a DM to talk more specifics. It’s not that what I’m doing is secret, it’s that there are details that would need to be worked through in order to make it all function correctly.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It will be a TON easier on parts
Really ? IF xx horsepower with 12:1 requires 8lbs of boost, and the same engine with the same xx horsepower but with 9.5 requires 12lbs of boost, how exactly is 9.5 easier on parts ? Off boost the engine really doesn't give a shit, but will be more efficient with the higher CR. Lower CR you'll need more timing. Then you'll need different cam adjustments, then, then, then.

We're not talking 6-71 blowers here which put a massive amount of heat into the engine ha-ha.