OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Oh, that I know. My '15 GT started life as a 300A with absolutely no options but the previous owner installed (without programming, which I ended up having to do myself with this thread's help) the Sync3 setup that's in there now. I was just saying that my wife tries to adjust the control on the passenger side and it displays a temperature change but doesn't actually do anything.
Placebo šŸ˜‚
ā€œHoney, Iā€™m hot. I need to turn this thing down!ā€
ā€œ Go right ahead, Dearā€
Sponsored

italianfroboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
My Base to Sync 3 swap was done by myself but all parts were ordered by hell horse performance. The issues Iā€™m having is with my climate controls, I have heat on all temps. I was wondering if thatā€™s a programming issue.

nintari

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Just received a 2015 Mustang from my father who bought his early on release and later tried to purchase an aftermarket radio which seems to be either MFT or sync 2 but has a ton of issues and things that need re-setup...but overall does not do what I want it to do (android aut) so I thought it best to start fresh and get a Sync 3 kit

I am currently looking at this kit from ali express.... had anyone ordered this specific kit? it looks to be everything I need and I apparently have to message them with my vin to help program the unit before it is sent out.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801713144455.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Nintari,
Looks like a fraudulent posting. The setup pictured for $189 usually sells for at least $1000-$2000. I paid $900 for one from China two years ago and eveything is still working fine.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
@nintari just go with @HextallS550 you won't be disappointed.
If the previous owner of my '15 GT hadn't already done the conversion I would have gone with @HextallS550 as well. He's been super helpful figuring out the weird setup issues from the previous owner not knowing what he was doing and he really didn't have to.

nintari

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Figured it was worth a shot and orderd through paypal so I could cancel a bit easier. After purchase I messaged the seller my VIN year and etc.... to which they asked if I wanted the rest of the kit as this was for just the harness. I simply told them to cancel the order as the listing said it had the whole kit and all the parts, I thought this could possibly be old stock they were trying to get rid of... and if this was an incorrect listing then they needed to remove the listing showing just the harness.

Either way it was worth a chance I've had stranger deals happen so... time to move on.

I need to read through a lot of this thread to start getting ideas of what couldn't be hooked up or configured properly.

I'm going to see if I can just shoot a video one day showing whats in my dash now and how it is (or isnt) hooked up. To sum up:

All phone and Sync Functions are in (what i assume is) chinese. I've used my phone (google lens) to do live translations of what was on screen and can not find a single place anywhere to change the language. Changing the language through the Dash menu makes no changes to the radio either (chinese isnt an option on dash either). All language on screen for EVERYTHING ELSE is in english. But the Phone and Sync Sections both display and speak Chinese.

Time and Date do not stay set, temperature is displayed in celcius and I Can not find a way to change it to farenheight.

Every time I switch from Park to drive, or from reverse to drive the radio screen goes blue and I have to wait about 30 seconds to hit the menu OK button to make the main menu appear.

nintari

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Forgot to also mention another symptom, the climate controls through the screen do not work and can not be accessed. If I turn dials or press buttons it shows on screen but I can't touch to control and it goes away quick.

As to which version Heh... Welp I don't exactly know lmao since I seen it wasn't going to do android auto I focused elsewhere lol but I do need to keep this one limping along until I decide which route I want to go (I say that as I'm the type who has learned to be patient as deals always come up).

I'll attach a few pics but this kit had a screen, harness, faceplate w/ buttons....
My dad ket the 4" "stock" radio and sent it But I only have one of the (crap forgot what it's called so if I butcher this I'll correct it) apim? And it's installed? No extra one.....also no change to the hub

This kit was also odd in it has a micro SD to the left of the screen for the igo navigation side.

OS Screen is the 4 panel grid with yellow red green and blue quadrants. I'll attach the few rough pics I have.

20230313_115447.jpg

20230313_120054.jpg

20230313_120057.jpg

20230313_120312.jpg

20230313_120318.jpg

20230310_074837.jpg

20230309_141311.jpg

20230309_141145.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thatā€™s just a cheap Chinese touchscreen interfaced with a stock Sync 1 APIM, ACM, and bezel. Itā€™s not MFT. Why not just call us and get Sync 3.4? We donā€™t charge anywhere near what our competitors charge and we offer the closest thing you can get to an official swap from Ford. Working at Roush and Ford has given us a huge advantage and our kits are actually engineered systems produced to an OE level.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
I bought a complete upgrade kit to sync 3 for my base car, and I managed to get everything hooked up. The grey and black usb wouldn't fit to the AIPM because the female connection on the new AIPM female connection had plastic parts in the way but I managed to cut them and it fits perfectly. With everything hooked up, the hazards will turn on using the new bezel, but the ignition button will not work. Should I disconnect the grey usb since you mentioned it will not be used? For now, I will not be using apple carplay since I don't have the HU5Z here yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to start the car

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Iā€™m not sure who you bought that kit from but it should have included new USB cables. The way you have it connected isnā€™t correct. You also purchased an old APIM (2016 or 17) which are known to have issues. I hope you received some kind of warranty.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Iā€™m not sure who you bought that kit from but it should have included new USB cables. The way you have it connected isnā€™t correct. You also purchased an old APIM (2016 or 17) which are known to have issues. I hope you received some kind of warranty.
I purchased the parts only, no conversion connectors or anything. I reused my stock USB connections. I believe it is a connection issue but I don't know. I'm not sure which connection gives power

Edit: I think it is an issue with the bezel? I disconnected everything. Plugged in my stock bezel and found this plug (attached image) is what gives power to the ignition button because I can start the car with that one plug connected. When I plug this into the premium bezel, and I push the ignition, nothing happens.

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Iā€™ve seen a lot of people have issues with used bezels if they were stored improperly or had water intrusion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.