SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
hey guys, anyone know what to change on the apim to get the moving lines when reversing. I recently upgraded to a new apim and the lines don't move when turning the steering.
Appreciate it
Sponsored

JoeyIsLifted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone! Not sure if this is the correct place to leave a vouch, but it seems pretty fitting.

Received my DIY kit this morning from Hextall and the install was a breeze. The harness is really good quality with braided wires (I believe) and everything is marked clearly on the wires as well as the packaging. I had a bit of a hiccup during installation trying to find out if I needed to use the 3 pin connector, so I sent Hextall a message and he responded very quickly allowing me to get back to the install (didn’t want to start putting everything back together without knowing if I was missing a connection.)

For anybody new to the forum seeing this, buy with confidence. As someone who isn’t good with wiring, it seriously couldn’t have been any easier.

TampaThom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
hey guys, anyone know what to change on the apim to get the moving lines when reversing. I recently upgraded to a new apim and the lines don't move when turning the steering.
Appreciate it
Check your setting for 7D0-01-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx. X (capital) should be A to enable reverse park assist.

Wondermuffin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I recently did a sync 3 swap and have sync 3.4. However, I noticed I don't have climate control and was wondering if anyone had the forscan codes. I have a base 2020 mustang gt

Sponsored

Steviefingers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD OR, 1996 240sx, 2022 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I recently did a sync 3 swap and have sync 3.4. However, I noticed I don't have climate control and was wondering if anyone had the forscan codes. I have a base 2020 mustang gt
I just installed sync 3.4 on my 2020 base GT and noticed the climate controls are super funky now. For instance if i have the climate control set to 62 degrees it blows out warm air, but if i set it all the way to LO it then kicks over to cold.

Anyone else have these issues? Is this something i need to change in FORSCAN?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Let your mechanic check your hvac system. I had this once and after investigation of the issue we found a faulty hvac compressor.

Steviefingers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD OR, 1996 240sx, 2022 Mustang GT
Let your mechanic check your hvac system. I had this once and after investigation of the issue we found a faulty hvac compressor.
Worked perfectly fine before i swapped to Sync 3.4 and its a brand new car with less than 1000 miles. Once i toggle it down to LO the Air is freezing cold, but is warm until i toggle it all the way to LO.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just finished my Sync 3 swap and I'm trying to fix my low volume issue, get the hazard light switch to function properly and enable drive modes. I couldn't get the drive modes to work right so I set it all back to factory using the as-built data file I downloaded. Now none of the buttons on my bezel work at all except the power button. Can't change the volume, A/C settings, traction control, nothing. The touch screen itself functions normally as do the steering wheel controls. Any idea what went wrong?

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just finished my Sync 3 swap and I'm trying to fix my low volume issue, get the hazard light switch to function properly and enable drive modes. I couldn't get the drive modes to work right so I set it all back to factory using the as-built data file I downloaded. Now none of the buttons on my bezel work at all except the power button. Can't change the volume, A/C settings, traction control, nothing. The touch screen itself functions normally as do the steering wheel controls. Any idea what went wrong?
The issues you were having were all easily fixable with forscan. Hopefully you made a copy of the file before going back to the original as built. Based on an earlier post, it sounds like you bought a kit. I would reach out to that person for help.

Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I purchased a kit from Hextall and I was indeed using FORscan. Thought I’d give the programming a shot since I don’t have my Excel sheet yet but it seems like I’ve only succeeded in disabling my bezel.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'd ask @HextallS550 for the spreadsheet again...he tailors those based on your specs.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wow, you are braver than me as trying to do this without the spreadsheet is flying blind! Here is the spreadsheet I have. I believe it is the most current.

EDIT - More information

Required programming:
1. Hazards operation in the BdyCM (BCM)
a. BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0
2. Drive modes enable in ABS and IPC (analog only).
a. GT Performance Package: ABS 760-02-02 xxxx 7x
b. GT without PP: ABS 760-02-02 xxxx 3x
c. EcoBoost or V6: ABS 760-02-02 xxxx 1x
d. 2018+ EcoBoost: ABS 760-02-02 xxxx 3x
3. Drive modes enable in IPC (analog only)
a. 2015-2018 IPC 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8
b. If the step above doesn’t work try this. IPC 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx 98
4. ACM Audio Fixes (Phone calls not working fix)
a. ACM 727-01-01 9xxx xxxx xx (ONLY For base ACM, no SXM/HD)
b. ACM 727-01-01 xx0x xxxx xx (ONLY If upgrading to SXM/HD - amp audio fix)
5. Enable HD Radio (only if adding HD Radio Receiver)
  1. APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx3 xx

Optional Programming:
If you have an issue with low volume make this change in the ACM if not already made.
ACM 727-01-01 xx0x xxxx xx
Factory NAV owners - if the compass is backwards check this in the APIM.
Manual Transmission: 7D0-01-02 xx9x xxxx xxxx
Automatic Transmission: 7D0-01-02 xx0x xxxx xxxx

Attachments

Last edited:

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hey thanks! I figured I'd be alright because everything had been working flawlessly aside from the drive modes/hazards/volume. Unfortunately this might be something else. I'm getting
Code: U0256 - Lost Communication With Front Controls Interface Module A

I can't think of any codes I changed that would've caused that...

sicnhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have been reading on this thread for a few days now and pulled the plug and ordered everything I need, minus the harness. I noticed in a video I watched regarding this conversion the original post by Hex had the information on the harness, but it appears that has been removed. I have went through all 140 pages and have not found the harness information, except for a spreadsheet on the pins. I have the crimpers I need, wire, shrink tubing, and nylon braiding as I have made numerous vehicle harnesses in the past. I am just needing the part numbers for the connectors, pins too would be great but I can find those from the connector numbers, and possible rough dimensions of the harness if at all possible please and thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.