5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
He's in the middle of building a new site. As @thecloneranger suggested, send him a PM and he will go through exactly what you want to accomplish. He helped me in pretty much my entire audio setup (see sig).
Sponsored

rice.rockets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rice
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2020 base GT and want to upgrade to the 8inch screen. I understand I should buy a 2019+ Gen4 APIM for this swap.

Can I purchase an APIM and screen from another model? say a ranger
KS7T-18B955-SA
LB3T-14G370-NCE

I know I might need brackets, also if it works, how much programming will be needed?

Thanks!

TampaThom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I have a 2020 base GT and want to upgrade to the 8inch screen. I understand I should buy a 2019+ Gen4 APIM for this swap.

Can I purchase an APIM and screen from another model? say a ranger
KS7T-18B955-SA
LB3T-14G370-NCE

I know I might need brackets, also if it works, how much programming will be needed?

Thanks!
I have a 2020 APIM if you are interested. You do not need brackets because it mounts to the back of the screen. I also have the ACM brackets if that is what you meant.

Last edited:

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
This shouldn’t cost $1500+. Just sayin.

Sponsored

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
After adding everything up it’s $1200-$1500.
Am I missing something.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
After adding everything up it’s $1200-$1500.
Am I missing something.
It depends on where you’re buying parts and what you’re buying. New parts will cost more, parts that aren’t Chinese copies will cost more, adding Sirius or HD Radio or factory NAV will cost more..
Most of my customers are able to convert for below $1000.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I plan on upgrading my wife's V6 from the 4" to the 8" with NAV.

I've got a couple of questions while I wait for HextallS550 to get back to me.

I'm not keen on the panel with the chrome buttons on the lower part of the panel - which panel would be for the V6, and if its the chrome one is it possible to de-chrome it?

One of the main reasons why my wife want the upgrade is to have the built in NAV - the 7" Garmin is cumbersome - does the system come with the latest NA maps?

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

I'm not keen on the panel with the chrome buttons on the lower part of the panel - which panel would be for the V6, and if its the chrome one is it possible to de-chrome it?

One of the main reasons why my wife want the upgrade is to have the built in NAV - the 7" Garmin is cumbersome - does the system come with the latest NA maps?
For the panel itself, there is also a Recaro and non-Recaro bezel. The difference is that the Recaro version doesn't have the heated/cooled seat buttons. Which you cannot make work if you don't have the associated seats. In most cases you want the Recaro version, unless you don't care about having buttons that don't work.

If you mean the chrome toggle switches at the bottom, the only other one I have seen is the GT350 version and it has the dark chrome. I don't believe there is anyway to de-chrome them without jeopardizing the switches no longer working and they are necessary for hazard light, drive modes, steering modes and traction control.

Nav is dependent on the APIM (touch screen and processor attached to it). They are made with and without nav. If it is without, it is not upgradeable without changing the whole unit. I went without it as I use Waze and Apple Car Play that comes with the later units. You also have to upgrade the USB Hub, but most of the kits provide that. Lastly, you can choose HD radio as an option as well.

TampaThom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost

I have the GT350 console control panel and the switches look to be a similar material as the rest of the buttons on the panel; not chrome at all. Here's a picture of the original eBay listing. The only thing is, the labels are for the GT350 so instead of my normal switches, I have one labeled LC (launch control) and one for active exhaust.

1616413526196.png

TampaThom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Don’t use GT350 bezels on EB, V6 or GT. The trim colors don’t match (they aren’t silver, they’re bronze) and the firmware is different.
The trim on mined does match and is working fine, except for the toggle for LC and exhaust mode. I am still trying to get them to work with the normal EcoBoost settings, but everything else works perfectly.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Look at it closer... it’s bronze. It should be silver/chrome.

The different firmware is related to those switches. They don’t send the same information on the CAN bus.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.