Not open for further replies.

RbStang22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Did you plug in the black connector to the back of the ACM? I forgot to do this at first and the radio was all static. It's easy to forget because it doesn't have a very long wire. Edit: this is the antenna for the radio, it's different than the two multi-pin connectors.

Did the hextall harness come with a GPS antenna? It should plug into the APIM (screen) with the blue connector.
Yes I plugged in the old black connector to the ACM next to the SAT antenna but I’ll have to verify hopefully I goofed on that. blue FAKRA is
connected to the APIM

The harness did not come with a GPS I used the one mentioned a few posts up.
Sponsored

Crew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 3.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I checked on this thread - has Harness By Hextall gone out of business? I've been waiting on buying an install harness from them, but their website is down and not seeing a lot of activity here.

If they're gone, what is everyone using now for their harness for the swap? I have a 2017 base 4" and already purchased an APIM, bezel and touchscreen unit out of a 2018 GT, and want to work on installing it over the winter.

Thanks!

Greenerict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2016 Ford Explorer
Been a while since I checked on this thread - has Harness By Hextall gone out of business? I've been waiting on buying an install harness from them, but their website is down and not seeing a lot of activity here.

If they're gone, what is everyone using now for their harness for the swap? I have a 2017 base 4" and already purchased an APIM, bezel and touchscreen unit out of a 2018 GT, and want to work on installing it over the winter.

Thanks!
I texted and PM'd hextall but never got a response. I went with a plug and play harness from ebay for ~$160. The connector to the FCIM (bezel) was missing some pins so the seller is going to send a new part this week.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't want to say anything overly negative about Hextall with all of his contributions to this thread, so let's just say my experience was not good.

After moving on, I found Breeves002 on this forum and couldn't be happier. I bought the whole kit for a 4" to 8" upgrade. The cable is an all in one plug and play and he was very responsive to emails and shipped quickly. I had everything up and running within a couple of hours.

https://breeves002.net/

Crew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 3.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to say anything overly negative about Hextall with all of his contributions to this thread, so let's just say my experience was not good.

After moving on, I found Breeves002 on this forum and couldn't be happier. I bought the whole kit for a 4" to 8" upgrade. The cable is an all in one plug and play and he was very responsive to emails and shipped quickly. I had everything up and running within a couple of hours.

https://breeves002.net/
Awesome! I had been looking at that one, and wasn't sure it would be quite the same, but I appreciate the firsthand feedback. I'll get in touch with them!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Harness By Hextall LLC is NOT out of business. My work at Ford has pulled me away from this thread and the day to day business for an extended period of time due to the issues with Covid and the delays it has caused in our new product development.

While the competition is sitting around copying my stuff and selling people questionable equipment I’ve been quietly making contacts with the people who designed and engineered these products. Obviously my access goes much deeper than any aftermarket company can.

The website is undergoing a complete rebuild and I am awaiting final approval on our application to Ford to become an official Ford Upfitter as well as a Motorcraft PRN. These certifications if you will, combined with my agreement with Roush to assist in the production of harnesses mean that Hextall will produce the best quality product at the most cost effective price relative to what you’re buying.

For the record what Sam Reeves sells is a cheap copy of my stuff that he stole. For those who aren’t aware Sam is a former customer of mine. I was never comfortable with his business tactics though and was not surprised to see he and the Hellhorse Performance guy trying to undercut everyone with products that do not meet the same standards that I will have to as an Upfitter and PRN.

If anyone needs help the fastest way to reach me is 614-725-9410, call or text.

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Question I did the sync 8inch swap on a 2020 and now the Ford pass app shows my car is in deep sleep mode and the remote start don’t work. Any tips or tricks ?? Thanks in advance

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Question I did the sync 8inch swap on a 2020 and now the Ford pass app shows my car is in deep sleep mode and the remote start don’t work. Any tips or tricks ?? Thanks in advance

Try removing the vehicle and delete the app and install app and see if you can add vehicle and it can communiate with the modem.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
1. What APIM assembly did you install? (Engineering number would help the most)
2. Where’d you get the data you populated into the APIM and the other modules?

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Don’t have engineering number. Got it out of a 2018. And only changed some of the as built data for drive modes

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
First issue is that you should never backdate your car. You will miss out on features that you should have. 2019-21 cars should only use APIM assemblies from 2019+. That’s why our 2019+ kits only use the Recaro bezel and APIM assembly from 2019/20.

Second issue is that even if you pull an APIM from a Mustang of the same year, there are changes to that data that must be made on a swap car.

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
First issue is that you should never backdate your car. You will miss out on features that you should have. 2019-21 cars should only use APIM assemblies from 2019+. That’s why our 2019+ kits only use the Recaro bezel and APIM assembly from 2019/20.

Second issue is that even if you pull an APIM from a Mustang of the same year, there are changes to that data that must be made on a swap car.
Any suggestions on what should be done ?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

I will be texting you as well on Tuesday. Have a great weekend.

Dave

Jennings1066

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ecoboost 6m pp
Ok I did some more research and trying with Forscan. I cleared now U0238, B10B5 and B10B6 but I have still the two solar sensor error.
Can anybody help me with these?

Thanks
How were u able to clear the u0238 code?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.