Not open for further replies.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
It cuts off when I turn the vehicle off, I have the remote hooked up to accessory so it turns off correctly when I turn off the vehicle... No noise... Only when radio off and car on sounds like a faint radio signal... So weird...
PM me your complete setup details and I'll help you out as far as I can.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm pulling the Sync 3 swap out of my '17 Base car - I'll be swapping the entire SYNC 3 swap into a '19 Base (300A) GT 6 speed. Am I on the right track if I use the AS BUILT data from '19 301A GT 6 speed to write into the base '19 - as far as APIM etc?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If you don't care about the newer bezel then I would suggest you simply add the 2019 APIM. Although for people who do want the newer style bezel we are putting together a group buy for them to see if it lead them to release them faster. As of now the 19 Recaro without CD slot has been on back order since March.
Any updates on this? I sent the email to get on the list but havent heard anything else other than asking my forum name

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any updates on this? I sent the email to get on the list but havent heard anything else other than asking my forum name
Yes, I have your info and your name is on the list. I am just waiting for an invoice from Ford to start collecting payments from customers.

I will also post an update soon as it relates to the future of Harness by Hextall products due to my new position with Roush at Ford. There are a few things I will not be able to continue selling.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Yes, I have your info and your name is on the list. I am just waiting for an invoice from Ford to start collecting payments from customers.

I will also post an update soon as it relates to the future of Harness by Hextall products due to my new position with Roush at Ford. There are a few things I will not be able to continue selling.
Hopefully its not APIMS/screens lol

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any issues with the GPS on Android auto? I just did my Sync 2 - sync 3 upgrade and I'm having issues with google maps in Android auto. It seems like the map lags at times and then takes a second to catch up. It also doesn't seem to have an exact lock on the car and thinks I'm on the service road when I'm actually on the highway. I did unplug the GPSM that came stock with Sync 2 which resolved my digital dashboard's compass freaking out but google goos still seems to be freaking out. Would driving around in circles help fix this? Anyone have a process to follow to calibrate the nav.

Also for what it's worth I have a non-nav APIM

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
My Google Maps via AA is always trying to turn right.... a bug that I've tried to report, but they don't seem to care....

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I think the reason that AA map goes haywire is because of the bumps on the road the cellphone's gyro compass gets confused, especially if your phone is not laying flat completely or fixed upright. The google map in AA uses both information from the car's GPS/Compass data and the phone gyro and once those data point don't align they cause some map spins and disorientation.

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Bbbzt.. nope... it will do it while I'm sitting at a stop light.... 8)

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My Google Maps via AA is always trying to turn right.... a bug that I've tried to report, but they don't seem to care....
Well I just actually ended up getting a 3.4 APIM and with the ~10 mile trip I just took on its maiden voyage it seemed to behave well. Hopefully it stays that way.

By the way, for those considering doing a Digital Dash upgrade as well, I'd highly suggest going with the 3.4 APIM as it will show you some NAV details on the digital cluster that isn't usually available on the non-nav APIMs. See my image below to see what I mean.
20191009_112346.jpg

Sponsored

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Hmm, don't have the digital dash, but then I'm a Hybrid (not avail for me), but I also don't have that on the right side... I'm thinking of looking into Forscan to see if I can add it...

Jo3f1sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had an issue with the GPS accuracy starting correctly, but then going WAY off the reservation after driving for a bit? Basically, it has me in the correct location when I'm at home, but by the time i'm at work 7 miles away, it has me in the middle of a nearby lake. It also seems to show me traveling much faster than I really am. This is after upgrading from Sync 2, and using the GPS antenna under placed near the center speaker. I've checked my signal strength, and I'm getting good levels all the way across. I've ordered a 4D Tech GPS model, but I'm not holding out much hope. I just re-formatted with Sync 3.4, and the latest 1.18 maps.

Any ideas?

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
When you say you put it near the center speaker, you mean on top of the dash, or inside?

Could be the antenna , hope the new one works.... might be a PITA, try it on top of the dash...

Jo3f1sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Inside the housing next to the GPSM module. I didn't remove the GPSM module, so not sure if that's what affecting it.

As an update, my APIM came from a GT350, so I changed the ASBUILT data for:
7D0-07-01
7D0-07-02
7D0-07-03

I used the values from a 2017 GT Premium with the same 255/40/19 size tires (non-PP). No difference. At anything under 30mph it's fairly accurate, but anything over and it's way off. Waze and Google Maps are un-affected.

I'm hoping the different GPS antenna fixes it. I'll also remove the GPSM module while I'm in there.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
You gotta remove the gpsm module,remove its mounting plate and stick the gps to that plate and mount it where the gpsm was. You won’t the gpsm module anymore
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.