SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
What module controls the reverse sensor beep in the cabin? I followed the settings for RSS in here on my 2019 but it no longer beeps. I’m pretty sure I have everything else set since drive modes and the hazard toggle work fine. I have a base with the reverse sensors. No other options other than performance pack.
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never mind, it started working.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Sorry for the noob question but if I don't care about sync and just want to upgrade my 4" screen with an 8" one with navigation, can I swap in the non-sync 8" unit that some premium mustangs have? Is this possible, and if so would this route be cheaper than the sync 3 swap? I don't care about sync 3 or drive modes or android auto or sirius or any of that stuff, I just want an 8" screen with navigation at the cheapest possible price.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the noob question but if I don't care about sync and just want to upgrade my 4" screen with an 8" one with navigation, can I swap in the non-sync 8" unit that some premium mustangs have? Is this possible, and if so would this route be cheaper than the sync 3 swap? I don't care about sync 3 or drive modes or android auto or sirius or any of that stuff, I just want an 8" screen with navigation at the cheapest possible price.
The 8” screen is sync 3 on all 2016 and up mustangs and you can’t have the 8” screen without having sync 3. 2015 had MFT(my ford touch)

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
From which vehicle?
You are in the know as I can see. Question to follow. 2015 Mustang GT. Replaced MyTouch system with Sync 3. Installed programmed to my 2015 a 2017 donor APIM. Updated the software program to v3.0 build 18093 using vin of the donor. All has been well. Currently, Ford website says no update for the donor car. There is an update for the 2015. JR3T-14g381-AS Previously after the install I acknowledged to Ford the update had been completed via the website and the USB as Ford required. I have wondered if Ford has attached Sync 3 and removed MY Touch to my VIN. I have chatted with Ford CS and have been unable to determine if this update is good for me or will brick the system.
Your Ideas?

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are in the know as I can see. Question to follow. 2015 Mustang GT. Replaced MyTouch system with Sync 3. Installed programmed to my 2015 a 2017 donor APIM. Updated the software program to v3.0 build 18093 using vin of the donor. All has been well. Currently, Ford website says no update for the donor car. There is an update for the 2015. JR3T-14g381-AS Previously after the install I acknowledged to Ford the update had been completed via the website and the USB as Ford required. I have wondered if Ford has attached Sync 3 and removed MY Touch to my VIN. I have chatted with Ford CS and have been unable to determine if this update is good for me or will brick the system.
Your Ideas?
JR3T-14g381-AS is a sync v3.0 update.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Ok so I finally had the time to read through this topic. Thanks to everyone for all the info you have added to this topic.

For my 2019 base with 4" screen, all I need are these 3 things:
1) ford sync 3 apim (this can come from any ford/lincoln, there are nav and non-nav versions)
2) 8" sync 3 screen, this can also come from any ford/lincoln
3) premium bezel, this obviously needs to come from another mustang

None of the other stuff mentioned in the first post (harness, usb hub, gps antenna, etc) are necessary for a 2019. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Question: Will any premium bezel from any 2015+ mustang (except the GT350) fit in my 2019? (I understand that if it has the heated seats buttons, those will obviously be non-functional, but I don't care).

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I finally had the time to read through this topic. Thanks to everyone for all the info you have added to this topic.

For my 2019 base with 4" screen, all I need are these 3 things:
1) ford sync 3 apim (this can come from any ford/lincoln, there are nav and non-nav versions)
2) 8" sync 3 screen, this can also come from any ford/lincoln
3) premium bezel, this obviously needs to come from another mustang

None of the other stuff mentioned in the first post (harness, usb hub, gps antenna, etc) are necessary for a 2019. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Question: Will any premium bezel from any 2015+ mustang (except the GT350) fit in my 2019? (I understand that if it has the heated seats buttons, those will obviously be non-functional, but I don't care).
Correct.

Sponsored

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Not any screen will work, just like on the Fusions there are regular and recessed screens.. not sure what the Mustangs would need, so be carfull on what you get

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not any screen will work, just like on the Fusions there are regular and recessed screens.. not sure what the Mustangs would need, so be carfull on what you get
Wrong. The screen being recessed or not is totally dependent on the bracket that is installed on the screen. The only screens that wont work are the MFT screens.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Brackets needs differ per application. My brackets transferred from the My Touch screen that was removed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.