Sponsored

SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm about to start my install, but had a quick question. What are you guys using to solder the wires in the car? Are you using something cordless or just a regular corded iron?
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I'm about to start my install, but had a quick question. What are you guys using to solder the wires in the car? Are you using something cordless or just a regular corded iron?
i have a butane powered cordless one...

Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
GT350

i have a track pack gt350 with the base 4.2 screen i do not believe there are any differences than a standard mustang but wanted to verify before i get into the project...I see that guys are using forscan...i am already using my port for my ngauge..please advise on if i need forscan....i am not going to run sat or hd radio... is there a way to get pre amp outputs? and can you keep the gt350 screen intro when i do the swap? Thanks everyone :cheers:

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
i have a track pack gt350 with the base 4.2 screen i do not believe there are any differences than a standard mustang but wanted to verify before i get into the project...I see that guys are using forscan...i am already using my port for my ngauge..please advise on if i need forscan....i am not going to run sat or hd radio... is there a way to get pre amp outputs? and can you keep the gt350 screen intro when i do the swap? Thanks everyone :cheers:
I thought you had all of this stereo stuff figured out? I remember you.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Subscribing, if anyone has an APIM and Screen for my 2015 premium MFT nav equipped Mustang to Sync 3 with nav, LET ME KNOW. On another note, does my wifes 2015 Edge need anything other than a Screen, APIM and media hub?

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Sync 3

Call The Parts Farm. They should have a few more Sync 3 APIMs w/Nav in stock. I got mine from them two weeks ago.

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Hi HextallS550! I just received my two wires to the hub. In your instruction, the grey wire goes to the left port in the hub, but my grey wire only fits the right port, and my black wire fits the left one. Are these two ports switchable?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hi HextallS550! I just received my two wires to the hub. In your instruction, the grey wire goes to the left port in the hub, but my grey wire only fits the right port, and my black wire fits the left one. Are these two ports switchable?
My apologies. My craptastic drawing is reversed. Here's a screenshot from the vid that Brett and I shot showing proper orientation

IMG_1851.png

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
My apologies. My craptastic drawing is reversed. Here's a screenshot from the vid that Brett and I shot showing proper orientation

IMG_1851.png
No worries! I'm glad I'm fine. I've collected all parts, and I'm doing it next week. Again awesome info and write-up! :cheers:

TX5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the middle of doing my install but I had a couple questions about the wiring. I'm specifically referring to the what is being called "The smaller ACM connector" and the "GPSM Pin" on the pin-out sheet. I'm not seeing the color of the wires listed, GY/BU or WH/BN, on the smaller ACM connector. Also, where exactly am I pulling the GPSM pins from? I've added a couple pics to show what I'm referring to. Also, the GPSM is the box mounted in the second picture correct?

Thanks
20170924_122644.jpg
20170924_115031.jpg

TX5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, what is the best/easiest way to release the terminals from the APIM connector to swap them around?

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I'm in the middle of doing my install but I had a couple questions about the wiring. I'm specifically referring to the what is being called "The smaller ACM connector" and the "GPSM Pin" on the pin-out sheet. I'm not seeing the color of the wires listed, GY/BU or WH/BN, on the smaller ACM connector. Also, where exactly am I pulling the GPSM pins from? I've added a couple pics to show what I'm referring to. Also, the GPSM is the box mounted in the second picture correct?

Thanks
The only thing i had to do at the acm was add 2 wires for SAT.

the GPSM has a grey.. and a violet that you need to take out..those are your MS-CAN wires.... make sure the wires stay connected... i made the mistake of just using one grey and one violet and i broke up the MS-CAN network and the panel wouldnt work.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.