SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
2018 Bezel cost is $415 plus shipping :tsk: Guess a '15-'16 will suffice...
Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade completed!
Broke a few blue clips so I ordered a bunch of spares. Might have been a too cold in the garage.

Other than that it went smooth as can be. Everything works including NAV!

Thanks again to HextallS550 for the usb adapter cable for the Hub and the great info detailed in this thread!
IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade completed!
Broke a few blue clips so I ordered a bunch of spares. Might have been a too cold in the garage.
I broke a few clips too and I did mine in the summer, so don't feel bad.

Where did you get your clips? I only ever found what looked to be knockoffs from fleabay.

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I broke a few clips too and I did mine in the summer, so don't feel bad.

Where did you get your clips? I only ever found what looked to be knockoffs from fleabay.

There are 2 clip types. One is Blue and one is yellow. Tasca parts has them.

The yellow clips are definitely these:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-clip-w717661s300

The (edited, I originally said blue) white ones should be these based on the description on the page:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...p-w714972s300/?c=aT1NVzE2NDEwNSZyPWxheWVyXzEw

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Top tip: preheat your car before attempting! I actually fared worse last spring, I broke a clip on my PP gauges. I knew I was going Whipple though so I have an EB gauge set in reserve.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I am still on the lookout for sync 3 with nav.. Pretty hard to find for decent price.

Also would like to find a faceplate without the heated and cooled seat buttons. Bunch on ebay, but scratched all up on the face or broken toggles and such..

Last edited:

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I guess I was over excited to get it done!

I only broke 2 Blue ones and no yellow but bought some just in case I ever do other work and need some. Just like the spare battery cover retainers that fall into the engine bay, never to be seen again!

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am still on the lookout for sync 3 with nav.. Pretty hard to find for decent price.

Also would like to find a faceplate without the heated and cooled seat buttons. Bunch on ebay, but scratched all up on the face or broken toggles and such..
I checked car-part.com daily and opened my search up to nationwide search.
It's winter so there are wrecks everywhere.

I paid $438 for one out of a 2017 wreck shipped to NH from Spalding Auto Parts in Spokane, WA. It was my second attempt. The first one was local but had gouges in the screen.

They are out there! Just make sure that it is NAV. I got the VIN and went to the service department at my dealer and they verified.

I can tell you that on my 2017 part the APIM part number with KCA at the end is a NAV APIM. In particular the "C" is the important indicator.
IMG_0863.jpg

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I checked car-part.com daily and opened my search up to nationwide search.
It's winter so there are wrecks everywhere.

I paid $438 for one out of a 2017 wreck shipped to NH from Spalding Auto Parts in Spokane, WA. It was my second attempt. The first one was local but had gouges in the screen.

They are out there! Just make sure that it is NAV. I got the VIN and went to the service department at my dealer and they verified.

I can tell you that on my 2017 part the APIM part number with KCA at the end is a NAV APIM. In particular the "C" is the important indicator.
Awesome find...:cheers:

I think I have found one on car-part pro out of 2017 Mustang. First time I have used this site to purchase a car part, so hopefully it works out. I went to their site and purchased the unit as I was afraid somebody else would find it and pick it up before me.

The listing it says RADIO and in the description it says CD NAV CPE GT. The picture on their sit clearly shows a 8" touchscreen radio in the vehicle and looks from what I can tell in good shape. I have the VIN number and my nephew is mechanic at the local Ford, he plans to run it for me Monday to let me know that it had nav as an option.

So I hope it works out!!

Now I just need to find a faceplate with hopefully the heated and cooled seat buttons deleted and all the other bits and pieces... lol

My plan is to swap my base unit out to the sync 3 w/nav and then look at doing the digital gauge swap in my 17.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
If that one is Cunningham, I can verify that it is NOT nav. I called about it last week.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
If that one is Cunningham, I can verify that it is NOT nav. I called about it last week.
It is.. dang it..

The description says nav, wtf..

I went ahead and purchased based on the description, as I didn't want it to get away.
Screenshot_20180127-133955-720x1480.png
CPC2926_744821-1600x1200.jpg

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's always best to call. I got the VIN and the part number for mine and that made all the difference.

Sometimes it is hard, thinking that it might get away. There are thousands of '16 and '17 Mustangs out there so it's not likely that they will stop showing up in salvage yards because of some mishap.

Hopefully they have a return policy and you will only be out shipping costs.

That being said, I only held out for NAV because my '15 came with it and I often find myself in less than optimal cell areas for google or apple maps.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
It's always best to call. I got the VIN and the part number for mine and that made all the difference.

Sometimes it is hard, thinking that it might get away. There are thousands of '16 and '17 Mustangs out there so it's not likely that they will stop showing up in salvage yards because of some mishap.

Hopefully they have a return policy and you will only be out shipping costs.

That being said, I only held out for NAV because my '15 came with it and I often find myself in less than optimal cell areas for google or apple maps.
It is, I had been looking for a few weeks now and came across it. I had read the description, looked at the picture and thought... wow.. what a find.

I guess I will double check it with the VIN on Monday and will most likely give them a call and cancel the order.

Sucks... why put nav in description?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.