Not open for further replies.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Good stuff, appreciate it. Trying to get it from hextall whenever he has the time.
Yep, I ordered mine from Hextall.
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Sweet. So I basically just follow the guide that’s here on the thread correct?
Not quite sure, haven't gotten the equipment yet. I've torn my dash apart before to install an aftermarket unit that lasted 5 years and died. The video on how to disassemble the dash and remove the base radio will be helpful to watch; there will apparently be some changes using Forscan as well. I think the whole process will be similar to tear down and install of after market units.

Twice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Not quite sure, haven't gotten the equipment yet. I've torn my dash apart before to install an aftermarket unit that lasted 5 years and died. The video on how to disassemble the dash and remove the base radio will be helpful to watch; there will apparently be some changes using Forscan as well. I think the whole process will be similar to tear down and install of after market units.
gotcha. Will definitely look up YouTube videos on it.

Which unit did you use last time? Was it the infotainment on American Muscle?

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Ask @HextallS550 for the PDF instructions (not made public) - that on its own should be all you need, but the YouTube videos will good to watch as well.

Sponsored

Twice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Ask @HextallS550 for the PDF instructions (not made public) - that on its own should be all you need, but the YouTube videos will good to watch as well.
cool. I’ll definitely ask @HextallS550 about the pdf. Thanks fellas. Appreciate the info. Can’t wait to finally get rid of that ugly 4 inch screen.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
gotcha. Will definitely look up YouTube videos on it.

Which unit did you use last time? Was it the infotainment on American Muscle?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/in-stock-new-sync3-theme-navigation-from-moddiction.53508/

It was Moddiction unit, I think, at the time it was about $600 (and included a Nav system, not great, but OK); it worked pretty well for me (a couple small glitches here and there) for about 5 years but then I started getting random freezes/reboots and scrambled screen, about 2 months ago. I started looking at replacements, which were in the $2K range, so I put the base unit back; then I saw this thread and how many members were happy with Hextall's setup (and uses factory Ford equipment, no less, plus CarPlay) and I was sold.

Last edited:

fr33zex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fr33zex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just updated from 4 to 8 and am having trouble activating my ford pass. It gets stuck on activation pending with the error "sorry there was an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on 2020 mustang. please try again later".

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I just updated from 4 to 8 and am having trouble activating my ford pass. It gets stuck on activation pending with the error "sorry there was an error and we were unable to complete your request to change authorization rights on 2020 mustang. please try again later".

I answered this in the other thread you posted. You need to do the authorization with the original 4" screen first. Then do the conversion. If you had it working before hand I don't know what to say. I would reach out to Tom Hextall. My Ford Pass works even after the conversion.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone heard from Thomas at Hextall recently? I heard he tested positive for COVID, and hope he's doing OK.

Sponsored

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Anyone have any input. I upgraded my acm to use xm radio and it won’t work. It shows up on screen shows Chanel but won’t let me change them and won’t show the esn number for it

nm_mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I'm assuming that the ACM is from a 2020 mustang. All 2020 and newer Mustang ACM's are using the SiriusXM radio. Prior years ACM used the Sirius radio. These newer SiriusXM radio include the 300+ channels. I have a 2015 mustang which has a Sync 3 upgrade. Wanting the extra SiriusXM 300+ channels I purchased a HD ACM from a 2020 mustang. After installing new ACM I was experiencing the same problems. No response when touching SIriusXM Icon and no Siriusxm. Searched Internet and found from a F150 wiring diagram that two additional wires from the ACM (240a) to the APIM (C2383a) must be installed when using a 2020 and newer ACM. DRDL_TX+ C240A pin 5 to APIM pin 27, and DRDL_TX- pin 4 to APIM pin 28. Everything is working fine. Hope this can help you and others that install a newer ACM into 2019 and older mustangs

Attachments

esilva5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I did a swap from 4.2” to 8”. Got the adapter harness, hooked it all up. I cant click on the Media button, or play music off my phone. No radio either. Everything else works fine

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I did a swap from 4.2” to 8”. Got the adapter harness, hooked it all up. I cant click on the Media button, or play music off my phone. No radio either. Everything else works fine
Where did you buy it from?
Who's adapter harness?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.