Sponsored

swap digital dash for an analog?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There is a LONG thread about swapping an analog dash for digital. I see no reason it wouldn't work digital to analog.

ForScan will let you set the mileage, as long as the cluster you are installing has less miles than the one you are removing. IE you can raise the miles on a cluster but cannot lower the miles.
Yep - go here and inquire; I'm sure it can be done and as was previously stated above, you would definitely need Forscan to make some tweaks:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-digital-cluster-installation-guide.99275/
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
My 2021 401a GT/10speed auto car has analog gauges with centre digital mid. Also has the safe and smart with adaptive cruise, lane keep assist , auto wipers and high beams and forward emergency braking. Can't answer the retrofit question but the combo you want does exist. Digital dash is not my cup of tea either.
You must have a UNICORN. According to Ford the 12” Instrument Cluster was included in the 401A Package

IMG_8826.jpeg

OP
OP

cognum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Just get rid of the car for one that has analog. You may end up screwing yourself financially if you replace the gauges and the odomoter throws an error. A friend of mine did the f150 "plug and play" dash kit and his odometer now reads "NA" on both clusters. He figured it was just an error so took it to the dealership, they flagged it as not actual in the ford database/carfax report. They also advised him that there's no reversing it, as he put mileage on the car without the original odometer cluster and altering it would be illegal. His resale is now in the dirt.
Thats what I'm afraid of, I'm not attached enough to the car yet to lose most of its value. I'm looking for base models. I want to get a convertible again because I didn't enjoy this one. Dont know if they come with analog dash though. Didn't see any while I was looking for this one.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Have you tried a slight tint over the gauge cluster? Maby some polarizing film? the tint may shift the color to something warmer if you get the right one.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Have you tried those glasses you wear when you work I front of a computer screen all day? Maybe that would work for this as well.

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
You must have a UNICORN. According to Ford the 12” Instrument Cluster was included in the 401A Package

IMG_8826.jpeg
You are correct. Mine is a 400a. Has leather with the cs interior suede and red stitching upgrade. Apologies.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
GT Premium 400a package has analog dash. My 2022 GT Premium Coupe had 400a with analog dash. You can get 'Safe/Smart' pkg to add advanced cruise control if you want.

I didn't want the digital dash and I had no problem finding Mustangs with analog dash.

Edit to add: I would think swapping in analog dash on your current car would greatly devalue it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Can a 2020 gt digital dash be swapped for an analog one without losing functions?

The digital dash lighting gives me a head ache and I was thinking of selling the car and getting a 2018 with analog dash, but I like the auto steer and brake. Can I retrofit an analog dash in or will I lose these functions?
Did any 2020+ cars come with analog dash?
Simple answer NO totally different architecture input & output data gathering & display.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OP. I see you list the UK in your info........sadly, for you, all UK 2018+ come with the digital dash and there is no "base" car, unless you go for a pre-facelift model (2015-2017)

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Sad... I also love the analogue dash cluster of 15-17. I had so many doubts what should I get and almost passed on the M1 for an older model... Thank God I did not select the dash instead of the car, but I do really miss it :(

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Edit to add: I would think swapping in analog dash on your current car would greatly devalue it.
Can always swap it back when time to sell

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Thats the best news I could have got ! Going to start looking for one tonight.
Mu 19 gt premium with 401a has analogue excep for what gear your in
I don't like bright gauges so turn down the brightnes knob which can kill the brightness if needed

OP
OP

cognum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Have you tried those glasses you wear when you work I front of a computer screen all day? Maybe that would work for this as well.
I've tried a lot of different filters. Blue blockers, fl41 and grade 1 welding filters help for short journeys under 20 mins, then after that I had problems.
Do you know any brands? I had to start using a projector for work, I can't use an lcd screen. My phone is Eink, I appreciate not many people have this problem, appreciate the suggestions.

OP
OP

cognum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Mu 19 gt premium with 401a has analogue excep for what gear your in
I don't like bright gauges so turn down the brightnes knob which can kill the brightness if needed
We wanted a convertible to see what thats like and see if we enjoy it. I haven't seen any with analog dash so far.
it may be that I need to do this conversion in the end. We do really like the autosteer and braking now that we're used to it as makes long distance almost care free, so have to see if this can be done without screwing it up somehow.