Sponsored

Suspension Mods for a Newbie?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So those end links are one of those "don't-need-to-replace-unless-it's-broken" parts
except they might as well be made of half-cooked spaghetti. Jax Automotive (Herndon) has a bucket of bent end links caused by the installation of stiffer roll bars.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Lower a PP car, while keeping the front bar’s sticky bushings, and the OEM end-links will bend for sure. Farewell to the bar’s bushings too.

Aftermarket end-links also give mounting options; I ran mine on the inside of my Steeda bar for more clearance.

OP
OP

Boxxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Jax Automotive (Herndon) has a bucket of bent end links caused by the installation of stiffer roll bars
No wonder Jack suggested replacing the end links!

Now I'm split between Steeda IRS Brace and BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout kit. I like BMR because you're replacing a part with a stronger part instead of adding additional parts. The way i see it, BMR lockout is comparable to IRS brace; BMR centering sleeves is comparable to Steeda Alignment kit. The only thing missing from that equation is Steeda subframe bushings. So,
  • Steeda IRB Brace + subframe bushings + alignment kit costs less than BMR lockout kit + centering sleeves + Steeda subframe bushings.
  • Steeda IRS Brace + subframe bushings costs more than BMR lockout kit + centering sleeve
Question is: do subframe bushings alone do that much? If not, then I'll go with BMR.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've used both and sold the CB005. I was totally surprised what the IRS braces actually did. If you look at them installed it looks like they were designed by Ford.

If you go the CB005 route you will still need the bushing supports and you will need the CB762 to get the same chassis feel.

The BMR is mild steel and the Steeda is chrome moly and lighter.

Strength wise there is no real difference.

Either way will help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Boxxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The BMR is mild steel and the Steeda is chrome moly and lighter
Chromoly is the same stuff used for bicycle frames. That should be adequate as a brace. Looks like I'm learning towards Steeda!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
  • Steeda IRB Brace + subframe bushings + alignment kit costs less than BMR lockout kit + centering sleeves + Steeda subframe bushings.
  • Steeda IRS Brace + subframe bushings costs more than BMR lockout kit + centering sleeve
The other option is:
Whiteline drop-in IRS bushing inserts + Steeda IRS brace + Steeda alignment dowels (Delrin)

You're welcome to drive my car and see how you like the BMR CB762 setup.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I was curious about the 762 and called BMR. I was told I wouldn't feel any difference between that and the IRS braces.

(I like honest companies)

Two ways to skin the same cat.

So I think the slight weight savings tips the scale toward Steeda.

YMMV

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I looked at Steeda's black friday pricing, pretty decent savings.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do you also have the CB005 installed?

If the CB762 is used with CB005, then cost savings tips the scale towards Steeda too, well, until their sale ends.
I prefer the look and what seems to be quality of the bmr cb762 and cb005 over steeda..hence why i went with it. Im sure they both do pretty much the same thing..but when reading reviews of people that tried both..they seemed to like the bmr more.

Wont be wrong with either. Just choose your flavor.

OP
OP

Boxxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Im sure they both do pretty much the same thing..but when reading reviews of people that tried both..they seemed to like the bmr more.
I think they basically do the same thing except with subtle differences. There's people who claim Steeda is better and others who feel that BMR is better. I suppose they each have their own fanboys. I'd really like to have a mix of each but with the holiday sales, I had to go with Steeda and I already placed my order.

Maybe down the road, I'll get BMR sway bars and end links.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I think they basically do the same thing except with subtle differences. There's people who claim Steeda is better and others who feel that BMR is better. I suppose they each have their own fanboys. I'd really like to have a mix of each but with the holiday sales, I had to go with Steeda and I already placed my order.

Maybe down the road, I'll get BMR sway bars and end links.
True. I prefer bmr for the irs braces. Steeda has other parts id choose over the bmr variant.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
When I asked BMR about the 762 they said I wouldn't notice a difference between the two.

I like the steeda because they are chrome moly, triangulate the mounting points and give a place for a jack or jack stand.

BMR is a straight line and mild steel.
Sponsored