Suspension Mods for a Newbie?

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I'm new here and have 2019 Mustang GT base with 301A. My first mustang and it's my daily driver and I don't think I can go back. I was coming from a Miata and miss cornering, spirited driving on the backroads with twisties. I don't have a place to install the parts myself so I figured I might as well as get these parts installed by a shop at one time, since they'll have to lower the subframe anyway.

Steeda minimum drop lowering springs
Steeda vertical links
Steeda subframe alignment & subframe bushings kit (or does BMR SCB766 & CB010 do the same thing?)
Steeda sway bar end links (front and rear)

I'll get a K-brace would be later down the road since that's an easy bolt-on. Sway bars would be even further down the road.

Not sure if getting Steeda subframe braces or BMR CB005 will help or be overkill for a street car.

But do you recommend the differential bushing or is that overkill? Anything that I should consider getting installed first? Any of the above not necessary for my needs?

Thanks!
Well, you're getting a lot of great technical advice from some pros, but let me just relate to you that way back in the early 70s I had a 68 Fiat Spyder that had an engine about as powerful as a sewing machine, but it was incredibly low to the ground, and cornering was a delight. I have never driven a Miata but suspect it is a similar experience in this regard - plus about three times more HP. So here you are with, what, 250% more HP than your Miata? That must be exhilarating, to say the least. I bought a 2015 GT convertible a couple years ago and did what my "performance artist" suggested - which included lowering it about 1.5 inches. It makes a HUGE difference in handling. So, your money will be well spent dropping it down a bit. But as some of the experts have already said, you can throw a lot of money at this "issue" without necessarily getting an appropriate return. Have fun.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
That spyder was also about 2000 Lbs lighter than the GT

The first Dealer I worked at sold them, yes they were a fun car, when they worked.

petronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
1972 Vette, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T, 2000 Miata, 2017 Escape
I have a 2019 Bullitt with Magneride and a well worn 150k mile 2000 Miata. They are both a blast to drive for very different reasons. About 1500 pounds of reasons.

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I was unaware the K braces were so important. I planned on getting the ford track suspension, steeda min drop springs, billet mounts,, BMR front sway. Now I'm thinking I should be getting the font K bracs as I don't want a floaty feel. I've also been debating LCA bushings.

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
That spyder was also about 2000 Lbs lighter than the GT

The first Dealer I worked at sold them, yes they were a fun car, when they worked.
You are SO right! I learned that FIAT stood for "Fix It Again, Tony" soon enough.

OP
OP

Boxxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had a 68 Fiat Spyder that had an engine about as powerful as a sewing machine,
I had 79 MGB that was a blast to drive until the Lucas electronics became a pain to deal with. The Miata was a great little car too but it didn't have A/C or other comforts; plus it literally became a rag top.

About 1500 pounds of reasons.
Weight was one reason I got a Mustang. Driving a Miata high up the Appalachian mountains on a strong windy day wasn't a good feeling. When I took the Mustang on same route on a similar windy day, it was like "what wind?" As a daily, I don't the Mustang as fast as I did the Miata; I think I drive slower not because I'm getting older, but so I can hear more of that Coyote growl.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Thanks for the replies!

Music to my ears!

I thought about the tower brace. Some say it tightens up the front end while others say it doesn't do that much but it still looks good and wouldn't hurt. I like it and I can install it easily out on the parking log. Just focused on those parts that need a bay and lift/jack stands since a shop will do the install.
I have a pp1 gt and it came with the tower braces. I put a Vmp Odin on my car. I can Honestly say I wish I could put a brace on it again. I miss it. So the best way is to buy a steeda k brace or bmr for underneath the vehicle around the same area below the vehicle. Get lowest weight for the best price always!!

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why wait to upgrade dampers and pay for labor twice? The Steeda springs are GT350 rates in the front and halfway between GT and GT350 rates in the rear - they will be better matched to the Ford Performance dampers than the stock GT ones. BMR CB005 for the rear cradle and call it a day.
From what I’ve learned the highest possible back spring rate for the back. For weight transfer and to put the power to the road+Grip!! Grip is the most important thing right after power!!

Sponsored

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey man..there are about a million springs out there. Ive been studying this stuff non stop the past month or so, otherwise i wouldn't remember any of them either probably lol. Completely understand.
I agree. Not all springs are similar. I think H&R sport springs are about the best to buy. Only thing sucks is there spring rates are classified. But boy do they work! Extremely well!! Everything ride weight. Comfort. And performance. I just want to kno the rates. Those damn Germans are really good at what they do!! Porsche 911 turbo S anyone??

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those same people said the b6 is better at low speed than the ford performance..and more comfortable on the street.

I prefer mono but i guess that can be personal preference
Can’t u get the ford performance track struts as mono tube? From what I’ve experienced, they are really good for the price. There’s a reason why they are always out of stock!! They have very good original Valving!!!

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lower a PP car, while keeping the front bar’s sticky bushings, and the OEM end-links will bend for sure. Farewell to the bar’s bushings too.

Aftermarket end-links also give mounting options; I ran mine on the inside of my Steeda bar for more clearance.
H&R Front and rear sway bars are better built then and other sway bar!! Plus they come with a proprietary sway bar bushings with specifically designed grease.. Rhey are amazing!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
From what I’ve learned the highest possible back spring rate for the back. For weight transfer and to put the power to the road+Grip!! Grip is the most important thing right after power!!
This is totally not the case. Higher spring rates in the back past some point will make the car oversteer on corners exit and throttle applications. This is very dangerous combining with a lot of power.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is totally not the case. Higher spring rates in the back past some point will make the car oversteer on corners exit and throttle applications. This is very dangerous combining with a lot of power.
I’m on my third spring set… What do I know?.. The stiffer rear spring has been the best with my current setup. Every setup is different. I can only speak to mine.. 👍
Sponsored