Sponsored

Suspension Mods for a Newbie?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think H&R sport springs are about the best to buy. Only thing sucks is there spring rates are classified. But boy do they work! Extremely well!! I just want to kno the rates.
we ALL do. So please take yours to a suspension place so they can measure the rates for us. :)
The stiffer rear spring has been the best with my current setup.
the issue isn't that high rear rates are "dangerous" it's that TOO high rates are. I have Steeda dual-rate rear and when pulling hard out of an arc I can start to feel a hint of the rear starting a sideways tendency. It actually feels kinda good. I haven't broken the tires loose and I probably have a MILE to go before it actually is a problem but I suspect Steeda was trying to offer the driver some degree of ability to steer the rear with the throttle.

FWIW Ford has gone back below 800lb/in in the Mach 1.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
we ALL do. So please take yours to a suspension place so they can measure the rates for us. :)

the issue isn't that high rear rates are "dangerous" it's that TOO high rates are
This is my point as well I'm on 800 lbs rear and I think they are perfect for what I do with the car. Obviously this depends on the front rate a lot but if your front is soft more rear spring will create oversteer situations which might be dangerous or not depending on the driver.

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
I'll link up here because I'm also planning to make modifications for a tighter front/rear axle.
However, I will drive the car during winter in salty conditions. So due to the vulnerability to corrosion, I would like to avoid the Steeda parts as much as possible and go with BMR.

Do any of you have experience with BMR in terms of workmanship, quality of powder coating.

Here is my idea for a setup based on the Magneride suspension (without lowering springs):

* Front and rear sway bars from H&R
* BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - CB005
* BMR 4-point Chassis Brace - CB006
* BMR IRS Subframe Support Brace System - CB762
* BMR Bushing Kit, Rear Cradle, Centering Sleeves - SCB766
* BMR Spherical Vertical Links - TCA045

Sponsored

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Whats the advantage except being cheaper? I see they got a grease nipple,
do they need regular greasing?

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bearings are for drag racing so the suspension can slam all the way to it's limits. It's said that some resistance is desired for DD and road course. Yes you're supposed to lube from time to time.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Suspension mods... hummm...

Get a lift kit and turn that pony into a baja!

1674064183848.png

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT (Roush Supercharger)
I've got less technical knowledge that most of the posters on here, but my advice to newbies would also be to look into the ford performance street handling pack and track handling pack. I went with the Track Handling pack and it made a world of difference. It's not nearly as "fine tuned" or adjustable as many other kits, in fact there isn't much to adjust at all, but it does give a firmer, more planted feel that is not too rough for the streets but definitely stiffer than stock and an inch lower. As a person of lesser technical expertise myself, I wanted a kit that someone who knew what they were doing (like a ford engineer, or person at Steeda) put together.

snowtx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
After reading the entire post, I assume that the OP has a coupe. Any suggestions for a non-PP GT convertible?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After reading the entire post, I assume that the OP has a coupe. Any suggestions for a non-PP GT convertible?
Rinse lather, repeat. You have more junk in the trunk but the calculous is the same.
Sponsored