Supercharger Surge Help!

MD_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium w/ Performance Package
Is relocating the MAF a viable option here? Plastic welding isn’t difficult. Seems to me that the airflow should typically become less turbulent as you move further away from the source of the issue.
Many, if not all, tuners would highly advise against that.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Many, if not all, tuners would highly advise against that.
What they would acvise against is placing the MAF on a bend, near a bend or in a location where the diameter of the tube is different from the original.
Personally I think it’s the tune.
But, for those who think it’s disruption of airflow, moving the MAF to a less turbulent area is an obvious solution.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
VMP sent me a new revision which greatly reduced my surging while cruising. The other thing that seemed to help was changing my grille. I went from the California special to the Cervinis C-series. Now I hardly notice any surging.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
VMP sent me a new revision which greatly reduced my surging while cruising. The other thing that seemed to help was changing my grille. I went from the California special to the Cervinis C-series. Now I hardly notice any surging.
That's good to hear!
The tune I guess is the remedy to such issue! what back it up is you and others like me who has the aftermarket grille yet they don't notice any surge.
Mine is on revision now and trying to find out what causes the stall at the stop then we will move to wots.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
That's good to hear!
The tune I guess is the remedy to such issue! what back it up is you and others like me who has the aftermarket grille yet they don't notice any surge.
Mine is on revision now and trying to find out what causes the stall at the stop then we will move to wots.
My Cobra can occasionally want to stall at a stop. The RPM bounces around a little until it settles. If I keep it in gear until almost stopped it wont do it. I think it is due to MAF turbulence with the after market K&N FIPK. This turbulence is mostly an issue with the throttle is almost closed. Any variance in air when there is very little air going into the engine makes a big difference.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
While I'm not supercharged, I did modify my grill opening and my 120mm MAF housing did not like that at all. Surge city. I since put a 18+ factory air box on, and 100% of the surge is now gone. No changes to the tune.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Woul
While I'm not supercharged, I did modify my grill opening and my 120mm MAF housing did not like that at all. Surge city. I since put a 18+ factory air box on, and 100% of the surge is now gone. No changes to the tune.
Would you mind posting some pics please? especially the opening!
Thanx
Sponsored