Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Any tuners want to chime in? Is this something that happens quite often with this type of SC?
Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
Any tuners want to chime in? Is this something that happens quite often with this type of SC?

it actually stems back to the factory calibration. for whatever reason some cal ids do iti and some don't. for example you can have a FSGK1 and it will surge its ass off. flash the car to a FSGM0 and apply the SAME tune and it will drive perfect.

also the intercooler has effect on it. the HO intercooler will surge way worse than the stage 2. the reason the PD blower dont do it stems back to the PD being a draw through vs the PC being a blow through.

i have 99% of all the surging figured out in all cal ids at this point. so yes its 100% tune related. there is NO hardware issues with procharger at all. its just the blow through TB is harder to tune and takes extra time. if any of you guys have diablo tools let me know and i can help.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
So educate me here. I’m considering the P-1X down the road and already decided against Lund for reasons unrelated to this thread. Question is: what’s wrong with the tune from procharger. Is it because it’s more conservative and /or most people already have a Lund? And what is ProCharger’s stand on this issue?

I tried to make the procharger tune work because I was looking to stay emission's compliant and was ok leaving a little power on the table for that simple reason. Procharger sent me multiple revisions but they were never able to make the mid throttle surging go away. I finally reached out to LUND, bought their tuner and their tune which made a huge improvement and made the car fun to drive again. However I do occasionally get the bucking being described here but it's not bad enough to really bother me. I must say, I'm curious why Prochargertec hasn't chimed in yet?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
it actually stems back to the factory calibration. for whatever reason some cal ids do iti and some don't. for example you can have a FSGK1 and it will surge its ass off. flash the car to a FSGM0 and apply the SAME tune and it will drive perfect.

also the intercooler has effect on it. the HO intercooler will surge way worse than the stage 2. the reason the PD blower dont do it stems back to the PD being a draw through vs the PC being a blow through.

i have 99% of all the surging figured out in all cal ids at this point. so yes its 100% tune related. there is NO hardware issues with procharger at all. its just the blow through TB is harder to tune and takes extra time. if any of you guys have diablo tools let me know and i can help.
Looks like I'll be reaching out to you [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] for a tune if I go the Procharger route ;)

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

I'm assuming mine is tune related too. My previous tune was fine. I wouldn't think teeing off the BOV vac line to add a fuel pressure regulator would cause the BOV to not work properly and then have surging.

Sponsored

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had a very good conversation today with a very reputable vendor/tuner regarding this issue and I was basically told that this was a hit or miss issue, some get it some don't. I'm sorry but I'm not going to roll the dice and drop 7K on a system and then possibly get stuck with this problem. I believe there should be better transparency/input from procharger on this issue as it appears that these are not isolated incidents.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I had a very good conversation today with a very reputable vendor/tuner regarding this issue and I was basically told that this was a hit or miss issue, some get it some don't. I'm sorry but I'm not going to roll the dice and drop 7K on a system and then possibly get stuck with this problem. I believe there should be better transparency/input from procharger on this issue as it appears that these are not isolated incidents.
I will say this...

I remember vividly many other tuners (mainstream) saying it couldn't be solved, yet they solved it on like 99% of customers cars with tune changes.

Sadly to this day, its been years since I have seen a car do it in person... I tune coyotes weekly with blowers on them (even other F/I) and haven't had a "surge" car since like early 2015....

People have to remember these cars have IMRC plates, and even stock you can feel them move. (hell you can really really feel them move in GT350's, and see it vividly in the dyno graph)

You can make the transition pretty smooth, however if a person just sits there on the threshold letting them open and close, and open and close... well you are gonna feel it no matter what. Since the ECU is doing all sorts of work to deal with them moving. (cam changes, timing changes, etc)

So I know Diablomatt has had great luck with his files.
I know I send out about 15-25 weekly with never really hearing about it.
Personally here in KC I do a few a week, and never had one do it.

So thus I don't know what the percentage is, but its gotta be LOW.
Or it has to do with driving style.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)

Agree, Agree, Agreeeeee :)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
I'm assuming mine is tune related too. My previous tune was fine. I wouldn't think teeing off the BOV vac line to add a fuel pressure regulator would cause the BOV to not work properly and then have surging.
no, what you are talking about would not effect it. vac leaks can but simply teeing in would not.

Looks like I'll be reaching out to you [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] for a tune if I go the Procharger route ;)
not a problem. would be happy to help
:D

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
Go with your gut. Plenty of options out there when it comes to reliable and proven FI options. I haven’t seen this issue with the Vortech or any of the PD FI systems.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
UPDATE: spoke to Nardi over at Lund, sent him 3 logs containing 1-2 surge events each. He responded that he could see it on the logs, next day I get a revision, said to try it and if it does it to log it and send it back. Well as of 3 hours ago, I tried about 20-30 throttle stabs and nothing, couldn’t get it to happen. So as of now, I’m surge free. Props to Nardi over at Lund.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
UPDATE: spoke to Nardi over at Lund, sent him 3 logs containing 1-2 surge events each. He responded that he could see it on the logs, next day I get a revision, said to try it and if it does it to log it and send it back. Well as of 3 hours ago, I tried about 20-30 throttle stabs and nothing, couldn’t get it to happen. So as of now, I’m surge free. Props to Nardi over at Lund.

Any idea what was adjusted on the tune?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
its not imrcs. that's what i thought it was when i started trying to fix it. its the TQ tables.

and a few other little things. if he wants he can email me.
should have been figured out from logging tq source, etc, pedal %, and requested tq. little things will get you like not having the same values for tq to load and the inverse load to tq tables :p

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Thats awesome... :) I knew they would get you dialed in, and enjoying smooth free operation like the rest of us ProCharger owners... :)

Great, Great news! :cheers:
Sponsored