Sponsored

ProCharger Surge at ~2500 RPM - Need Help!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Dont recall and im not by my car right now. If you have multiple tunes in the nguage, does the nguage tell you which one is currently uploaded?
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
My car has also developed this surge issue. It will do it around 2500rpm or so, usually in 3rd and up if I give it a certain throttle percentage. You can see on the RPM graph from the log that its wavy with peaks and valleys when it's happening. It didn't have this until I added a return system and switched tuners. Tuner says he doesn't see anything in the log, and to check the bypass valve. Well I haven't touched the Tial BOV except to tee off the vac line for the regulator. I don't think there's any kind of leak, because it holds boost all the way up on WOT pulls according to my gauge. I'm kinda stumped right now.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
My car has also developed this surge issue. It will do it around 2500rpm or so, usually in 3rd and up if I give it a certain throttle percentage. You can see on the RPM graph from the log that its wavy with peaks and valleys when it's happening. It didn't have this until I added a return system and switched tuners. Tuner says he doesn't see anything in the log, and to check the bypass valve. Well I haven't touched the Tial BOV except to tee off the vac line for the regulator. I don't think there's any kind of leak, because it holds boost all the way up on WOT pulls according to my gauge. I'm kinda stumped right now.
Well fantastic lmao, and you're a manual. Ill try it out now on the way home so see how and when it does it and ill try to log it. Ill try to get under the car and check that line from the inlet to the BOV to see if I see anything.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Is it possible the IMRC's have started playing up?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Crazy to see so many people having issues. Definitely appears to be related to Lund too.

I have a P1X Stage 2 tuned by Lund. It has literally only surged once, the whole time I've owned it. About 20k miles on it too.

I can't recall if the one surge I got was before or after switching to the Turbosmart BOV, but still... only happened once. I don't understand why some people have the issue and some dont with nearly identical setups. Really strange.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I just tried to make it happen on the way home, tried about 12 times, got it to happen twice, both times on normal mode. Required a sharp stab of the throttle then leaving it there, anything less than a fast stab it won’t do it. So as an example, hit throttle to about 40% and leave at 40, if you transition thru it then it won’t happen. On sport mode the throttle responds fast enough to minimize the occurrence. I’ll log it and save the logs and follow thru with Lund if I feel like it becomes a common thing, won’t bother with “fixing” it if I have to go out of my way to make it happen, I will make sure it’s addressed once I upgrade fuel system for E85.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
So educate me here. I’m considering the P-1X down the road and already decided against Lund for reasons unrelated to this thread. Question is: what’s wrong with the tune from procharger. Is it because it’s more conservative and /or most people already have a Lund? And what is ProCharger’s stand on this issue?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So educate me here. I’m considering the P-1X down the road and already decided against Lund for reasons unrelated to this thread. Question is: what’s wrong with the tune from procharger. Is it because it’s more conservative and /or most people already have a Lund? And what is ProCharger’s stand on this issue?
Makes no power.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Dont recall and im not by my car right now. If you have multiple tunes in the nguage, does the nguage tell you which one is currently uploaded?
No I don’t think so...I was looking around on the Ngauge trying to figure out if it said somewhere which file was currently loaded, but I couldn’t find anything definitive.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Jon jr at Lund Racing tuned my procharged setup and I couldn’t be happier. Never had any issue other than traction lol. Car drives 100% like stock (aside from converter) with no bucking or surging at any throttle position. I accelerate at all different throttle positions and most of them are partial 20-60% due to lack of traction.

Try messing with/looking at the bov tension adjustment, spring in the bov, vacuum line connections, throttle plate modulation and do a once over on everything else.

Do any of the people with bucking/surging issues have a ghost cam idle in the tune you’re having issues with?

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine gave engine trouble codes and caused the catalytic converters to get up close to 2000 degrees. They fixed that with a revision and then a month or two of back and forth revisions (I think there were 9 revisions), none of which could fix the surging issue.

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Is it possible the IMRC's have started playing up?
I don’t have imrcs. Boss intake. Nothing has changed about my setup except switching tuners and going to the return system w/regulator.

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Has procharger chimed in at all? I was about to pull the trigger on HO kit now I'm worried...

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Has procharger chimed in at all? I was about to pull the trigger on HO kit now I'm worried...
My car lund tuned always drove great, no surging.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I don’t have imrcs. Boss intake. Nothing has changed about my setup except switching tuners and going to the return system w/regulator.
I really believe it's in the torque management tuning,I had the same problem with my pp car and could never get it to stop,one thing I would look at is make sure the linkage for the surge valve is not hitting anything and I would use a vacuum reference that just runs the surge/ blow off valve.
Sponsored