Supercharger on the 5.2

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You don't have issues, so that means everything's all good with the GT350 platform? No need to beat a dead horse with the limp mode issues, but this forum is a pretty good start to catch up on current events. There's been blown motors, transmission issues, and even one car going limp with street driving. The threshold for the limp mode seems to get worse and it's not even summer. I Don't wonder why I bought the car. There were no known issues with the platform from when I ordered the car last June, to when I picked it up last November. I haven't had any issues since then and I don't track my car, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not concerned.
You bought a TECH PACK! I bought a TP! I did my research. I was in the know. I knew that the tremec gear box was smaller. I knew I wanted to track my car,, why would you have bought a tech pack thinking it would somehow perform to some magical standard that Ford never set for the base or tech car. I understand, the issue is real and it sucks for the base tech owners. BUT DAMN!!!!!! it is a dead horse. the blown engines, yup that happens to Porsche too. the on road issues with the other thread, that guy had a full loaded car hitting the canyon roads hitting 3 digit speeds.....what do you think is going to happen..LIMP MODE. Really, these recent threads have become moaning grounds for those that ordered a base or tech. The car is amazing. Should have ordered a TP, I did.
Sponsored

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
You bought a TECH PACK! I bought a TP! I did my research. I was in the know. I knew that the tremec gear box was smaller. I knew I wanted to track my car,, why would you have bought a tech pack thinking it would somehow perform to some magical standard that Ford never set for the base or tech car. I understand, the issue is real and it sucks for the base tech owners. BUT DAMN!!!!!! it is a dead horse. the blown engines, yup that happens to Porsche too. the on road issues with the other thread, that guy had a full loaded car hitting the canyon roads hitting 3 digit speeds.....what do you think is going to happen..LIMP MODE. Really, these recent threads have become moaning grounds for those that ordered a base or tech. The car is amazing. Should have ordered a TP, I did.
Simple logic, I don't plan to track my car. I like the Sync 3, like the cooled/heated seats, don't like the feel of the Recaros, and like the toggle switches. Seems like the tech was the pretty obvious choice for me, and yes, I researched. BTW, please provide me any link, to any article or website prior to last summer that states "if you carry passengers, haul cargo, and do some spirited driving, the tech/base GT350 is not for you." I haven't moaned about anything, so please don't go down that Ford fanatic path and get all butt hurt because people are pointing out issues with the GT350. Once again, I don't have issues with my car, however, I have concerns due because this might affect potential mods in the future (SC for example). Believe it or not, you can enjoy and be a fan of something and still be critical of it's faults.

Last edited:

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
MY TURN>......I've had ALOT of mustangs. None of them turned or stopped worth a damn. My mustangs all made stupid power but they were one dimensional in that all they were good for was acceleration and tire smoke. I bought the 350 because I won't have to upgrade every aspect of the car to make it a well rounded street car. If a viable forced induction system becomes available its going on MY car and I won't be seeking anyone's approval before or after doing so.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Boost on a 12-1 cr engine gives a tuning window as wide as a mail slot. Plan your budget to include a rebuild.. Including a new block. A .020 cleanup damaged by a burnt piston draging stuck rings on the cylinder isn't an option.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That's the beauty of a forum and freedom of speech. You can do whatever YOU do or don't want to do and others can voice their opinion on it. After all putting it up here opens the door for that. Not being a keyboard warrior my in person opinions are reflected the same way.

I could form a much longer list of reasons why I wouldn't turbo or supercharge this car than I can for reasons why I would. It certainly can be done, will it shorten the lifespan of the engine most certainly. Is it foolish to say the harmonics affected by a supercharger of any kind? Absolutely.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
You don't have issues, so that means everything's all good with the GT350 platform? No need to beat a dead horse with the limp mode issues, but this forum is a pretty good start to catch up on current events. There's been blown motors, transmission issues, and even one car going limp with street driving. The threshold for the limp mode seems to get worse and it's not even summer. I Don't wonder why I bought the car. There were no known issues with the platform from when I ordered the car last June, to when I picked it up last November. I haven't had any issues since then and I don't track my car, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not concerned.
If you dont want to wait for FP to bring the coolers to market, build your own!

I'm marching forward with coolers. I may do the FP trans swap when it is released, but for now, i want to enjoy the track this summer, so I'm building my own cooler for at least the trans.

I'll have all of my parts, including the factory finned cooler, an electric pump and AN fittings/lines done for about $800.

When you buy a $60K car, whining and being concerned on the internet over $800 in additional parts and about 3-4 hours worth of real work is kind of silly.

Hell, I have more than twice that into the suspension already and 4.5x that into headers & exhaust.

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 toyota tacoma, (ordered) Magnectic GT350
In all fairness regardless of the option you picked this was brought to us as a track car and sold as a track car. So i don't think it's moaning grounds since most knew from the jump we wouldn't be able to track as long as the track pack cars but it was stated you'd be able to get at least 3 20-30min sessions in no problem with standard or tech cars.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In all fairness regardless of the option you picked this was brought to us as a track car and sold as a track car. So i don't think it's moaning grounds since most knew from the jump we wouldn't be able to track as long as the track pack cars but it was stated you'd be able to get at least 3 20-30min sessions in no problem with standard or tech cars.
IMG_9441.jpg

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

No, it wasn't.

As far as supercharging the 5.2. I'm interested to see what comes out and what the durability of these motors will be, overall.

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 toyota tacoma, (ordered) Magnectic GT350
No, it wasn't.

As far as supercharging the 5.2. I'm interested to see what comes out and what the durability of these motors will be, overall.
Raj Nair said it so...... yea guy who helped develop vs paper... I'm wondering when the turbos will start being developed

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Raj Nair said it so...... yea guy who helped develop vs paper... I'm wondering when the turbos will start being developed
More importantly the document shipped with the vehicle and it's owners manual.

Turbos should assist that trans heating prohlem.like a champ. Considering most kits tend to place them about 4" away from it. :thumbsup:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm going to go with the documentation vs what someone said they heard what someone else said.

PS - this picture isn't meant to stir the pot. Hopefully you guys get satisfaction from your new cars. What I'd like to point out is that while an engineer like Raj usually has high hopes...many times a cars specs/capabilities change before actual production. It's possible that after it's initial success, they got the go ahead to make them all have coolers.

Ford originally said there would be no oil coolers in base and tech cars but they included them. I'd say it's a wash.

Turbos - This is link is from page one of this actual thread..
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48357
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: