Sponsored

Supercharger on the 5.2

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I keep seeing where you can't put a supercharger on the 5.2 engine because of the high compression ratio. Is it doable or not?
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You can put a Whipple on it

strange that very little has been covered on this ever since.

If you don't plan to run e85 all the time I wouldn't be planning to have reliable power with a supercharger with that compression on 93. Would make the tuning window pretty narrow imo.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I bet harmonics are interesting on that car.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It's supposed to be a NA track car. No way I'd put any kind of FI on one, you'd be running entirely counter to the design philosophy of the car.

Enjoy it for what it is. If you want FI and big power, buy an RS3, or put a TVS or Whipple on a GT, or wait for the rumored S550 GT500.

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I'm coming from a big single Supra, so I'm very interested to see more data on any type of force induction. I miss the big power. I'm sure there will be viable options in the future. Lethal was the start, hopefully they will put out more information on a potential kit.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I agree it is unusual that lethal has not been raving about this car. I bet there are bugs they r trying to work out.

There is a twin turbo application that is being developed for the S550 that is supposed to work for the GT 350.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48357
No raving since they are waiting on a clutch. They killed their stock clutch when the pedal got stuck on nitrous. I believe I remember reading the clutch is almost ready.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Compression is becoming less and less of an "issue" these days. There are some cases where high compression and backing of the timing a little bit is preferred in FI applications.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's supposed to be a NA track car. No way I'd put any kind of FI on one, you'd be running entirely counter to the design philosophy of the car.

Enjoy it for what it is. If you want FI and big power, buy an RS3, or put a TVS or Whipple on a GT, or wait for the rumored S550 GT500.
You do know 90% of the people who buy this car do not track.
There is nothing wrong supercharging it really.
Ton's of fast cars are supercharged.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
We've actually raved quite a bit about the car with the blower on it but it is still in testing. Still messing with the tuning as it's using a throttle body with GT electronics (Whipple is working on a t/b that uses stock electronics) and we are testing some exhaust but having an issue with one of the valves and locating a replacement. The car is a monster, harmonics are fine, car feels stock until you mash it.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Compression is becoming less and less of an "issue" these days. There are some cases where high compression and backing of the timing a little bit is preferred in FI applications.
It's still an issue. Especially on cars that don't run direct injection and don't run e85. Most of those apps you speak of tend to be turbocharged engine and most of them are on good fuel. Pump gas is definitely not getting any better. Having a high static compression ratio, introducing hot air (even intercooled it's still going to be considerably higher than ambient) and doing so on pump gas makes that window very small and increases the likelihood of detonation. As a matter of fact I know a guy who at this very moment is dropping the compression on his procharged mod motor and everything was setup from the get go for higher compression.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You do know 90% of the people who buy this car do not track.
There is nothing wrong supercharging it really.
Ton's of fast cars are supercharged.
You certainly wouldn't know it judging by those concerned about limp mode.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You certainly wouldn't know it judging by those concerned about limp mode.
Pretty sure Ford set the threshold too low. There is no way a couple of laps the diff is overheating.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Pretty sure Ford set the threshold too low. There is no way a couple of laps the diff is overheating.
Well the trans is what is causing the limp mode. On the tech and base that temp is at 250f.
Sponsored