Sponsored

Supercharger on the 5.2

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Well the trans is what is causing the limp mode. On the tech and base that temp is at 250f.
A manual transmission gets up to 250F?
Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I'd like to see a procharger on this car. That would be interesting.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Well the trans is what is causing the limp mode. On the tech and base that temp is at 250f.
Closer to 280F, but who's counting.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
A manual transmission gets up to 250F?
When entering a discussion, it is best to know about the topic at hand regarding the specific power-train. If not, you come of as seriously uninformed.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
It's supposed to be a NA track car. No way I'd put any kind of FI on one, you'd be running entirely counter to the design philosophy of the car.

Enjoy it for what it is. If you want FI and big power, buy an RS3, or put a TVS or Whipple on a GT, or wait for the rumored S550 GT500.
I agree whole heartily! But for some people it is not enough. As to why you would want to disrupt a sublime balance in performance in such a glorious car is beside me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
When entering a discussion, it is best to know about the topic at hand regarding the specific power-train. If not, you come of as seriously uninformed.
It's not specific. I never thought a manual would get that hot. Auto's don't even get that hot.

OP
OP
Bobne

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
It's supposed to be a NA track car. No way I'd put any kind of FI on one, you'd be running entirely counter to the design philosophy of the car.

Enjoy it for what it is. If you want FI and big power, buy an RS3, or put a TVS or Whipple on a GT, or wait for the rumored S550 GT500.
My '13 Boss was built for the track, but the reason I bought it was for the strong engine--not the track. And when I put a supercharger on it, along with other items, with 731hp it became one of the baddest cars around. And it was really fun to drive--almost scary! And that's what its all about.
I traded the Boss on my GT350 because it is a real cool car. Its fun to drive, but without the supercharger not even close to my Boss. And I don't plan to track it. I just bought it because I love to drive Mustangs!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Closer to 280F, but who's counting.
Not me really. I ordered a track package.

I do recall someone quoting exact temps and the track pack was stated to have a higher threshold with a soft limp mode at like 260 and limp at 280. Where as the base and tech was set to limp at 260. I'll look later. I don't get too caught up in all the negative threads.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
It's not specific. I never thought a manual would get that hot. Auto's don't even get that hot.
First key difference between and automatic and manual transmission is it's size. 2nd, the Tremec XMSN on the GT350 are even smaller (weight savings) than the standard gearbox on the GT. So without coolers and larger housing the heat build faster with no way of dissipating. I am pretty certain that is the main reason the 17's all come standard with the coolers.

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Procharger and Paxton are making kits for them, should be ready in a few months from what they told me, I also want blower on a gt350, sorry 526HP isn't enough for me in 3600-3700lb car

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
First key difference between and automatic and manual transmission is it's size. 2nd, the Tremec XMSN on the GT350 are even smaller (weight savings) than the standard gearbox on the GT. So without coolers and larger housing the heat build faster with no way of dissipating. I am pretty certain that is the main reason the 17's all come standard with the coolers.
I can't believe Ford didn't test it out before they start selling them. If they are smart enough, they would issue a TSB to have the cooler installed on all of them.

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I agree whole heartily! But for some people it is not enough. As to why you would want to disrupt a sublime balance in performance in such a glorious car is beside me.
The car isn't enough for some of us. As for it being a glorious car, that can be viewed as an exaggeration. I see the GT350 as a potential platform to build upon (clearly, an opinion). As it sits right now, it doesn't provide me the experience I've been looking for. This platform has obvious issues, but time will sort that all out.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Procharger and Paxton are making kits for them, should be ready in a few months from what they told me, I also want blower on a gt350, sorry 526HP isn't enough for me in 3600-3700lb car
Then it steam rolls into other things. Clutch, rings, etc.

I just wish I had the disposable income to say eff it and void the warranty on a car that has a very expensive engine and components and have had a few issues without the added stress of forced induction. Especially the of a supercharger on a crank that was purposely lightened.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
The car isn't enough for some of us. As for it being a glorious car, that can be viewed as an exaggeration. I see the GT350 as a potential platform to build upon (clearly, an opinion). As it sits right now, it doesn't provide me the experience I've been looking for. This platform has obvious issues, but time will sort that all out.
Obvious issues? what are they? I have none, however I own a TP. I get the experience I was looking for and then some. I can say that my opinion of the car is echoed through many on this forum and the automobile world. I would post links of the various raving reviews for this car but it would take all day.As I said, the current performance level of this car for some is not enough. Makes you wonder, why did you get the car in the first place? Many reviews of the capabilities of this car were available months before ordering banks opened.

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
You don't have issues, so that means everything's all good with the GT350 platform? No need to beat a dead horse with the limp mode issues, but this forum is a pretty good start to catch up on current events. There's been blown motors, transmission issues, and even one car going limp with street driving. The threshold for the limp mode seems to get worse and it's not even summer. I Don't wonder why I bought the car. There were no known issues with the platform from when I ordered the car last June, to when I picked it up last November. I haven't had any issues since then and I don't track my car, but I'm not going to pretend I'm not concerned.
Sponsored