Sponsored

Supercharged Cars - what street tires do you run?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Anyone running hankook Ventus v12’s. I just bought some new wheels and I’m thinking of trying a hankook 305/30-19 in the rear. I’m not expecting 1st or 2nd traction but hopefully 3rd.
Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Traction control and Advanced Trac off right? I have 305/45R17 ET-R's @12psi and I can't get them to hook until about 50-60mph. I'm going to a 325/50R15 ET-R now and we'll see if it helps.
Yes all nannies off. I haven't had a chance to do a full pull with the added power and the ET Street R's yet due to the weather here. I'm hoping at 55mph and 26psi on the street that they will hook for me with my 3.73 rear

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yes all nannies off. I haven't had a chance to do a full pull with the added power and the ET Street R's yet due to the weather here. I'm hoping at 55mph and 26psi on the street that they will hook for me with my 3.73 rear
Good luck lol. I've spun at 60 with them aired down but hot weather definitely helps. A lot depends on the quality of the road as well.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
People have a varying definition of "hook"....
Agreed. That's why I kept asking if that's with the nannies on lmao. I've ran 3 different sets of tires and settled on the ET-R's for the time being. I plan to likely go to a hoosier slick for those fun outings, but at 800+whp it's tough to get anything to dead "HOOK"

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Agreed. That's why I kept asking if that's with the nannies on lmao. I've ran 3 different sets of tires and settled on the ET-R's for the time being. I plan to likely go to a hoosier slick for those fun outings, but at 800+whp it's tough to get anything to dead "HOOK"
Hoosier is a badass tire!
MVIMG_20190925_175733.jpg

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you in principle, but it sounded misleading. I'm running a Michelin tire (known to run wide) and have no issues on a 1/2" drop. But yea if you are on a 20" or have an aggressive drop, you are going to have to "make it work". Anyway the point of my post was not to call you out, but want guys to know you can run a 325 without messing with camber. I'm on 11.5 +56 and it fits perfectly on ford performance springs. If you are not that concerned with handling you could also run a 19/11 with 50 or 52 offset.
For some clarity regarding my reply:
This is an 11” +50 running a 295/35/20. IRS subframe is dead centred, spherical bearings and Delrin everywhere also (no play).
-2.2* camber at ride height.
Pictured is the available clearance at the point where the bumpstops start to come into play, which happens to be about 1” of tyre travel. (It’s 3.6mm for those playing at home)
Now, I’m not saying you can’t increase the width of the tyre by 15mm (per side) but, you’re going to have to think very carefully about your selection of wheel offset or add more negative camber if your existing offset doesn’t work.
I’m fairly certain that most guys on springs haven’t actually bothered to lower the car without the springs fitted to find out exactly how much clearance they really have when the wheel goes to full travel up into the wheel arch.
Now, I could be wrong, but I’m guessing that a decent fender rub is only a decent pothole away on plenty of the setups people are using.
YMMV of course, I’m just putting it out there so people can hopefully avoid a pitfall (or pothole). :like:
6B74A6E6-FF0B-4511-83E6-5DA382C7A5C7.jpeg

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
For some clarity regarding my reply:
This is an 11” +50 running a 295/35/20. IRS subframe is dead centred, spherical bearings and Delrin everywhere also (no play).
-2.2* camber at ride height.
Pictured is the available clearance at the point where the bumpstops start to come into play, which happens to be about 1” of tyre travel. (It’s 3.6mm for those playing at home)
Now, I’m not saying you can’t increase the width of the tyre by 15mm (per side) but, you’re going to have to think very carefully about your selection of wheel offset or add more negative camber if your existing offset doesn’t work.
I’m fairly certain that most guys on springs haven’t actually bothered to lower the car without the springs fitted to find out exactly how much clearance they really have when the wheel goes to full travel up into the wheel arch.
Now, I could be wrong, but I’m guessing that a decent fender rub is only a decent pothole away on plenty of the setups people are using.
YMMV of course, I’m just putting it out there so people can hopefully avoid a pitfall (or pothole). :like:
6B74A6E6-FF0B-4511-83E6-5DA382C7A5C7.jpeg
What tyres are you running Burkey?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What tyres are you running Burkey?
Continental Contisport 5p. They’re a decent tyre but nothing that can go around a corner properly is going to handle the kind of torque a blown car produces. I actually prefer if they don’t. Grip takes the fun out of it.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Continental Contisport 5p. They’re a decent tyre but nothing that can go around a corner properly is going to handle the kind of torque a blown car produces. I actually prefer if they don’t. Grip takes the fun out of it.
Thanks for your reply.
I need to replace the rears very soon.
A bit torn what to get but hampered with by my wheel choice offset etc..

Not sure I need a drag radial.

Anyway I'm rambling cheers...

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your reply.
I need to replace the rears very soon.
A bit torn what to get but hampered with by my wheel choice offset etc..

Not sure I need a drag radial.

Anyway I'm rambling cheers...
I’d avoid a DR unless your sole purpose in life is accelerating as hard possible. That‘s just me though.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Toyo is the only tire that will do everything. The confidence at high speeds, grip from a dig,, cornering, and acclerating st wot while changing lanes or passing. To be honest it’s the only tire I have had on that didn’t make me feel like I could die at any moment when I pushed the car. I currently have the comintental contact sports and they’re just not on the same level. Obviously a drag easial
On a 17 or smaller is better for launching on the street but not by much (this of course depends on power level) and it won’t do everything else anywhere near as well.

plasmid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Toyo is the only tire that will do everything. The confidence at high speeds, grip from a dig,, cornering, and acclerating st wot while changing lanes or passing. To be honest it’s the only tire I have had on that didn’t make me feel like I could die at any moment when I pushed the car. I currently have the comintental contact sports and they’re just not on the same level. Obviously a drag easial
On a 17 or smaller is better for launching on the street but not by much (this of course depends on power level) and it won’t do everything else anywhere near as well.
Toyo r888r?

I'm supercharged with 450kw at the wheels and my best 0-100km/h is 6.4 seconds!! Lol...

I've got Falken Azenis at the moment. But have had them prior to supercharging...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Toyo r888r?

I'm supercharged with 450kw at the wheels and my best 0-100km/h is 6.4 seconds!! Lol...

I've got Falken Azenis at the moment. But have had them prior to supercharging...
Ewwww. Please avoid Falken in future.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Toyo r888r?

Yes. They don’t last long. Are loud, and not as good as my contis in the rain but they’re magic for a 20” tire. I don’t enjoy my car anywhere as much without then. They launch hard on the street with the nannies off in good temps. I never had to warm them up. Never did one burnout with them until they lost their grip. So hard you feel the backend is going fall off. Im Dying to get them back on. They look amazing also.
Sponsored